Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nvidia disconnect and does not reconnect

Hi Spud,
    My NVIDIA Kodi disconnects and does not reconnect, in order to reconnect I need to go to the devices and click on connect. What can I do to fix it? During the disconnect I was able to go to my desktop web browser like http://192.168.0.53:8053/#addons/all and see that Kodi is up and running.

Thanks,
    Aldo

Spud, any suggestions in regard of checking when the Nvidia disconnect, I know your program knows it has been disconnected.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Could you capture and post a debug logs of what's happening?
      If the plug-in disconnects it means it receives a zeroconf notification saying that the Kodi instance is no longer available.

Comment

Hi Spud,
        Please see attached file. rename it to rar to unzip it.
        Edit: you may see the message no connection could be made .... at that point, I'm not in Kodi but in the droid tv side of things. When I get into Kodi then by using "Connect" I can connect fine. it will not reconnect by itself. I guess you have a set someplace that has a number of retry before it abort.

Thanks,
        Aldo
        Attached Files
        Last edited by alphatech; May 29, 2017, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Hi Spud,

Is there any update to this? I have the Nvidia Shield and have the same problem with the connection too. Do you need a debug log?

I think it keeps trying to connect to the shield because lan connection is always on.

Comment

Spud,
            Any updates on this issue? I would love to have your plugin be able to control Nvidia. I will be happy to provide any info you need.

Thanks,
            Aldo

Comment

I just discovered this PI, and I wanted to install it to control my Kodi running on a Nvidia Shield. Looking at this, it seems to be possible but still a few issues ?
              How did you install the bonjour (zeroconf) on the shield ?

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
                I just discovered this PI, and I wanted to install it to control my Kodi running on a Nvidia Shield. Looking at this, it seems to be possible but still a few issues ?
                How did you install the bonjour (zeroconf) on the shield ?
                I don't think you need to install bonjour on the shield. Have you tested the plugin?

Comment

I have installed it, but had a few errors when starting up. Did a bit of research and it is the bonjour or zeroconf not being configured. But my shield wasnt running. I thought I'll try over the weekend. I think in the Kodi advanced settinggs is something I need to enable, I'll have a look and give it a try.

Comment

For the shield setup, bonjour needs to be installed on Windows, and Kodi needs to be configured like in the directions. Once both are done, it will work. I just did the setup for 2 shields and a win7 hs3pro setup.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Comment

I got it all working. Now I have a few questions. I wanted to control my lighting linked to play/pause/stop. I had a look this does not work as a trigger. What I can do instead is link it to the play button, so if that is pressed it triggers a light setting. What if I use the shield remote to press play/stop, will that reflect in the PI, so would that also trigger the button as if I pressed it in the PI ? The 'issue' I have is trying to keep track of the state of the Kodi, so if its in play or pause as that should trigger different light settings. If I control all via the PI device its not a problem. But as I need to use the shield remote to load Kodi etc I might aslso use the shield remote which then makes the Pi 'out of sync' with the PI device if that does not reflect the button press on the remote.
                      Next question. What does the device connect/disconnect do, or the connect/disconnect trigger ?

Comment

I got it all working. Now I have a few questions. I wanted to control my lighting linked to play/pause/stop. I had a look this does not work as a trigger. What I can do instead is link it to the play button, so if that is pressed it triggers a light setting. What if I use the shield remote to press play/stop, will that reflect in the PI, so would that also trigger the button as if I pressed it in the PI ? The 'issue' I have is trying to keep track of the state of the Kodi, so if its in play or pause as that should trigger different light settings. If I control all via the PI device its not a problem. But as I need to use the shield remote to load Kodi etc I might aslso use the shield remote which then makes the Pi 'out of sync' with the PI device if that does not reflect the button press on the remote.
                        Next question. What does the device connect/disconnect do, or the connect/disconnect trigger ?
                        The plugin keeps track of the the Kodi player, no matter how it is controlled (remote, HS3, etc...) So the status device is always in sync with Kodi and reflect its current status: Stopped/Playing/PAused

Comment

Ok thats great. Can I somehow autostart Kodi (SBMC) on the shield ? I know thats nothing to do with the PI, more a question to the other shield users. Reason I am asking is I control all my AV stuff through iRule, and I cannot control the shield via iRule. But I can run HS3 commands through iRule. I used to use the Harmony PI to control the shield, but that has stopped working. All I use the shield for is Kodi... so if I can autolaunch Kodi, I have everything AV back on my ipad to be controlled via iRule...

Comment

Ok thats great. Can I somehow autostart Kodi (SBMC) on the shield ? I know thats nothing to do with the PI, more a question to the other shield users. Reason I am asking is I control all my AV stuff through iRule, and I cannot control the shield via iRule. But I can run HS3 commands through iRule. I used to use the Harmony PI to control the shield, but that has stopped working. All I use the shield for is Kodi... so if I can autolaunch Kodi, I have everything AV back on my ipad to be controlled via iRule...
                            Yes , there is an app in the play store called " launch on boot " , download it and configure it to run Kodi on Nvidia shield boot

Comment

Originally posted by rmohsen View Post
                              Yes , there is an app in the play store called " launch on boot " , download it and configure it to run Kodi on Nvidia shield boot

Ok thats brilliant. Is there a button in the PI to wake up or power down the shield ? That would be the last piece in the jigsaw I would need. I have my shild on a zwave on/off plug. But I am not sure it would start up when I turn the power on. Will test that later.

Comment

Working...
                              X