using itunes on HStouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

using itunes on HStouch

I just upgraded to HS3 and want to be able to control itunes via a touch screen.
    The music player doesn't appear to be on the default screen on the android touch client .

Is there any easy way to use the HStouch android to control music simply ?

I'm going to try to provide an example of how to integrate the iTunes DAAP web player in HSTouch this week, stay tuned!

Comment

sounds great..

Comment

using itunes on HStouch

I was just about to ask the same thing, good timing!! Thing is I'm on an iphone, I hope it works.
        Actually its only being able to select and play something from the iTunes library I need.
        Cheers
        J

Comment

so, here is a way to control iTunes from HSTouch:

using the latest HSTouch Designer, I have opened the template project named 1024x768-Both2-Zee.xml
          then I have replaced the Cameras menu with a Music menu which is linked to a new Music screen.
          On this music screen I have inserted a text element, and set the text attribute to the following url:
          Code:
          http://192.168.1.102:82/itunesdaapplayer?nohsheader=1&nohsfooter=1
          This is the url of the web player with some additional parameters to not display the HS header and footer.
          I also set the AllowNavigation and IsHTML attributes to True.

You will also need to install version 3.0.0.12 of the iTunes DAAP plugin available here

I have attached my HSTouch project to this post

Here is how the music screen shows on my iPad:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	hstouch.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	264.6 KB
ID:	1173839

It's fully functionnal, but I think it could be more user friendly and look better by implementing the top part of the screen as HSTouch native buttons mapped to the existing iTunes DAAP devices. I will try to do it when I get time, but if some of you want to give it a try you can hide the web player top part by adding the following parameter to the url noplayercontrol=1

Code:
          http://192.168.1.102:82/itunesdaapplayer?nohsheader=1&nohsfooter=1&noplayercontrol=1

Comment

using itunes on HStouch

Well that works!
            I need a bigger screen now - iPad.

I had already set a hstouch page with the buttons linked to the daap devices so the media selector has just slotted in.
            I know it's not your plugin but I wanted to do a similar thing with the DLNA manger plug. I take it ?nohsfooter etc are configured in your plugin?? I would like to hide the header and footer in the hs2 plugin page.
            I wish someone would do a DLNA plugin for HS3!!

Cheers Spud
            J
            Last edited by Skinnez; May 16, 2014, 03:00 AM.

Comment

yep, the nohsheader, nohsfooter, etc are parameters specific to my plugin

Comment

using itunes on HStouch

Ok no worries, any chance of controlling the default zoom? I have to zoom in every time on the iphone, if not it doesn't matter.
                Cheers
                J

Comment

What do you call the default zoom?
                  I'm going to try to make a version of the music browser that take less space for phones.

Comment

using itunes on HStouch

When I open the itunes hstouch page the text ends up in the top left of the window and is too small to read.
                    A music browser for phones will fix it.
                    I use the apple remote app also which works well with your plug, but would be nice to have all control in one place, but not essential.
                    Cheers
                    J

Comment

Beta version 3.0.0.12 of the iTunes DAAP plugin

I tried to install the Beta 3.0.0.12 and followed the install instructions but do not get this: "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" after the Listings update when I press the "Update Listing" button.

I wanted to see if the plugin would allow me to control iTunes from HSTouch.

Comment

Originally posted by hhiiffii View Post
                        I tried to install the Beta 3.0.0.12 and followed the install instructions but do not get this: "Additional interfaces > Test Plugin" after the Listings update when I press the "Update Listing" button.

I wanted to see if the plugin would allow me to control iTunes from HSTouch.
                        Have you copied the updater_override.txt file in your "HomeSeer HS3" directory?

Comment

Yes, I copied your "updater_override.txt" file to HS3 directory. I now have an "updater.txt" file and your "updater_override.txt" in that directory.

I just tried to Update Listings again and an error "An item in the Updater is temporarily unavailable due to: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized" came up. Could this be from your update?

I should have mentioned that I have not yet purchased the plugin as I wanted to make sure I could control the iTunes player from HSTouch using my own buttons first as mentioned in this post. Do you have to own the original plugin first in order to get the beta?

Comment

and you don't see this after clicking the "update listing" button?

Click image for larger version

Name:	updater.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	1174097

I just tested and it works for me

Comment

Originally posted by hhiiffii View Post
                              Yes, I copied your "updater_override.txt" file to HS3 directory. I now have an "updater.txt" file and your "updater_override.txt" in that directory.

I just tried to Update Listings again and an error "An item in the Updater is temporarily unavailable due to: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized" came up. Could this be from your update?

I should have mentioned that I have not yet purchased the plugin as I wanted to make sure I could control the iTunes player from HSTouch using my own buttons first as mentioned in this post. Do you have to own the original plugin first in order to get the beta?
                              looks like HS3 don't find or can't read your updater_override.txt, that's weird, it works fine for me.

anyway if you have already a previous version installed, you can just unzip the package and copy HSPI_ITUNES_DAAP.exe to your HS3 root folder, the other files have not changed for a long time.

You don't have to purchase the plugin to test a beta version.

Comment

Working...
                              X