No announcement yet.

Using iTunes DAAP from HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sent a list of problems to Rich, I bugged him several times to get some news, and he said Wade was working on it...

The media API is implemented in the latest version of the iTunes DAAP plugin so in HSTouch designer, you should now see your iTunes DAAP instance when you try to add a music browser template to a screen. You can try it, but last time I checked it was still very buggy.

Comment

Spud, would you be able to post a known issues section so we can get an idea of what's not working in regards to HSTouch? AFAIK, the cover art and some buttons are not working for me. I wanna make sure it's not something I'm doing wrong and just a bug in the Media API.

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
        Spud, would you be able to post a known issues section so we can get an idea of what's not working in regards to HSTouch? AFAIK, the cover art and some buttons are not working for me. I wanna make sure it's not something I'm doing wrong and just a bug in the Media API.
        Actually at this point I would not recommend to use the Media API because last time I tested, there were a lot of things that didn't work properly.
        Note that for everything except browsing your music, you can use the HS devices (cover, title, play, pause, etc...) to integrate iTunes in HSTouch

Comment

What about playlists? That is probably what I would use the most in HSTouch. The ability to be out by the pool and select and play different playlists for entertainment.

Comment

Could you just make a screen with buttons for each of the commonly used playlists?

Comment

I think he could just made playlists a HS device that's a drop down list. That's how it is with the beta HST iTunes plug in & BLiTunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sireone View Post
                I think he could just made playlists a HS device that's a drop down list. That's how it is with the beta HST iTunes plug in & BLiTunes.
                ok, I will add a HS device to select a playlist

Comment

in version 3.0.0.21 available here, I have added a Playlist device with a drop down list to select one.

Comment

Hs touch integration

Hi spud I see that hs are no longer continuing with the iTunes plugin in, but will you still continue your plugin with hs touch integration this was one of the main plugins I used in hs2

Comment

Originally posted by bbbinz View Post
                      Hi spud I see that hs are no longer continuing with the iTunes plugin in, but will you still continue your plugin with hs touch integration this was one of the main plugins I used in hs2
                      yes I will continue to support and develop this plugin, and the HSTouch integration as well

Comment

Hs touch integration

Thank you spud can't wait for the full hs touch integration plugin

Comment

Hi Spud,

I've downloaded your iTunes plugin yesterday and I really like the possibilities as 'multi-zone airplay'.... great!
                          But when integrating the plugin into HSTouch I discovered some problems using the 'music selector'.
                          After searching the forum I'd discover this thread....

Do you have any idea when the iTunes functionality, including the 'music selector' will be available into HSTouch?

Thanx...

Jaco

Comment

Originally posted by Jaco View Post
                            Hi Spud,

I've downloaded your iTunes plugin yesterday and I really like the possibilities as 'multi-zone airplay'.... great!
                            But when integrating the plugin into HSTouch I discovered some problems using the 'music selector'.
                            After searching the forum I'd discover this thread....

Do you have any idea when the iTunes functionality, including the 'music selector' will be available into HSTouch?

Thanx...

Jaco
                            Spud, is this still in the works?

Comment

The problem with the HSTouch integration is that it doesn't depend on me. The media API for HSTouch is not complete and buggy, so we need HST to work on it. I have sent them countless emails about it but most of the time I don't get any answers. I even offered to debug it myself for free if they could share this part of the code. So I'm not sure what more I can do

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                                The problem with the HSTouch integration is that it doesn't depend on me. The media API for HSTouch is not complete and buggy, so we need HST to work on it. I have sent them countless emails about it but most of the time I don't get any answers. I even offered to debug it myself for free if they could share this part of the code. So I'm not sure what more I can do
                                Got it. Gonna create a new thread to bug them and reply EVERY WEEK till we get some movement. My customer is asking me time and time again when he'll be able to utilize his Russound & his 200GB music library. It's kinda embarrassing to keep saying 'its not up to me, it's up to the developer'. He's almost to the point of scrapping his HS3 setup for RTI or Control4.

Comment

Working...
                                X