Connects to Windows but not OSMC or Shield TV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connects to Windows but not OSMC or Shield TV

I can't get the plugin to connect to my Vero 4k (OSMC) or Shield TV. Both have been added manually

[GENERAL]
    upgrade_xbmc_to_kodi_done=true
    [PLAYERS]
    1###name=shieldtv
    1###ipaddress=192.168.2.84
    1###username=kodi
    1###password=kodi
    2###name=vero4k
    2###ipaddress=192.168.2.85
    2###username=kodi
    2###password=kodi

Snips from the log:
    aug-31 14:33:22 Starting Plug-In Plugin Kodi started successfully in 375 milliseconds
    aug-31 14:33:22 Kodi INFO Kodi version 3.0.1.12
    aug-31 14:33:22 Starting Plug-In Initializing plugin Kodi ...
    aug-31 14:33:22 Info Plugin Kodi has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:53993
    aug-31 14:33:22 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in Kodi
    aug-31 14:33:22 Plug-In Interface Kodi is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
    aug-31 14:40:02 Kodi INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (thinkstation) - _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp. - 192.168.2.22 - 9090
    aug-31 14:40:02 Kodi INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (thinkstation) - _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp. - 192.168.2.22 - 8080
    aug-31 14:40:02 Kodi INFO Found Service: Kodi (thinkstation)
    aug-31 14:40:02 Kodi INFO Found Service: Kodi (thinkstation)

It automatically finds "thinkstation" which is Kodi on Windows but the others don't connect and nowhere in the log is there any indication that it has even tried to contact them.

All 3 Kodi instances have the exact same configuration. All 3 can be controlled via their web interfaces. Suggestions?
    Attached Files

Have you set all the parameters in settings general services as per manual ? I forgot to tick one, and it took me a while until I figured out there was one more tick I needed

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
      Have you set all the parameters in settings general services as per manual ? I forgot to tick one, and it took me a while until I figured out there was one more tick I needed
      Yes, like in the attached screenshot.You mean there are more?

Comment

Do you have a setting called something like "Announces service to other system"? If it's not there it means the plugin can't detect automatically when Kodi is on/off using zeroconf. So in this case you need to manually add it to the ini file (I guess this is what you already did) and then you need to manually connect using the connect button from the root device or the event action, as explained at the end of the first post of the user guide:
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...-in-user-guide

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          Do you have a setting called something like "Announces service to other system"? If it's not there it means the plugin can't detect automatically when Kodi is on/off using zeroconf. So in this case you need to manually add it to the ini file (I guess this is what you already did) and then you need to manually connect using the connect button from the root device or the event action, as explained at the end of the first post of the user guide:
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...-in-user-guide
          I'm an idiot. Didn't understand I had to connect from the Devices section...

Comment

Working...
          X