Track ID changes in events after restart win 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Track ID changes in events after restart win 8.1

Hi, I'am testing ITunes DAAP in HS3Pro. It works great and so far by far the best iTunes plugin I could find. But... there is an issue with it, at least for me. When the pc is restarted the track ID in a event changes. In my case I use events to play radio stations that are listed in a playlist, in my case called radio. In there, there are about 20 favourite stations.

When I set an event to play a specific radio station, everything works fine. But after a restart of my windows system the track ID is changed and the same event is playing an other radio station. A restart of only iTunes does not matter. Then everything stays ok. I have this with all my events, in my case about 10. So every event changes the tack ID.

Does someone recognize this issue? And is there a solution?

I have two weeks to decide if I buy the plugin, before my trial period ends. And it is quite expensive so a solutions is very welcome.

I use win 8.1 fully updated and the latest iTunes.

many thanks in advance!

I'm going to try to replicate and fix this problem, just to be sure the action you are using in your events is "Play Playlist", right?

Comment

I have just fixed this problem in version 3.0.0.14 available here
      You will have to edit all your "Play Playlist" actions with this new version and reselect the track.

Comment

Hi spud,

That did the job. So many thanks! I will buy the plugin it works great :-)

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          I have just fixed this problem in version 3.0.0.14 available here
          You will have to edit all your "Play Playlist" actions with this new version and reselect the track.
          Hi Spud,

I've bought your plugin and use it also for streaming radio but,
          I have similar issue with the stream ID when using a Play Radio event after a restart of the system, do you recognize this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by bako70 View Post
            Hi Spud,

I have similar issue with the stream ID when using a Play Radio event after a restart of the system, do you recognize this issue?
            you're right, I will fix this in the next version
            thank you for reporting it

Comment

Hi Spud,

Fixed in version 3.0.0.18 available here
              Please test and let me know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                Fixed in version 3.0.0.18 available here
                Please test and let me know how it goes.
                Hi Spud,

Tested 3.0.0.18: Yes it looks like you fixed it! Restarted my Windows 2008 Server and the stream id was recognized from my playlist event.

Thank you!

Bart

Comment

2 issue testing 3.0.0.18

Hi Spud,

I did some additional testing on 3.0.0.18

1. For some reason I am unable to select a specific stream. I rolled back to 3.0.0.14 and I have no issue selecting this stream. When selecting this specific stream in 3.0.0.18 the first stream of the genre is selected. (other streams are able to select)

2. When running a manual event on the iTunes DAAP Action sometimes a random stream is selected and played.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi Spud,

I did some additional testing on 3.0.0.18

1. For some reason I am unable to select a specific stream. I rolled back to 3.0.0.14 and I have no issue selecting this stream. When selecting this specific stream in 3.0.0.18 the first stream of the genre is selected. (other streams are able to select)

2. When running a manual event on the iTunes DAAP Action sometimes a random stream is selected and played.
                    Please install and test version 3.0.0.19, it should be better.
                    Thank you!

Comment

Yep, it works now!

Comment

Working...
                      X