Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Add another server ip to ITunesDAAP ini

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Add another server ip to ITunesDAAP ini

    Hi Spud

    i am working with the forked-daapd on my rpi box and it works great .
    i would like to extend and add another instance to itunesdaap but could not find where to add the second server ip address .

    i did try to add to hs3 linux itunesdaap.ini another ip address like this but it didn't work only the first instance works.

    [DAAP_SERVER]
    host=192.168.2.125
    host=192.168.2.50
    port=3689

    please advise how to add the second server to work multizone.

    Thanks

    Tzach

  • #2
    Hi,

    To control a second instance of iTunes or forked-daapd, you need to create a second instance of the plugin. To do so, from the PLUG-INS > Manage page click the green '+' button on the iTunes DAAP line, then enter a name for this instance (like instance2 for example), then start it and configure it like you did for the first instance.

    The settings for this instance will be saved in iTunesDAAP_instance2.ini

    Out of curiosity, what version of forked-daapd are you running?

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Spud

      i am using forked-daap version 0.22 as the 0.19 was crashing all the time i could not use it at all.

      i downloaded the newer version from the repository and installed it manually using dpkg -i filename.

      Tzach

      Comment


      • #4
        which repository exactly? there are several fork of this project on github

        thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          I used this version forked-daapd_22.1.37.git6489d71-2_armhf.

          not sure of which repository i found it , i will search again and let you know.

          Thanks

          Tzach

          Comment


          • #6
            So I'm now playing around with forked-daapd as well, basically I want to have several instances of your plugin controlling a separate instance of a media library for each room that has airplay enabled speakers. So we can listen to different music from my media server in each room.

            I've set up some ubuntu vm's and got forked-daapd installed on them.

            I'm running this version:
            https://github.com/ejurgensen/forked-daapd

            I installed following the ubuntu install instructions here:
            https://github.com/ejurgensen/forked...master/INSTALL

            Anyway this is my first time fooling around with Linux, but I have forked-daapd running, it is showing up as a shared library in iTunes on my other computers. I can play the music successfully from the forked-daapd library on my other two computers using iTunes. I can airplay through iTunes from that library to my room speakers.

            I then went to set up the new instance of the iTunes DAAP plugin, I was able to connect from your plugin to the forked-daap library. I can see all the songs listed in the player page. However I can not get it to successfully play a song. I click on the song and nothing ever plays.

            Click image for larger version

Name:	forked-daapd-library.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1179534

            Any ideas? I'm getting excited though, cause this is really getting close to what I need to use airplay for true multizone audio through the whole house.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by maui917 View Post
              So I'm now playing around with forked-daapd as well, basically I want to have several instances of your plugin controlling a separate instance of a media library for each room that has airplay enabled speakers. So we can listen to different music from my media server in each room.

              I've set up some ubuntu vm's and got forked-daapd installed on them.

              I'm running this version:
              https://github.com/ejurgensen/forked-daapd

              I installed following the ubuntu install instructions here:
              https://github.com/ejurgensen/forked...master/INSTALL

              Anyway this is my first time fooling around with Linux, but I have forked-daapd running, it is showing up as a shared library in iTunes on my other computers. I can play the music successfully from the forked-daapd library on my other two computers using iTunes. I can airplay through iTunes from that library to my room speakers.

              I then went to set up the new instance of the iTunes DAAP plugin, I was able to connect from your plugin to the forked-daap library. I can see all the songs listed in the player page. However I can not get it to successfully play a song. I click on the song and nothing ever plays.

              [ATTACH]47559[/ATTACH]

              Any ideas? I'm getting excited though, cause this is really getting close to what I need to use airplay for true multizone audio through the whole house.
              Could you try to set the log level to debug in forked-daapd, and post the logs you get when trying to play something.
              Did you try to use Remote from an iOS device, and if so did you get the same problem?

              Comment


              • #8
                I haven't been able to get the remote on iOS to connect to the new library yet. Although I only tried once, so I'll try that again.


                Here is the log results from trying to play a song from the iTunes DAAP plugin:

                [2015-07-20 11:20:53] [DEBUG] daap: DAAP request: /databases/1/groups?session-id=338603959&meta=dmap.itemname,dmap.itemid,dmap.persistenti d,daap.songartist&type=music&group-type=albums&sort=artist&include-sort-headers=1&query='daap.songartist:Adele'
                [2015-07-20 11:20:53] [ INFO] cache: Cache hit: /databases/1/groups?meta=dmap.itemname,dmap.itemid,dmap.persistentid,daap .songartist&type=music&group-type=albums&sort=artist&include-sort-headers=1&query='daap.songartist:Adele'
                [2015-07-20 11:20:57] [DEBUG] daap: DAAP request: /databases/1/containers/1/items?session-id=338603959&meta=dmap.itemname,dmap.itemid,dmap.persistenti d,daap.songartist,daap.songalbum,daap.songgenre,daap.songtim e,daap.songuserrating,daap.songtracknumber&type=music&sort=a lbum&query='daap.songalbumid:5029600385164480284'
                [2015-07-20 11:20:57] [ INFO] cache: Cache hit: /databases/1/containers/1/items?meta=dmap.itemname,dmap.itemid,dmap.persistentid,daap. songartist,daap.songalbum,daap.songgenre,daap.songtime,daap. songuserrating,daap.songtracknumber&type=music&sort=album&qu ery='daap.songalbumid:5029600385164480284'
                [2015-07-20 11:21:00] [DEBUG] dacp: DACP request: /ctrl-int/1/cue?session-id=338603959&command=clear
                [2015-07-20 11:21:00] [DEBUG] dacp: DACP request: /ctrl-int/1/cue?session-id=338603959&command=play&query='daap.songalbumid:0x45CCBAE6 FFE58F1C'&index=3&sort=album
                [2015-07-20 11:21:00] [DEBUG] daap: Trying DAAP query -'daap.songalbumid:0x45CCBAE6FFE58F1C'-
                [2015-07-20 11:21:00] [DEBUG] daap: DAAP SQL query: -(f.songalbumid = 0)-
                [2015-07-20 11:21:00] [DEBUG] db: Running query 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM files f WHERE f.disabled = 0 AND (f.songalbumid = 0);'
                [2015-07-20 11:21:00] [DEBUG] db: Starting query 'SELECT f.* FROM files f WHERE f.disabled = 0 AND (f.songalbumid = 0) LIMIT 1;'
                [2015-07-20 11:21:00] [DEBUG] db: End of query results
                [2015-07-20 11:21:00] [ LOG] player: No song matches query (results 0): (f.songalbumid = 0)
                [2015-07-20 11:21:00] [ LOG] dacp: Could not build song queue
                [2015-07-20 11:21:01] [DEBUG] dacp: DACP request: /ctrl-int/1/cue?session-id=338603959&command=clear
                [2015-07-20 11:21:01] [DEBUG] dacp: DACP request: /ctrl-int/1/cue?session-id=338603959&command=play&query='daap.songalbumid:0x45CCBAE6 FFE58F1C'&index=3&sort=album
                [2015-07-20 11:21:01] [DEBUG] daap: Trying DAAP query -'daap.songalbumid:0x45CCBAE6FFE58F1C'-
                [2015-07-20 11:21:01] [DEBUG] daap: DAAP SQL query: -(f.songalbumid = 0)-
                [2015-07-20 11:21:01] [DEBUG] db: Running query 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM files f WHERE f.disabled = 0 AND (f.songalbumid = 0);'
                [2015-07-20 11:21:01] [DEBUG] db: Starting query 'SELECT f.* FROM files f WHERE f.disabled = 0 AND (f.songalbumid = 0) LIMIT 1;'
                [2015-07-20 11:21:01] [DEBUG] db: End of query results
                [2015-07-20 11:21:01] [ LOG] player: No song matches query (results 0): (f.songalbumid = 0)
                [2015-07-20 11:21:01] [ LOG] dacp: Could not build song queue
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] dacp: DACP request: /ctrl-int/1/cue?session-id=338603959&command=clear
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] dacp: DACP request: /ctrl-int/1/cue?session-id=338603959&command=play&query='daap.songalbumid:0x45CCBAE6 FFE58F1C'&index=4&sort=album
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] daap: Trying DAAP query -'daap.songalbumid:0x45CCBAE6FFE58F1C'-
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] daap: DAAP SQL query: -(f.songalbumid = 0)-
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] db: Running query 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM files f WHERE f.disabled = 0 AND (f.songalbumid = 0);'
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] db: Starting query 'SELECT f.* FROM files f WHERE f.disabled = 0 AND (f.songalbumid = 0) LIMIT 1;'
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] db: End of query results
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [ LOG] player: No song matches query (results 0): (f.songalbumid = 0)
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [ LOG] dacp: Could not build song queue
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] dacp: DACP request: /ctrl-int/1/cue?session-id=338603959&command=clear
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] dacp: DACP request: /ctrl-int/1/cue?session-id=338603959&command=play&query='daap.songalbumid:0x45CCBAE6 FFE58F1C'&index=4&sort=album
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] daap: Trying DAAP query -'daap.songalbumid:0x45CCBAE6FFE58F1C'-
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] daap: DAAP SQL query: -(f.songalbumid = 0)-
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] db: Running query 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM files f WHERE f.disabled = 0 AND (f.songalbumid = 0);'
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] db: Starting query 'SELECT f.* FROM files f WHERE f.disabled = 0 AND (f.songalbumid = 0) LIMIT 1;'
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [DEBUG] db: End of query results
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [ LOG] player: No song matches query (results 0): (f.songalbumid = 0)
                [2015-07-20 11:21:07] [ LOG] dacp: Could not build song queue

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just an update after a few tries I was able to pair my iOS (iPhone) remote, to the forked-daapd server and play songs through to my various rooms airplay speakers.

                  So it is working through the iOS remote as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    please test version 3.0.0.23 attached. It fixes the problem you reported.

                    if you find other issues with forked-daapd please test first with iOS Remote to check if the problem is specific to the iTunesDAAP plugin

                    thanks
                    Attached Files

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Tested with the new 3.0.0.23 version of the plugin you provided here and it is working great!!!

                      Thanks!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Hi Spud,

                        I finally bit the bullet and purchased a Raspberry Pi 2 to use as a server. I installed the latest build of Jessie and forked-daapd Version 23.3.45 that was just released last week. I am not knowledgeable at all on the Pi but following the instructions got it working with one instance. I am having two issues, as far as I can tell, one is with the HS3 Plugin and the other is with the forked-daapd installation. I don't know enough to know which software or config these issues are specifically derived from in each case. For reference, I am using iTunesDAAP Version 3.0.0.24.

                        HS3 Plug-In Issues?

                        1) Adding the 2nd Instance (Named Aubrie), doesn't create the 2nd iTunesDAAP_Aubrie.ini instance as I though you stated it would. I created it manually but the 2nd instance doesn't appear to be associated with the .ini or creating any additional instance of one.

                        2) The Plug-In is adding my AirPlay Devices properly and sending audio to them however when I control the volume on a second Airplay Device using the Device List screen, the slider toggle moves on the devices I am not manipulating. For instance AirPlay Speaker 1 is at 82% and AirPlay Speaker 2 is at 50, sliding AirPlay 1 to 50% will often change the volume of Airplay Speaker to to 42% or another number. It seems to be a GUI thing. The "+" and "-" buttons do not seem to be affected.



                        forked-daapd issues.....

                        1) Anyone know how to setup multiple instances of the forked-daapd application on the server side? I would like to have 4 independently controlled sources and with my limited experience with Pi and the software, I have no clue. I intend to write the current author but my registration has yet to be approved so I cannot comment.

                        Thanks for any assistance as always,

                        -Travis

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                          1) Adding the 2nd Instance (Named Aubrie), doesn't create the 2nd iTunesDAAP_Aubrie.ini instance as I though you stated it would. I created it manually but the 2nd instance doesn't appear to be associated with the .ini or creating any additional instance of one.
                          iTunesDAAP_Aubrie.ini is supposed to be created only when you change something from the config page for this instance. For example try to change the log level, and check if the ini file is correctly updated/created. I just tested and it works for me.

                          Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                          2) The Plug-In is adding my AirPlay Devices properly and sending audio to them however when I control the volume on a second Airplay Device using the Device List screen, the slider toggle moves on the devices I am not manipulating. For instance AirPlay Speaker 1 is at 82% and AirPlay Speaker 2 is at 50, sliding AirPlay 1 to 50% will often change the volume of Airplay Speaker to to 42% or another number. It seems to be a GUI thing. The "+" and "-" buttons do not seem to be affected.
                          I will try to have a look. Does the master volume changes when you change the volume of one airplay speaker?


                          Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                          forked-daapd issues.....

                          1) Anyone know how to setup multiple instances of the forked-daapd application on the server side? I would like to have 4 independently controlled sources and with my limited experience with Pi and the software, I have no clue. I intend to write the current author but my registration has yet to be approved so I cannot comment.
                          A long time ago I tried it, unfortunately it is not a native feature of forked-daapd I had to start 2 instances of the server and make sure they ran on different ports. I don't remember exactly, you may have to change some other things to make it work, but it's possible see this post and screenshots:

                          http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...65&postcount=3

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X