Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

iTunes DAAP - Feature Requests

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Just dowloaded and installed 3.0.0.29 and will start testing. I'll report back after running for a while.

    Unless others are asking for the playlist thing, don't spend any time on it just for me. It would be nice but really not that big of a problem. Interestingly, I had gotten to where I seldom listened to music. Since getting the plugin and investing time in integrating it into my HSTouch app, I now listen lots more.

    Thanks.

    Comment


    • #62
      @spud

      I realize that you don't have support for listening to podcasts, but I was wondering if the iTunes API gives you control over refreshing podcasts. In other words, can the plugin tell iTunes to refresh the podcasts?

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by logbuilder View Post
        @spud

        I realize that you don't have support for listening to podcasts, but I was wondering if the iTunes API gives you control over refreshing podcasts. In other words, can the plugin tell iTunes to refresh the podcasts?
        no sorry I don't know how to do that.

        Comment


        • #64
          Thanks for the reply. It would have been nice but I think I can work on another solution.

          Comment


          • #65
            A Queue for music

            In the past, some plug-ins have had the ability to "add" songs to be played behind what was currently playing. Not sure if this is a feature request or this may already exist?

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Monk View Post
              In the past, some plug-ins have had the ability to "add" songs to be played behind what was currently playing. Not sure if this is a feature request or this may already exist?
              For iTunes - it looks like this is called, "up next" that is a queue. So - is it possible to add as a feature?

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Monk View Post
                For iTunes - it looks like this is called, "up next" that is a queue. So - is it possible to add as a feature?
                I will see if I can add that feature, but where do you want this to be available? as an event action or in the player?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by spud View Post
                  I will see if I can add that feature, but where do you want this to be available? as an event action or in the player?
                  I would think a perfect balance would be to have the queue visible in the player - where songs could be viewed, added to / deleted or whatever - then an event action such where making a selection would add it to the queue (If there were songs waiting), instead of instantly playing it.
                  If that could not be a default action - maybe a checkbox that could enable playing immediately - if checked - or add to queue if not.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	1194953

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    in version 3.0.0.32 available here I have added an "Add to queue" option for "Play Album" and "Play Artist" actions.

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	addtoqueue.png
Views:	1
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	1195199

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Most excellent. I have downloaded & currently testing.
                      Thanks!

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        The feature works well, thanks! Now, if there were a way to view the queue ("Up Next list ") & the ability to use "Clear". See below where under certain conditions of adding Albums/songs, there are actually two "Clear" abilities.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	1195225


                        Every little bit helps! Any chance for this?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by Monk View Post
                          The feature works well, thanks! Now, if there were a way to view the queue ("Up Next list ") & the ability to use "Clear". See below where under certain conditions of adding Albums/songs, there are actually two "Clear" abilities.

                          [ATTACH]66529[/ATTACH]


                          Every little bit helps! Any chance for this?
                          In version 3.0.0.33 I haVe added a "Clear Queue" action.

                          I don't know how to get the content of the queue, so I can't add it for now.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by spud View Post
                            In version 3.0.0.33 I haVe added a "Clear Queue" action.

                            I don't know how to get the content of the queue, so I can't add it for now.
                            Thanks, Spud!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X