This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunes DAAP plugin - Beta testing

iTunes DAAP plugin is designed to allow HomeSeer to control iTunes using the DAAP, DMAP and DACP protocols.
    It's capable of controlling any instance of iTunes running on your local network, or any instance of a DAAP server, as forked-daapd for example.

Please report any bug.

Please read the User Guide for detailed description

Installation:
    • download the zip attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder in /Updates3/Zips
    • download the file named updater_override.txt attached to this post and save it in the HS3 application folder.
    • go to the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page and click the "Update Listing" button, then click "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" and check the iTunes DAAP line.
    • click the "Download and Install" button
    • enable the plugin from the "PLUG-INS > Manage" page
    • delete updater_override.txt from your HS3 application folder

Changes to v3.0.0.33
    - Added "Clear queue" action

Changes to v3.0.0.32
    - Added "Add to Queue" option for "Play Album" and "Play Artist" actions
    - Updated device status icons
    - Fixed closing of plugin

Changes to v3.0.0.30
    - Fixed problem with artists names containing special characters in the player.

Changes to v3.0.0.29
    - Fixed discovery and pairing service with Avahi on Linux
    - Fixed automatic login when iTunes is discovered

Changes to v3.0.0.28
    - Fix speaker volume updates

Changes to v3.0.0.27
    - Updated screenshots for paring plugin with iTunes

Changes to v3.0.0.26
    - Fixed iTunes Action showing playlist list ID instead of name
    - Fixed copy of events and move of iTunes Actions

Changes to v3.0.0.25
    - Added ControlUse field for controls associated to speaker devices in order to fix "toggle On/Off" action from HSTouch

Changes to v3.0.0.24
    - Fixes for Media API

Changes to v3.0.0.23
    - Fixed playing a track with forked-daapd

Changes to v3.0.0.22
    - Added iTunes Radios in player and as an event action.

Changes to v3.0.0.21
    - Added Playlist device with dropdown list.

Changes to v3.0.0.20
    - Added "Forward Speak Actions to HS Speakers" setting. Set it to No only if you use the "Pause iTunes when HS is speaking" feature and you have another plugin running as a speak proxy.

Changes to v3.0.0.19:
    - Fixed encoding/decoding for Play Playlist/Play Artist/Play Album/Play Radio actions

Changes to v3.0.0.18:
    - Fixed Radio Genre and Radio Stream not being persistent for "Play Radio" action
    - Added timeouts for most requests sent to iTunes

Changes to v3.0.0.14:
    - Fixed track ID not being persistent for "Play Playlist" action

Changes to v3.0.0.13:
    - Added support for iTunes Radios
    - Fixed web player list boxes

Changes to v3.0.0.12:
    - Fix for accessing the web player from multiple clients
    - added multiple parameters to webplayer for better integration in HSTouch

Changes to v3.0.0.9:
    - Added "-" and "+" buttons to the speaker devices to decrease or increase volume by 5%

Changes to v3.0.0.8:
    - Automatic connection to iTunes, even when iTunes is started after the plugin.
    - Possibility to suppress hs header and footer on web player page.

Changes to v3.0.0.7:
    - Linux support

Changes to v3.0.0.6:
    - Support for multiple instances.

Changes to v3.0.0.5:
    - Fixed control of volume device from an event

Changes to v3.0.0.4:
    - Added event actions "Play Playlist", "Play Artist" and "Play Album"

Changes to v3.0.0.3:
    - Added option to automatically pause iTunes when HS is speaking
    - Added link to the forum
    Attached Files
    Last edited by spud; February 12, 2018, 11:02 AM.

Spud.. you da man..
    another wish answered..
    I will download tonite !!
    Ubuntu on the Intel NUC ( 8i5BEK ), 32 G, 250G SSD, V4 Pro 😎

Comment

Spud.. here's my "pie in the sky" wish
      connect to Jon00's HuE plug-in to provide mood lighting in sync w/ music

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
        Spud.. here's my "pie in the sky" wish
        connect to Jon00's HuE plug-in to provide mood lighting in sync w/ music
        yeah that would be cool. Unfortunately this plugin never has access to the music stream itself, so it's impossible to sync the lights with the beat of the music. IMO, to do this the easiest way is to code an iTunes Visualizer Plugin that would visually render the music on phillips hue instead of displaying images in the iTunes window. But that's another project by itself, which has nothing to do with HS.

That being said, what you can do easily with this plugin + Jon00's HUE plugin, is to set a predefined lighting ambiance according to the genre or artist that is currently playing.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          yeah that would be cool. Unfortunately this plugin never has access to the music stream itself, so it's impossible to sync the lights with the beat of the music. IMO, to do this the easiest way is to code an iTunes Visualizer Plugin that would visually render the music on phillips hue instead of displaying images in the iTunes window. But that's another project by itself, which has nothing to do with HS.

That being said, what you can do easily with this plugin + Jon00's HUE plugin, is to set a predefined lighting ambiance according to the genre or artist that is currently playing.
          NOW, that would be nice

Comment

OK.. Installed, Up and Running..
            N I C E .....

Comment

new version (3.0.0.2) uploaded in first post.
              this version adds some controls for the speakers on the player web page. Click on the Airplay button on the right to access them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	speakers.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1170203

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                new version (3.0.0.2) uploaded in first post.
                this version adds some controls for the speakers on the player web page. Click on the Airplay button on the right to access them.

[ATTACH]36096[/ATTACH]
                Spud.. which files need to be updated ?

Comment

Originally posted by gearyt View Post
                  Spud.. which files need to be updated ?
                  only HSPI_ITUNES_DAAP.exe
                  and there is two new graphic files to put in html\images\iTunesDAAP\player\
                  speaker-off.png
                  speaker-on.png

Comment

in updater

this plugin is now available from the HS3 updater

Comment

Cover art in HSTouch

I am not able to get cover art to display in HSTouch. I only get a generic image. I am wondering if the image is in the wrong place in the device....

Comment

Originally posted by camerun View Post
                        I am not able to get cover art to display in HSTouch. I only get a generic image. I am wondering if the image is in the wrong place in the device....
                        you're right, I set the cover art image for the cover device as html code, and it looks like HSTouch is not able to display it.

I can try to set this image as the status graphic, but I'm not sure how to do it. If you know another plugin that does this, i.e. displaying dynamically an image (as opposed to a predefined image) let me know that would help me.

Comment

How does this ver. Of iTunes plugin compare with the one HST has? I've been a iTunes user from HS and it's been a Nigth mare with small issue here and there thru out it life.

Does it mute when a TTs is going to be annouced?
                          Does iTunes application have to be running in the back ground?
                          What does DAAP mean? Is this your aka?
                          Hector
                          MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

no contest.. this is great.. I bought the HS version, paid for support and it still never worked right..

Comment

Originally posted by Rotech View Post
                              How does this ver. Of iTunes plugin compare with the one HST has? I've been a iTunes user from HS and it's been a Nigth mare with small issue here and there thru out it life.
                              First, this plugin is for HS3 and I don't think there is an HST iTunes plugin for HS3 yet. When compared to the HS2 plugin from HST the main differences is that they do not use the same API: mine use the DAAP protocol which is the same protocol used by the Remote app on iOS, the one HST has use the iTunes API which IMO is more limited. For example you can't control the AirPlay speakers using the HST plugin, with mine you can, another differences is that iTunes and HST plugin must run on the same machine, with mine you can run iTunes and the plugin on different machines, for example if you have iTunes running on your Mac you can still use the DAAP plugin to control it.

Does it mute when a TTs is going to be annouced?
                              No, but this is a feature I can add easily. This plugin is quite new, so a lot of features will be added in a near future. If you need some specifis ones just ask them in the "Feature Requests" thread.

Does iTunes application have to be running in the back ground?
                              Yes an iTunes application has to run somewhere, but it can be on any machine on your local network.

What does DAAP mean? Is this your aka?
                              DAAP means Digital Audio Access Protocol
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital...ccess_Protocol
                              This is the protocol used by this plugin to communicate with iTunes. Some other softwares (as forked-daap server) now use the same protocol, which means this plugin can work with those too.

Comment

Working...
                              X