Missing Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Channels

I'm sure somehow this is something I did. However, I can't figure out why I'm missing channels and how to include them. I was thinking of just restarting the plugin from scratch but hopefully there is a better way. I have selected the channels on the schedules direct website and they are in the .xml file (see screenshot). Is there a way to get them included in the channel selector? I don't really care about the food network (channel 181) but NBC sports network is dear to my heart...
    Attached Files

Admin Path: TV Admin, Data,Channels
    First, check to make sure you have selected the channel to be imported.
    Look for the channel and make sure there is a checkmark in the download box. This page is the main control for what channels are imported into the database. This is the main control point for the channels.

Admin Path: TV Admin, Users, Edit, Channels
    Because HSTV is designed for multi users an Admin has to select the channels that a particular user will be allowed to see in their Channel Selector. This allows hiding channels from young children. In addition to channel locks, you can also lock out shows by ratings. You can block access to any of the HSTV user pages.

User Path: Ch Selector
    When a user has been given permissions to channels and ratings, they are ready to setup their personal preferences. When they go to the Ch Selector they can see only the channels that an Admin has specifically given them permission to see. Selecting their channels will add them only to their grid. It does not affect any other users channels.

Admin Path: TV Admin, Integration, XMLTV
    When you add a new channel to the download page, that channel will be added to the database the next time the HSTV events run.
    On this page, you can control if HSTV downloads all of the xml files every night or just the new ones. If you have it set to No, then the existing xml files will not be deleted after import. This is good for those with data limits or slow connections. However, it will cause a new channel to not show up in the grid until the date of the new xml file.
    If you set the download to get all xml files every night then the newly added channel will show up the next time the events run. It also allows the listings to be modified in case a program gets changed. I run my listings at 13 days ahead so it is possible that a particular channel may change what is airing by the time we get to that day.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
      Admin Path: TV Admin, Data,Channels
      First, check to make sure you have selected the channel to be imported.
      Look for the channel and make sure there is a checkmark in the download box. This page is the main control for what channels are imported into the database. This is the main control point for the channels.

Admin Path: TV Admin, Users, Edit, Channels
      Because HSTV is designed for multi users an Admin has to select the channels that a particular user will be allowed to see in their Channel Selector. This allows hiding channels from young children. In addition to channel locks, you can also lock out shows by ratings. You can block access to any of the HSTV user pages.

User Path: Ch Selector
      When a user has been given permissions to channels and ratings, they are ready to setup their personal preferences. When they go to the Ch Selector they can see only the channels that an Admin has specifically given them permission to see. Selecting their channels will add them only to their grid. It does not affect any other users channels.

Admin Path: TV Admin, Integration, XMLTV
      When you add a new channel to the download page, that channel will be added to the database the next time the HSTV events run.
      On this page, you can control if HSTV downloads all of the xml files every night or just the new ones. If you have it set to No, then the existing xml files will not be deleted after import. This is good for those with data limits or slow connections. However, it will cause a new channel to not show up in the grid until the date of the new xml file.
      If you set the download to get all xml files every night then the newly added channel will show up the next time the events run. It also allows the listings to be modified in case a program gets changed. I run my listings at 13 days ahead so it is possible that a particular channel may change what is airing by the time we get to that day.
      Thanks but bear with me. Still not seeing it.

1. Admin Path: TV Admin, Data,Channels. As you can see in the .jpg the channel still isn't there so there is not way to check a download box for that particular channel or channels.

2. Admin Path: TV Admin, Users, Edit, Channels. Like #1, it isn't there to block or allow.

3. User Path: Ch Selector. This was the .jpg in my first post. I am the only one who uses this and it is the default user. Of course, I guess it makes sense that if it isn't in #1 or #2 it wouldn't be here.

4. Admin Path: TV Admin, Integration, XMLTV. I deleted all my .xml files in the listings folder and re-downloaded them and then ran through all the hstv events in order but still not seeing the channels. As the first post, it looks like they are in the .xml file just not getting imported for some reason.
      Attached Files

Comment

If the channel is not in the Data channels page I would check the xmltv setup to see if the conf file is set to skip the channel.

Under Integration, click on XMLTV.
        Then click on XMLTV Configure. You will have to be on the HomeSeer server to see xmltv run the configuration program.

There will be an option to automatically add new channels. Make sure you set it to yes.

Another possibility is that at some point in the past you deleted the channel. It stays in the database to keep the channel from coming back every import.
        You can check in the tvchannels table for that channel number.
        If it is in the table there would be a 1 in the viewhide field. Change it to 0 and that will let it show in the Channel list again.
        If you don't have access you are welcome to email me your database and I can make the change for you.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Originally posted by CFGuy View Post
          If the channel is not in the Data channels page I would check the xmltv setup to see if the conf file is set to skip the channel.

Under Integration, click on XMLTV.
          Then click on XMLTV Configure. You will have to be on the HomeSeer server to see xmltv run the configuration program.

There will be an option to automatically add new channels. Make sure you set it to yes.

Another possibility is that at some point in the past you deleted the channel. It stays in the database to keep the channel from coming back every import.
          You can check in the tvchannels table for that channel number.
          If it is in the table there would be a 1 in the viewhide field. Change it to 0 and that will let it show in the Channel list again.
          If you don't have access you are welcome to email me your database and I can make the change for you.
          That was it. I changed the database file viewhide field to 0 and it worked. Thanks.

Comment

Glad that got it for you.
            I can see that I need to add a page to view/edit the deleted channels.
            Something for my to do list.
            --
            Jeff Farmer
            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

I posted 3.1.3 in the download thread.
              http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=123533

I added a button on the Channel editor labeled View Deleted.
              This displays any that have been set as deleted and allows you to restore them.
              --
              Jeff Farmer
              HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
              X