Event to play a Specific Audio Playlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Event to play a Specific Audio Playlist

I'm new to XBMC (just got my Raspberry up and running). What I'm looking to for is the ability to select and play a specific Audio playlist when I trigger an event.

Is this possible? (I can delete and move this to the feature requests thread if that would be more appropriate.)

Thanks.
    Scott

I'm not very familiar with XBMC playlists, but the plugin has an action called "Player Open Media" to play a movie or a tv show from an event, so I guess I can add a similar "Player Open Playlist" action.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I'm not very familiar with XBMC playlists, but the plugin has an action called "Player Open Media" to play a movie or a tv show from an event, so I guess I can add a similar "Player Open Playlist" action.
      I honestly haven't done much with the playlists either, but this is what I did with Homeseer's Media Player plugin and it worked pretty well.

I have a bunch of different playlists and then assign them to buttons on my alarm keypad. So hit a button on the keypad and play the playlist.

Thanks!
      Scott

Comment

done in version 3.0.0.12

I have implemented this feature in version 3.0.0.12 available here: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161818

Here is a quick howto:
        http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=165147

Comment

Thanks so much! But...I'm running the Linux version of XBMC and am not sure if I got the path syntax correct. I need to do some poking around on the box to make sure I can find the playlists, but based on a search, they should be here:

I tried to FTP to the playlist, but couldn't find it so I need to spend some time looking around.

Is the advancedsettings.xml file needed for Linux as well?

Thanks,.
          Scott
          Attached Files

Comment

Yes advancedsettings.xml is needed for Linux as well.

I have a Pi with raspbmc as well, so if you can't make it work let me know and I will give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
            X