iTunesDAAP plugin error connecting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iTunesDAAP plugin error connecting

Hi Spud, I bought the iTunes plugin (3.0.0.14) some weeks ago. At that time it worked great. Now I get at random (at least for me) errors like you can see below. iTunes does not work in HS at that time but with my remote app (iPhone) I can control iTunes. So iTunes seems not the problem. Restarting iTunes does the job most of the times. At least one time I had to restart also Homeseer. But as said, it is not always not working. Most of the times it works ok.

I don't know why. Maybe it has something to do with the HSiTunes plugin I also installed. I need this plugin to communicate with HSTouch. This plugin needs Homeseer starting without iTunes already started. iTunesDAAP on the contrary likes iTunes already be started at startup Homeseer. Also restarting iTunes makes that HSiTunes plugin is not working anymore. I then have to restart Homeseer + iTunes. iTunesDAAP is much more flexible.

Do you know how to prevent those errors?

Maybe the best way is that I don't have to use HSiTunes anymore. Is there a way that iTunesDAAP also communicates with HSTouch so that I don't need HSiTunes?

Like to hear from you.

Many thanks in advance!

The errors I see in the logfile are:

13-2-2015 08:28:24~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Audio Station Radio 1 aan vrije dag keuken ON"
    13-2-2015 08:28:24~!~Device Control~!~Device: 2 Keuken Versterker keuken to On (100)
    13-2-2015 08:28:24~!~Event~!~Event Trigger "Audio Set volume 3 zachter"
    13-2-2015 08:28:24~!~Device Control~!~Device: Variabele V62 (Waarde = volume music) to Value30 (30)
    13-2-2015 08:28:24~!~Device Control~!~Device: iTunes DAAP Deze computer to Volume=30% (30)
    13-2-2015 08:28:24~!~Device Control~!~Device: iTunes DAAP Woonkamer Apple TV to Volume=40% (40)
    13-2-2015 08:28:24~!~Device Control~!~Device: Variabele V61 (ON = Play music) to On (100)
    13-2-2015 08:28:24~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.
    13-2-2015 08:28:24~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR SliderChange: cannot find speaker device 0
    13-2-2015 08:28:24~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR SliderChange: cannot find speaker device 28CFDA1E163B

12-2-2015 18:27:12~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR Exception in update thread, try#0: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
    12-2-2015 18:27:12~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR Exception in play status update thread, try#0: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive.
    12-2-2015 18:27:12~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR Cannot get speakers. The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
    12-2-2015 18:27:13~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR SliderChange: cannot find speaker device 0
    12-2-2015 18:27:15~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR Cannot get speakers. Unable to connect to the remote server
    12-2-2015 18:27:15~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR SliderChange: cannot find speaker device 28CFDA1E163B
    12-2-2015 18:27:15~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR Exception in update thread, try#2: Unable to connect to the remote server
    12-2-2015 18:27:15~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR Exception in play status update thread, try#2: Unable to connect to the remote server
    12-2-2015 18:27:16~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR Unable to connect to the remote server
    12-2-2015 18:27:17~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR Exception in play status update thread, try#4: Unable to connect to the remote server
    12-2-2015 18:27:17~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR Exception in update thread, try#5: Unable to connect to the remote server
    12-2-2015 18:27:18~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR Cannot get speakers. Unable to connect to the remote server
    12-2-2015 18:27:18~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR SliderChange: cannot find speaker device 0
    12-2-2015 18:27:18~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR SliderChange: cannot find speaker device 28CFDA1E163B
    12-2-2015 18:27:18~!~iTunesDAAP~!~INFO Status update Thread Killed!
    12-2-2015 18:27:19~!~iTunesDAAP~!~INFO Update Thread Killed!
    12-2-2015 18:27:19~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR SliderChange: cannot find speaker device 0
    12-2-2015 18:27:19~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR SliderChange: cannot find speaker device 28CFDA1E163B
    12-2-2015 18:27:19~!~iTunesDAAP~!~ERROR SliderChange: cannot find speaker device 0
    Last edited by Ralfmen; February 13, 2015, 04:25 AM.

what do you do with the HSiTunes plugin that you can't do with iTunes DAAP ?
    You know you can use the iTunes DAAP devices within HSTouch to control the player, right?

I'm currently playing with HSiTunes and HSTouch, to see how to implement the media API into iTunes DAAP, but so far most of the things I tested didn't work with HSiTunes.

Comment

Good to know that it can connect with HSTouch. I can not find a way to get iTunesDAAP to work with HSTouch. I can run events in HS with iTunesDAAP. But the Basic Music Player in HSTouch has only two options to connect to. HSiTunes and "leave default". When I choose leave default it takes HSiTunes. When I don't enable HSiTunes, the Basic Music Player does not work. By the way also with HSiTunes it works very poor. But the artist, track and album at least are shown. It would be better when the player also would work.

How do I get for example the track, artist and album showed in the Basic Music Player with iTunesDAAP?

And the full player to work with iTunesDAAP?

Thanks!

Comment

right now to make iTunes DAAP work with HSTouch, you have to create your own buttons in the designer, etc..., you can't use the "Basic Music Player". That's what I'm currently working on.

What template do you use in HSTouch, what does your "Basic Music Player" look like?

Comment

I use the Basic Music Player which comes with HSTouch under the default skin tab music. This is the only one I can find. Are there also other Music Players available in HSTouch?

I use buttons in HSTouch to set iTunesDAAP and that works fine. But I also want to see what is playing and that is what I use the Basic Music Player for. I also use the remoteapp on my iPhone, so the music chosen there is also showed in the Basic Music Player.

And I like to use the Basic Music Player to set the music (albums, playlists, etc) that are not "under buttons" but that does not work ok in HSiTunes either, so that still is a wish.

Hope you get the job done, so that I can use iTunesDAAP as mentioned. Would be great!
          Last edited by Ralfmen; February 14, 2015, 04:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralfmen View Post
            I use the Basic Music Player which comes with HSTouch under the default skin tab music. This is the only one I can find. Are there also other Music Players available in HSTouch?
            ok, I was just asking to know if missed something, I'm kind of a beginner with HSTouchDesigner

I use buttons in HSTouch to set iTunesDAAP and that works fine. But I also want to see what is playing and that is what I use the Basic Music Player for. I also use the remoteapp on my iPhone, so the music chosen there is also showed in the Basic Music Player.
            You can already see what is playing (artist, album, genre, cover, etc...) using iTunesDAAP devices. Insert a text element then associate the iTunesDAAP device in the StatusTrackingNormal field as shown in the screenshot below. (For the cover I used an image element)

Click image for larger version

Name:	hstouch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.6 KB
ID:	1176359

FYI, I found an issue with the HSiTunes plugin which is modifying devices from other plugins which can mess things up.
            http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2606
            so if I were you I would avoid to use both HSiTunes and iTunesDAAP plugins.

Comment

Hi Spud, thx for your answer. That helped me! I tried as you said and it works ok. So a good advice!

The only thing is, that its only tracks the albums, tracks, etc which are played within iTunesDAAP. When I use the remote app (iPhone) then it does not change the text to the actual album, track, etc. Understandable but it would be great if iTunesDAAP could track iTunes as the HSiTunes plugin does. So not tracking a device but tracking iTunes.

The issue you refer to, does not seem the problem for me. Most of the time both plugins works together but not always. Especially the startup routine is important. When I restart the PC completely and HS3Pro is started up completely the iTunesDAAP does not work. However HSiTunes does (but I only use this for tracking album, track, etc and the player, not the audio events I have created, those work only with iTunesDAAP). Then I have to restart iTunes (HSiTunes does start iTunes automatically when HS starts) and from that time the HSiTunes plugin does not work anymore. Then I have to restart HS and iTunes and from that moment both plugins are working. At least most of the time. At random (so seems) the iTunesDAAP plugin gets messed up and does not work anymore. A restart of HS and iTunes does the job and then it works again for some time. So not the way you want HS to work.

Would really be great when you get iTunesDAAP gets tracking iTunes and the player from HSTouch would work also, so that HSiTunes plugin is not needed anymore. Is that possible?

Many thanks in advance!

Comment

The only thing is, that its only tracks the albums, tracks, etc which are played within iTunesDAAP. When I use the remote app (iPhone) then it does not change the text to the actual album, track, etc. Understandable but it would be great if iTunesDAAP could track iTunes as the HSiTunes plugin does. So not tracking a device but tracking iTunes.
                it is supposed to already track iTunes, and it works for me.
                when you use the remote app to play a new song, don't you see the artist/album/genre devices updated in the device management page?

Comment

You are right! :-) I missed that. I only checked in HSTouch and forgot that that is not updating automatically. So it is working as it should!

Any chance that a player in HSTouch is also possible (in the near future)?

Many thanks!

Comment

actually I think HSTouch is supposed to refresh automatically, and it more or less work for me on my Android phone. If I open HSTouch on my phone and then change the music from itunes or Remote from another phone or computer, the info are automatically updated in HSTouch, but if I switch to another app and then come back to HSTouch it doesn't refresh anymore and I have to restart HSTouch for this to work again. So it looks like a HSTouch bug to me.

Anyway, yes I will implement the media API in a near future for this plugin.

Comment

Hi Spud, thanks for all your advise. It worked out. Now I use only iTunesDAAp and everything works as it should. For me the most important issue was to see what is playing in HSTouch. And of course to create events with iTunes but that already worked great for me!

So it is obvious that HSiTunes and iTunesDAAP don't like each other. For me it is clear that iTunesDAAP does the job much better. :-)So a great plugin!

Looking forward for the player to be added in HSTouch with iTunesDAAP..

gr Ralf

Comment

Working...
                      X