Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-In Not Displaying when Enabled

Hi,

I had a power outage a few days ago and since then Kodi does not display in my plug-in list. I have the following message displayed in the plug-in status in the Plug-in Manager when the plug-in is enable:

WARNING: Failed getting interface status from Kodi- the interface was not found in the list of active interface, the list may need to be refreshed

I've tried numerous times disabling and enabling the the power and power cycling the controller

I get the following error message in the log file:

Mar-22 11:11:13 PM Error Initializing plug-in(1): Kodi Instance::System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Kodi.KodiPlayerDiscoverer.Start () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Kodi.KodiApp.Init () [0x00000] in :0
    Mar-22 11:11:13 PM Kodi ERROR System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () [0x00000] in :0 at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Kodi.KodiPlayerDiscoverer.Start () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Kodi.KodiApp.Init () [0x00000] in :0

have you come across this before?

if HS3 run on Linux, this error means the avahi daemon is not installed or running.

from a ssh console:
    to install it:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install avahi-daemon
    to make sure it is running

Code:
    ps -aux | grep avahi

Comment

Bingo!

Thank you

Comment

So I don't got it after all... A similar thing is happening, but this time the error is this:

Mar-23 1:29:44 PM Error Initializing plug-in(2): Kodi Instance::Object reference not set to an instance of an objectSTACK: at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Object:__icall_wrapper_mono_remoting_wrapper (intptr,intptr) at (wrapper remoting-invoke) HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI:InitIO (string) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces () [0x00098] in :0

My Mono Version 4.8.0 I recall having to update this from a previous tread. it was working fine up until the power outage with this version.

I notice there's a new version of Kodi in the Beta section. I updated to that version as well and same results.

Comment

can you set the log level to Debug, stop HS3 completely, make sure there is no more HSPI_Kodi.exe process running, then restart.

Comment

I can't. Kodi doesn't show up in the plug-in list even though it is enabled in the manager. I've restarted HS3 several time...

Comment

No sure if this helps:

Current Date/Time: 3/23/2017 2:18:21 PM
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.313
              Linux version: Linux hometrollerSEL 3.16.0-031600-generic #201408031935 SMP Sun Aug 3 23:56:17 UTC 2014 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 36 Minutes 23 Seconds
              IP Address: 192.168.0.10
              Number of Devices: 175
              Number of Events: 1
              Available Threads: 194

Enabled Plug-Ins
              3.6.0.0: BOSESoundTouch
              5.0.0.58: Global Cache Pro
              1.0.0.9: HSInsteon
              3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
              3.0.1.3: Kodi
              3.0.0.63: weatherXML
              3.0.1.87: Z-Wave

Comment

stop the Kodi plug-in then try to reboot the SEL completely, then reinstall the Kodi plug-in.

you can also try to set the log level to Debug by editing the file /usr/local/HomeSeer/Config/Kodi.ini and adding (or modifying) the following lines:

Code:
                [GENERAL]
                log_level=Debug

Comment

I did as mentioned above and all I get in the log file is the same error. This is after a I disable the plug-in, reboot the system and enable the plug-in again

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	1190313

Comment

did you manage to edit the ini file to set the log level to Debug? If so, is there more information in the logs?

do you want me to have a look directly at your system? If so you can reach me at spud.webb.4@gmail.com

thanks

Comment

For the record, this problem was due to an incompatibility between Mono 4.8.0 and the Avahi zeroconf lib used by this plug-in on Linux to discover Kodi players. The workaround is to use a different avahi lib.
                      If you have the same problem and run mono 4.8.0 or later please contact me or post in this thread. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X