errors filling up log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

errors filling up log

I get a lot of these errors in the log after a kodi instance is shut down on the remote system. Seems like it goes for a while and then eventually stops filling up the log.

INFO Failed to connect to Kodi player: Kodi (Kitchen) 192.168.128.105 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.128.105:9090
    11/30/2021 5:55:23 PM
    Legacy-Plugin
    Kodi
    INFO Trying to reconnect...

spud it's been almost a year with no help on this? Anything that you can do? It's cluttering up my log so much as I have 4 kodi boxes connected and they all do this.

Comment

Can the plugin discover your Kodi instances? or have you manually added them in the .ini file?
      When a Kodi instance is shutdown it is the discoverer that is in charge to let know the plugin that the Kodi service has disappeared. If it doesn't happen the plugin just thinks the disconnection is caused by something else and tries to reconnect.
      So, do you see log lines similar to the following when you shutdown an instance? If so how much time after the shutdown do they appear?

Code:
      Sep-25 15:41:43 INFO Lost Service: Kodi (MacBook) - _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp.
      Sep-25 15:41:43 INFO Lost Service: Kodi (MacBook) - _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp.
      I can probably improve this, I just saw that there are some System.OnQuit and System.OnSleep messages that I could use to differentiate between a voluntary shutdown and a network problem causing the disconnection.

Comment

I went and checked them all and they all had the discover setting turned off somehow. Once I enabled it on all of the boxes I was getting messages like you have shown there a second or two after closing the instances. So far I do not see those other events showing up, I closed and reopened each one a few times. Not sure if I missed that on the setup or if it got turned off during an upgrade. Sorry!

Comment

spud I just checked the log again and noticed that I am still getting these messages in the log, so I will still require assistance. I did check and the one system that is generating the log messages and the discoverer setting IS enabled.

Comment

Please try version Beta 3.0.1.15, a clean shutdown or sleep of a Kodi instance should be better detected now, and the plugin should not try to reconnect in this case.

If it is still not working, and if you have another way of detecting when a Kodi instance is shutdown (i.e. shutdown of the TV or something similar), you can try to create an event that uses the disconnect control on the root device, it should prevent the reconnection loop as well.

Comment

I have it installed and will report back with any issues. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dweber85rc View Post
                I have it installed and will report back with any issues. Thank you.
                Everything good?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Everything good?
                  Yes, everything is good! Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X