play selected video from Event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

play selected video from Event

Spud, Is it possible to play a selected video from an event. I use an instance of XBMC in the 3 year olds room and it is always the same movie at bed time that she falls asleep to is it possible to have an event that will trigger that movie to start playing with your plug in.

also I am not seeing a ratings device created with your plugin?

Cheers
    Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
    Spud, Is it possible to play a selected video from an event. I use an instance of XBMC in the 3 year olds room and it is always the same movie at bed time that she falls asleep to is it possible to have an event that will trigger that movie to start playing with your plug in.
    No it's not possible with the current version (or at least very difficult), I was waiting for HST to give more details about the Media API to implement this kind of things properly. I'm tired waiting so I'm going to add a simple action so that you can open any media from your library.

also I am not seeing a ratings device created with your plugin?
    there is a "MPAA rating" which gives ratings like G, PG, PG-13 to help parents decide what films are appropriate for their children. Are you talking about this kind of rating or the IMDB rating that gives a grade based on viewers opinion of the film?

Comment

I am talking about the MPAA rating. From what I understand there should be a device.created for.this

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

yes but you need to install version 3.0.0.7 available from here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161818

Comment

Ok, i got XBMC 3.0.07 running and I now have the ratings device showing

that I would like to do is trigger events based on this to help me monitor what the kids are watching is this possible? and if so how do I do it?

thanks Ken

Comment

read the 3 latest post here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...76#post1093676

Comment

Ok Im really confused about the scripting stuff.

What I would live to do is if rating is Rated R then

run application PCCompalinn "the movie in the bedroom is rated R"

I currently use an external program for all of my TTS because it allows me to have life like talking facesets how would I script this

so in the script this is what I would like it to do when the rating is changed
              Run (path to PCC)/pccompanion.exe "this_movie_is_rated_P_G"
              Thanks Ken
              Last edited by kenrad; December 12, 2013, 10:19 PM.

Comment

you cannot easily detect when the rating is changed (until HST implements the status trigger) so instead use the XBMC status device to detect when a new video is playing and then add a condition within the script to filter on the MPAA rating like this:

Code:
                Sub Main(ByVal parm as object)

'4797 is the reference ID of my MPAA Rating device
                    Dim mpaaRating = hs.DeviceString(4797) 

If mpaaRating = "Rated G" Then
                       hs.Launch("pccompanion.exe", "This movie is rated G", path_to_pcc, 0)
                    End If

End Sub

Comment

So where path to PCC is it should be c:\ programfiles\offloading correct?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

my bad, actually you need to put the path in the first parameter, the third parameter is the working directory you can leave it blank, so try this:

hs.Launch("c:\programfiles\offloading\pccompanion.exe", "This movie is rated G", "", 0)

Comment

In version 3.0.0.9 available from http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...63#post1078363
                      I have added the "Player Open Media" action to let you start playing a movie or tv show from an event:
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	openmedia.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1170949

Comment

Spud, This is an awesome addon I love it

I have another idea similar to it tho. Is it possible to trigger an event based on the title of the movie playing that way we could setup different lighting scenes based on the movie playing.

What do you think?

Cheers Ken

Comment

Spud, This is an awesome addon I love it

I have another idea similar to it tho. Is it possible to trigger an event based on the title of the movie playing that way we could setup different lighting scenes based on the movie playing.

What do you think?

Cheers Ken
                          Once again this is something that will be easy to do when HST will add trigger based on status string. Feel free to add comments in this ticket to try to speed up the implementation of this feature: http://www.homeseer.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=939

However, it is possible to do it right now by using a script like the one you wrote for ratings.

Comment

Working...
                          X