Schedules direct change.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schedules direct change.

My 1 year subscription to schedules direct was about to expire and I went to renew and found a note and forum post stating that there are changes coming with how the data will be acquired.

http://forums.schedulesdirect.org/vi...php?f=7&t=2577

I assume this change that is coming in November will effect HSTV and it will most likely stop working at that point?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Yeah, when they switch to a JSON service, HSTV will no longer work.

The only potential may be what was mentioned in the post you linked to.

In addition to the JSON service, a separate service is being developed to mimic the DataDirect feed. It's not ready yet but should be able to provide basic functionality for those legacy applications that can't move to JSON. It is expected to have most, but not all of the data currently in the Data Direct feed and will be updated daily. More details will be available about this later.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Jeff.

Comment

say it ain't so... HSTV is my favorite plugin.

Comment

Hopefully, the service to mimic Data Direct will be ready before the cut off of the xml data.

If it is just a matter of changing the URLS, I will do that.

I just don't want to deal with having to rewrite tons of code to switch from xml to json. But it sounds like they are going to provide a way to keep using something similar to what is provided now.

HSTV has the mis-fortune of being the first plugin I wrote and the first project that I did in vb. When I look at the code now, I see so much that needs to be updated to .net and just cleaned up in general. I just don't see any way that I could do all that anytime soon.
          --
          Jeff Farmer
          HS 3, HSPhone
          Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

hang in there bud! We'll cope.
            Don

Comment

I've not upgraded to 3 because of this. - it works do well with my home theater stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I started a thread on how to keep HSTV working with the new changes to Schedules Direct.
                --
                Jeff Farmer
                HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Working...
                X