Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unable to Connect to iTunes with Zee S2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unable to Connect to iTunes with Zee S2

    I believe I have followed all of the installations instructions for Linux, including installing installing avahi and disabling firewalls. I already have a number of DAAP remotes connected to my iTunes instance.

    I have also tried changing the pairing_service_port to different values.

    The first time I try to connect with iTunesDAAP, I get the following error messages in the log:

    Dec-05 8:33:02 AM iTunesDAAP DEBUG at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.AvahiDBus.RegisterService.RegisterDB us () <0x71d35360 + 0x002a3> in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.AvahiDBus.RegisterService.Register () <0x71d350f8 + 0x00017> in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.RegisterService.Register () <0x71d350c0 + 0x0002b> in :0 at HSPI_ITUNES_DAAP.PairingServer.PublishService () <0x71d34000 + 0x0024b> in :0 at HSPI_ITUNES_DAAP.PairingServer.Start () <0x71d51780 + 0x0012b> in :0 at HSPI_ITUNES_DAAP.WebConfig.postBackProc (System.String page, System.String data, System.String user, System.Int32 userRights) <0x71d4fb30 + 0x00263> in :0

    Dec-05 8:33:02 AM iTunesDAAP ERROR Object synchronization method was called from an unsynchronized block of code.

    The second and every subsequent time I try to connect I get the following:


    Dec-05 8:33:18 AM iTunesDAAP DEBUG at System.Net.EndPointListener.AddSpecial (System.Collections.ArrayList coll, System.Net.ListenerPrefix prefix) <0x71d639d0 + 0x000e0> in :0 at System.Net.EndPointListener.AddPrefix (System.Net.ListenerPrefix prefix, System.Net.HttpListener listener) <0x71d634d0 + 0x000e7> in :0 at System.Net.EndPointManager.AddPrefixInternal (System.String p, System.Net.HttpListener listener) <0x71d52a80 + 0x000c3> in :0 at System.Net.EndPointManager.AddListener (System.Net.HttpListener listener) <0x71d523d0 + 0x000f3> in :0

    Dec-05 8:33:18 AM iTunesDAAP ERROR Prefix already in use.

  • #2
    last time I tested this plugin on my Zee S2 it was working. I don't think I ever saw this "Object synchronization"error. I will have to test it again.

    what version of mono do you have?

    did you try to disable and enable the plugin again and retry the pairing?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by spud View Post
      last time I tested this plugin on my Zee S2 it was working. I don't think I ever saw this "Object synchronization"error. I will have to test it again.

      what version of mono do you have?

      did you try to disable and enable the plugin again and retry the pairing?
      Mono JIT compiler version 4.5.1 (master/9db20c4 Fri May 13 15:41:42 EDT 2016)

      Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2V2 4.1.19-v7

      Yes, I have disabled, enabled, uninstalled, reinstalled the plugin.

      Mark

      Comment


      • #4
        Bump.

        Comment


        • #5
          I just tested this again on my Zee 2 which has Mono version 4.2.3 installed, and it worked well.

          Could you check that avahi is running
          Code:
          ps -aux | grep avahi
          also maybe you have a conflicting version of Mono.Zeroconf.dll or Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.AvahiDBus.dll installed in your HomeSeer folder?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by spud View Post
            I just tested this again on my Zee 2 which has Mono version 4.2.3 installed, and it worked well.

            Could you check that avahi is running
            Code:
            ps -aux | grep avahi
            also maybe you have a conflicting version of Mono.Zeroconf.dll or Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.AvahiDBus.dll installed in your HomeSeer folder?
            ps -aux | grep avahi
            avahi 396 0.0 0.2 4008 2552 ? Ss 18:01 0:01 avahi-daemon: running [HomeTrollerZeeS2V2.local]
            avahi 419 0.0 0.0 3876 240 ? S 18:01 0:00 avahi-daemon: c hroot helper
            homeseer 2303 0.0 0.2 4284 2012 pts/0 S+ 19:11 0:00 grep --color=auto avahi


            I have two versions of Mono.Zeroconf.dll: one in /HomeSeer/bin/iTunesDAAP and one in /HomeSeer/Updates3/iTunesDAAP3.0.0.27

            Same for Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.AvahiDBus.dll

            I deleted the dll's in the Updates3 folder but it made no difference - for reference they appeared to be exactly the same file.

            Comment


            • #7
              [For the record, was unable to get this working]

              Comment


              • #8
                This has been fixed in version 3.0.0.29 available here

                I tested it successfully with the latest ZeeS2V2 version

                Sorry for the delay.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Gave up long ago.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X