Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Initial Release.

Hi All,

I have just released my Internet Radio Plugin.

The allows you Homeseer server to become a Source Device or a Low Scale distributed Audio system. I use it with my Russound system.

The Plugin is Multi Channel and will take advantage of all active sound output channels on the system including USB soundcards.

It works with most Audio streams, Its Preferable to use a Shoutcast or IcyCast stream as it can decode them natively, Other streams are supported by require client side transcoding (Which happens on the fly, just creates a temp file while its going).

The Plugin will get relevant Metadata if its available from the stream and try and find a Cover Image and some info about the Band or Song.

If you have any issues or if there is anything you would like added please let me know.

Thanks
    Mat

Sooo, will this work with my Sirius XM subscription? I have the Internet addon?

Comment

Hi MrMxyzptlk,

To be honest I have no idea.... If you can expose a link for the file stream then yep it should....

But if that link requires any kind of login them perhaps not....

Best to give it a try if possible.

I would be happy to try and add support if your willing to workthrough it with me and do some testing?

Did you have a link to the service? ill see if i can subscribe and get it sorted.... but it may be geolocked so i might have to work through that.

Thanks
      Mat

Comment

Hi Mat, can this plugin play a music stream like this http://newmedia.kcrw.com/legacy/pls/kcrwmusic.pls through an HS3 speaker client?

Thanks!

EDIT: Answered my own question... it does play the stream but only through the speaker client on the HS3 server (so for me that means local sound card and bluetooth speaker), not through the HS3Touch speaker clients on my wall mounted iPads etc. So close

Comment

Hi MDA,

Not sure streaming like that is possible, Will have a look, If it is then i will make it happen.

However, I could make the plugin remote capable and then you could run it from the speaker client?

Or if you using Chromecast as a client then i could get the stream onto that...

But there are limitations, Due to the way it works even if you got 3 plugins all on the same stream they would be slightly out of sync.... To capture the Track info it needs to capture the bytes and then read and decode them simultaneously.... So not great for sync.

Thanks
          Mat

Comment

Thanks!

I am running HS3Touch on an iPad (iOS) so cant run the plugin on that

I don’t need sync (iPads are in different rooms on different floors so can not hear them at the same time).

I don’t know if there is an easy way to support any speaker client like HS3 events do? For example, I can use my Sonos plug in speakers, my local speaker client, my HS3Touch apps running on iPads etc. in events.

=Edit=

WeatherXML plug in supports any speaker device too. Here you can see an example where I can enter the address of my Sonos speaker device:

Unfortunately I have no idea how these geniuses do it

Comment

I keep looking around for a Pandora music plugin. Since this seems to take an internet stream will Pandora work on this Internet Radio Plugin?

Comment

Hi Max99,

Apologies for the delay, If the stream is either Not Authenticated, Or you can Authenticate by URL (Which is unlikely as most services use Oauth these days) then it should work fine.....

I am happy to look into it if you like. I suggest downloading the trial and having a go and see if it works.

Thanks
                Mat

Comment

Sorry
                  I downloaded this plugin but didn't understand how it works. I also send screenshots. I can't activate the event that should start the internet radio. Can you tell me how to activate the internet radio? Until now to listen to the streaming radio I used another system and that is to activate with an event the start of the program (Microsoft Edge) and then pass the URL of the radio channel and everything was ok (image:cattura-ok). With this new plugin (internet radio) I could actually simplify the activation of the default radio channels but I can't make it work.
                  Thanks
                  Massimo-RenderCAD

Current Date/Time: 02/01/2021 16:28:19 HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548
                  Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro - Work Station
                  Enabled Plug-Ins
                  3.0.0.29: ADIO-100
                  3.0.0.36: AK Google Calendar
                  3.3.2.3: APCUPSD
                  1.0.0.85: Arduino Plugin
                  2.0.61.0: BLBackup
                  2.0.3.0: BLDatabase
                  3.0.15.0: BLMediaPlayer
                  2.0.76.0: BLSpeech
                  2.0.5.0: BLVolume
                  0.0.0.43: Current Cost 3P
                  0.0.0.3: Device Comparison 3P
                  3.1.2.0: Device History
                  3.0.0.71: EasyTrigger
                  5.0.0.59: Global Cache Pro
                  1.0.0.0: Internet Radio Plugin
                  3.20.0.9: MyZWaveParameters
                  3.0.0.14: NetCAM
                  3.0.1.125: PHLocation
                  1.0.0.7: Restart
                  3.0.8.7: SDJ-Health
                  3.0.2.0: Z-Wave
                  Attached Files

Comment

I would suspect the plugin is looking for the actual Internet Radio Stream URL. You have provided a URL which is a landing page for the radio station which has an embedded Radio Player incorporated to play the station.
                    Jon

Comment

Looks interesting, but I can't find any documentation. Has anyone actually used this, or has it been abandoned?
                      Don

Comment

Hi All,

Apologies for the delay, I was in the middle of moving house, So this is not abandoned, Please find the documentation below :

Internet Radio Plugin for Homeseer 3.pdf

I use this in my system so i can control the streams via Homeseer directly.

Please let me know if you have any trouble, Included in the documents is a link to a good website that has Streaming URL's

Thanks
                        Mat

Comment

Thanks.
                          Don

Comment

Originally posted by Mat_Budden View Post
                            Hi All,

Apologies for the delay, I was in the middle of moving house, So this is not abandoned, Please find the documentation below :

[ATTACH]n1448455[/ATTACH]

I use this in my system so i can control the streams via Homeseer directly.

Please let me know if you have any trouble, Included in the documents is a link to a good website that has Streaming URL's

Thanks
                            Mat
                            Hi Mat
                            Thanks
                            I've been trying to use it for a few days but there's something wrong.I fixed the mistake I was making and now the radio starts. Sometimes it's ok but very often it stops and doesn't start again. I don't know

Massimo-RenderCAD
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the message, Sorry to hear your having some trouble... I can see the station, so ill give it a test at my end later today and see if i can find the cause.

Thanks
                              Mat

Comment

Working...
                              X