Using iTunes DAAP from HSTouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using iTunes DAAP from HSTouch

Is it possible to control the PI from HSTouch?

I do not seem to be able to get the HSTouch designer to connect with the iTunes plug in. When using the association dialog, and selecting Music, nothing but <leave default> appears in the drop down list.

Thanks for any advice.

The music/media API has not been implemented yet in HS3, I'm still waiting for HST on this.

With the current version of the plugin what you can do is:
    (a) use the iTunes DAAP devices to provide basic controls within HSTouch : Play, pause, volume, display what's currently playing, etc..
    (b) integrate the web player interface (http://<your_hs_ip>/itunesdaapplayer) as is, in HSTouch

Comment

Thanks for quick response...

Thank you for the fast response. I can use the technique you suggested (simply supplying the URL to a text box on the HSTouch screen.) This and using devices works for the moment, but it's pretty unattractive.

Do you anticipate a date when HS3 will have created the necessary API for you to implement the iTunes DAAP? The features of the PI are nice, but it is a little pointless to use them on the PC running iTunes or HS. It will be nice to run it from an iPad or similar.

Thank you.

Comment

Any update on when the integration with HStouch will be completed?

Comment

there has been recently a discussion between Rick from HST and the Media plugin developers about the media API, see here:
          http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=167257

from this discussion it seems that I can start implementing the Media API for my media plugins, but this won't work in HSTouch until it gets updated by HST.

So right now the current solutions still are:
          (a) use the iTunes DAAP devices to provide basic controls within HSTouch : Play, pause, volume, display what's currently playing, etc..
          (b) integrate the web player interface (http://<your_hs_ip>/itunesdaapplayer) as is, in HSTouch

If it can help, I could try to make the web player interface more user friendly for phones and tablets?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            For the dummies who are not familiar with this - can you provide more information on where we put this in HSTouch?

Originally posted by spud View Post
            if it can help, I could try to make the web player interface more user friendly for phones and tablets
            I am sure that many of us would like a more user friendly interface

Comment

Any update on Media API in HS Touch

Hi,

I'm brand new to homeseer and the forums. I'm currently in the middle of the 30 day trial of your iTunes DAAP plugin. It's pretty great by the way.

So I have 6 rooms in my house that are wired with speakers in the ceiling that I have been streaming music to via some air port express's and airplay. I've been doing that for maybe two years now and it's been great, I use the free apple remote (great mobile interface) on my phone to control the music from my media server and all has been well. However I'm really excited to use HS Touch and homeseer as a the mobile app to control my whole house with one app. I can do a lot right now with my apple remote app, harmony hub app, and constellation for XBMC. The problem is I want one app, not thirty different apps on my phone/tablet to control everything, I thought that's what I was getting with HS Touch.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, as they say, but I can't find any continued discussion on the state of this "media api" for HS Touch. All the forum posts I can find seem to end discussions back in May in regards to getting a good quality media selection interface into HS Touch. So I thought I'd post here and see if you know if there is any update on this. It's the number one reason right now that is holding me back from purchasing your plugin. No offense but the current iTunes web player in HS Touch just isn't really enough to make this plugin worth the purchase, and again I know it's on the HS Touch side not yours, but just wondering if you have any update.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by maui917 View Post
                Hi,

I'm brand new to homeseer and the forums. I'm currently in the middle of the 30 day trial of your iTunes DAAP plugin. It's pretty great by the way.

So I have 6 rooms in my house that are wired with speakers in the ceiling that I have been streaming music to via some air port express's and airplay. I've been doing that for maybe two years now and it's been great, I use the free apple remote (great mobile interface) on my phone to control the music from my media server and all has been well. However I'm really excited to use HS Touch and homeseer as a the mobile app to control my whole house with one app. I can do a lot right now with my apple remote app, harmony hub app, and constellation for XBMC. The problem is I want one app, not thirty different apps on my phone/tablet to control everything, I thought that's what I was getting with HS Touch.

I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir, as they say, but I can't find any continued discussion on the state of this "media api" for HS Touch. All the forum posts I can find seem to end discussions back in May in regards to getting a good quality media selection interface into HS Touch. So I thought I'd post here and see if you know if there is any update on this. It's the number one reason right now that is holding me back from purchasing your plugin. No offense but the current iTunes web player in HS Touch just isn't really enough to make this plugin worth the purchase, and again I know it's on the HS Touch side not yours, but just wondering if you have any update.

Thanks
                sorry, I don't have any update, I'm still waiting for an example of a working media plugin from HS guys, so that I can see how to properly implement the media selection part of the media API.

Comment

My trial version expired and I went ahead and purchased your add on. It does everything I need, I have set alarm clocks to play music and turn on lights in my kids bedrooms when its time to wake up. Your addon makes all of that possible and it's working great. Now all I need is a good way to select the music in HSTouch, via the mobile apps.

Right now I'm using your web interface in HSTouch for my iPad (you have a tutorial post on how to set that up) However that web based interface is not really mobile friendly.

Would it be possible to create a web interface that is more similar in layout and navigation to the apple mobile remote app?

Then we can use that solution in HS Touch until Homeseer gets their Media API working?

Comment

Would it be possible to create a web interface that is more similar in layout and navigation to the apple mobile remote app?
                    unfortunately it is not an easy task, and it is kind of a waste of time once the media API works with HSTouch (which is supposed to be imminent)
                    so I'm going to harass HS guys about that

Comment

Any news?

Spud, any news on the music API from the HS team? I think they released it and then pulled it due to some plug-in issues?

Comment

Originally posted by sdesbles View Post
                        Spud, any news on the music API from the HS team? I think they released it and then pulled it due to some plug-in issues?
                        I just asked Rich, and he says the media API has been re-enabled in HSTouch version 3.0.0.59 but needs to be debugged.

so, I'm going to try to implement it in the iTunes DAAP plugin soon, but without any working example it's not going to be a piece of cake.

Comment

Just thought I'd bump this thread again and see how the work is going on the HSTouch api.

Comment

Just thought I'd bump this thread again and see how the work is going on the HSTouch api.
                            making progress, I have implemented most of the Media API in the plugin, I can now browse artists/albums/genres/playlists from HSTouch but there are some bugs on HS side that prevent from actually selecting and playing an item and controlling the player. I have reported these bugs to Rich, so the ball is in his court!

Comment

It's been a little while, thought I'd bump this thread again and see if there is any progress that we could be updated on.

Comment

Working...
                              X