Itunes Playing State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Itunes Playing State

I know we talked about this on the airplay speak forum and I have made progress. Created an event that pauses itunes if it is playing and call it conditionally from each event. It is a really useful function though the itunes DAAP has it the lag causes issues with Airplay speak. This probably should be in the other forum but ties into my next question.

So long as set up the events correctly and remember to write in the scripts the above does indeed work and I can get all of my announcements. I have successfully integrated whole house audio and announcements throughout the house (if only airbubble would be more stable on android..) and I think the last question is how to restart itunes after the speak event. Essentially pause itunes if it was playing prior to the speak event. I cant think of a way to make that work without using a secondary variable and then referencing back to it somehow.

Got any ideas? Essentially if Reginald could stop the music, say his piece, and continue to play it then there would really be nothing much else that I could see separates this from perfection.

in the iTunes DAAP Config page there is a setting to automatically pause the music when HS is speaking, have you tried it?

Comment

I did the performance was iffy with Airplayspeak. Would get clipped messages.

Comment

So the trial was up and I just purchased the DAAP plugin. Thank you for all of the hard work and I'm looking forward to seeing the next iteration. My biggest request would be to work out the kinks on pausing music on airplay speech, having music restart after paused if it was playing prior to speech (and given maybe a potential for a device status like night time, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by kideon View Post
          So the trial was up and I just purchased the DAAP plugin. Thank you for all of the hard work and I'm looking forward to seeing the next iteration.
          Thank you for purchasing

My biggest request would be to work out the kinks on pausing music on airplay speech, having music restart after paused if it was playing prior to speech
          This is exactly what is supposed to do the "pause the music when HS is speaking" feature, but we may need to add delays so that Airplay speak can take over the airplay speaker after iTunes is paused. I will test again.

Comment

How about the ability to resume playing?

Comment

How about the ability to resume playing?
              the "pause the music when HS is speaking" feature is supposed to resume the music when HS is done speaking

Comment

You're right it does. I never noticed that happen guess with the airplay receiver thing we talked about..If that could be fixed we would be home free. Maybe just adding in an adjustable delay for the pause and resume would be all that's needed.

Comment

Working...
                X