TTS with LibreELEC 18.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS with LibreELEC 18.5

I'm trying to get tts working on Kodi 18.5 (installed on a nuc with LibreELEC) I have all the options in the user manual selected, all the options on the kodi machine but for some reason I can't get tts working. When I type in "Kodi:theater" it does nothing, when I select no speakers and just have it broadcast to everything it just sends kodi a notification instead of speaking it. (i've tried setting 'foward speak actions' to yes and no, i've also tried setting the "send speak actions as notifications" to yes or no and still tts doesn't seem to work.

The Kodi plugin doesn't do any TTS, it just uses the "Speak Proxy" feature of HS to send text notifications.

if you want to do TTS through Kodi, you can try to enable Airplay in Kodi and use the AirplaySpeak plugin.

Comment

Have you tried casting to KODI? I don't know if am wright but check along those lines. This here : https://cormang.com/2018/06/30/how-to-stream-or-cast-from-windows-to-kodi/ is a generalized way of what should be enabled.

Eman.
      TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        The Kodi plugin doesn't do any TTS, it just uses the "Speak Proxy" feature of HS to send text notifications.

if you want to do TTS through Kodi, you can try to enable Airplay in Kodi and use the AirplaySpeak plugin.
        Ohh, ok. I thought maybe it did. Thanks for the quick response.

Comment

Originally posted by Eman View Post
          Have you tried casting to KODI? I don't know if am wright but check along those lines. This here : https://cormang.com/2018/06/30/how-to-stream-or-cast-from-windows-to-kodi/ is a generalized way of what should be enabled.

Eman.
          Haven't thought about that, i'll have to try it out. Question is since i've tried using airplay in the past for other things, does it 'stay' connected after it finishes speaking or does it disconnect so whatever else was playing at the time of the tts can resume playing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hsuser View Post

Haven't thought about that, i'll have to try it out. Question is since i've tried using airplay in the past for other things, does it 'stay' connected after it finishes speaking or does it disconnect so whatever else was playing at the time of the tts can resume playing?
            The best choice is to try it out. I use Nvidia SHIELD (it has everything in one unit and you can also install Tasker and other great apps) but haven't spare time to do a lot of what I want with them.

Eman.
            TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

Comment

Working...
            X