Moved HomeSeer Linux to another machine, Kodi plug-in not starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved HomeSeer Linux to another machine, Kodi plug-in not starting

Running HomeSeer 3 on Linux. Moved it from a VM to a small PC. I followed the steps and installed HomeSeer on the new machine, then copied the old folder over. Everything seemed to copy ok. Then I fired up HomeSeer. Most of it seems to be working (I'm still testing), but the Kodi plugin won't start and shows me this error:

WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from Kodi - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.

Found this topic:
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...jour-installed

Tried installing Avahi following this page:
    https://howtoinstall.co/en/ubuntu/xenial/avahi-daemon

Still no luck. Removed and re-added plug-in, no luck.

What am I missing? On the old homeseer machine the plugin worked fine.

Thanks for any help!

Matt

Have you tried removing all associated code and files associated with KODI from Homeseer and then reinstalling the plugin?

I had problems with my linux install because there is poor consistency with directory names. Linux is case sensitive Windows is not.

I created the following symbolic links. if you installed in /usr/local then substitute that for /opt.

sudo ln -s /opt/homeseer /opt/HomeSeer
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/Bin /opt/HomeSeer/bin
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/config /opt/HomeSeer/Config
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/configbackup /opt/HomeSeer/ConfigBackup
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/data /opt/HomeSeer/Data
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/docs /opt/HomeSeer/Docs
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/grammer /opt/HomeSeer/Grammer
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/logs /opt/HomeSeer/Logs
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/media /opt/HomeSeer/Media
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/Mochad /opt/HomeSeer/mochad
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/Scripts /opt/HomeSeer/scripts
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/Updates3 /opt/HomeSeer/updates3
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/Wave_Files /opt/HomeSeer/wave_files
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/html/Images /opt/HomeSeer/html/images
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/Alert /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/alert
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/Black /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/black
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/Checkbox /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/checkbox
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/clipart /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/Clipart
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/Default /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/default
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/devices /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/Devices
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/energy /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/Energy
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/HomeSeer /opt/HomeSeer/html/images/homeseer
    sudo ln -s /opt/HomeSeer/html/opt /opt ------- This allows access to fully qualified path names in Linux.

Some of the other packages I needed to install are:

flite
    avahi-daemon
    mono-vbnc
    mono-xsp4
    mono-asp

General tools that i installed are

mogrify
    gif2png
    perl
    jove or emacs
    unzip

running latest mono stable. 6.8.0.105

Hope this gives you some place to look.

Comment

I tried the rip and replace, but I'm not sure I found everywhere it has files stored. It still knew I had licensed it. I did notice that the time on the PC was off (even though I had set it in the bios) so I corrected that, but still get the error. I did see this in the log;

Initializing plug-in(1): Kodi Instance::System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () [0x00264] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider () [0x0000e] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () [0x0000f] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor () [0x00008] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at HSPI_Kodi.KodiPlayerDiscoverer.Start () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Kodi.KodiApp.Init () [0x00293] in :0 Time to load: 2300 milliseconds

Which seems to indicate something is missing (to me anyway). I verified that the avahi-daemon was running.

I checked all of the packages you mentioned, and I was missing mono-xsp4, so I installed that. I tried to install mono-asp but it said it could not find it. These are the instructions I used to install HS3:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-instructions

Thanks for your help though. I am good with Windows but less so with Linux.

Matt

Comment

To find all the instances with Kodi - go to the homeseer directory on the command line. Type find . -iname "*kodi*"

find in current directory .
        find name with case insensitive -iname

I would install mc (midnight commander which will allow you to move through the directories easier and delete files and directories.

Also have you tried installing mono-devel mono-vbnc?

Comment

So after spending all day yesterday fighting with this I just got frustrated, wiped out the entire OS, reinstalled ubuntu server (the latest version), copied everything over again, and still getting the same result. I did try deleting all things Kodi and still same result. Someone said on the forums that migrating to a new Linux machine was just copying the folder. Ha!

On a side note I'm a bit disappointed with the plugin support on the forums. There is an integer overflow bug in UltraECM and I posted to that forum, no response from the author. Same thing here. I'm starting to regret buying all these plugins. I worked with some open source HA platforms, and I thought they were too clunky. May be time to revisit that. Or build my entire homeseer install from scratch. What a pain.

Thanks for your assistance though. I really do appreciate it.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by mld2112 View Post
            So after spending all day yesterday fighting with this I just got frustrated, wiped out the entire OS, reinstalled ubuntu server (the latest version), copied everything over again, and still getting the same result. I did try deleting all things Kodi and still same result. Someone said on the forums that migrating to a new Linux machine was just copying the folder. Ha!

On a side note I'm a bit disappointed with the plugin support on the forums. There is an integer overflow bug in UltraECM and I posted to that forum, no response from the author. Same thing here. I'm starting to regret buying all these plugins. I worked with some open source HA platforms, and I thought they were too clunky. May be time to revisit that. Or build my entire homeseer install from scratch. What a pain.

Thanks for your assistance though. I really do appreciate it.

Matt
            If you aren't getting support from an plugin author please put in a support ticket at support@homeseer.com
            💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by mld2112 View Post
              I tried the rip and replace, but I'm not sure I found everywhere it has files stored. It still knew I had licensed it. I did notice that the time on the PC was off (even though I had set it in the bios) so I corrected that, but still get the error. I did see this in the log;

Initializing plug-in(1): Kodi Instance::System.Exception: No Zeroconf providers could be found or initialized. Necessary daemon may not be running. at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.GetProviders () [0x00264] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_DefaultProvider () [0x0000e] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.ProviderFactory.get_SelectedProvider () [0x0000f] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at Mono.Zeroconf.ServiceBrowser..ctor () [0x00008] in <350cc7bac8c6475198007c91dd299fbc>:0 at HSPI_Kodi.KodiPlayerDiscoverer.Start () [0x00000] in :0 at HSPI_Kodi.KodiApp.Init () [0x00293] in :0 Time to load: 2300 milliseconds

Which seems to indicate something is missing (to me anyway). I verified that the avahi-daemon was running.

I checked all of the packages you mentioned, and I was missing mono-xsp4, so I installed that. I tried to install mono-asp but it said it could not find it. These are the instructions I used to install HS3:

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...n-instructions

Thanks for your help though. I am good with Windows but less so with Linux.

Matt
              what files do you have in bin/Kodi?
              have you installed the plugin from the updater, or have you just copied the files from your other Linux machine?
              what version of the Kodi plugin were you running on the old linux machine?

Comment

So just to close this thread, after a day away from HomeSeer I went back, wiped everything completely out (OS, homeseer, everything) reinstalled the OS again, reinstalled HomeSeer again, copied the old install of HomeSeer over again, fired it up and suddenly everything is working now. All I did differently is installed the OS from a different thumb drive. So now I know if I need to move HomeSeer to another machine I just need to do it 3 times to get it working.

Thanks for helping. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result, but I guess in this case a little insanity helped

Comment

Working...
                X