This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to play an audio playlist from an Event

To create a playlist in XBMC, go to the Music section, switch to library mode and then select "New playlist...". Add all the songs you want then save:

Click image for larger version

Name:	playlist.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	1206021

On windows your playlist are saved as m3u files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\playlists\ music

Warning: In the current version of XBMC (Frodo), there is a bug that tag m3u files as picture files, so when the plugin will try to load your m3u file XBMC will actually try to start a slideshow. To fix this you need to create a file call advancedsettings.xml in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata, and paste the following lines in it:

Code:
    <advancedsettings>
      <pictureextensions>
        <remove>.m3u</remove>
      </pictureextensions> 
    </advancedsettings>
    Then in HS, create an event with a XBMC action of type "Player Open Media". Choose "File" as the media type, and enter the path of your m3u file like in the screenshot below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	playlist_event.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	1206022

Does this work with Android Kodi?

I've tried:
    * \Download\Window\AllWindow.M3U
    * Download\Window\AllWindow.M3U

But I can't seem to get the Kodi client to play the playlist no matter what I try.

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
      Does this work with Android Kodi?

I've tried:
      * \Download\Window\AllWindow.M3U
      * Download\Window\AllWindow.M3U

But I can't seem to get the Kodi client to play the playlist no matter what I try.
      I have never really tested Kodi on Android, but on my samsung S3 the absolute path of the Download folder is: /storage/emulated/0/Download

so, try to use a file explorer to check the absolute path, and use slash rather than backslash

Comment

That worked! I got the exact path by using "Properties" of the file in ES File Explorer.

Comment

Running Kodi on my ubuntu homeseer server I created a playlist which is located here: /home/william/.kodi/userdata/playlists/metal.m3u however running an event like suggested doesn't do anything. Am I missing something?
          https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Originally posted by happnatious1 View Post
            Running Kodi on my ubuntu homeseer server I created a playlist which is located here: /home/william/.kodi/userdata/playlists/metal.m3u however running an event like suggested doesn't do anything. Am I missing something?
            have you tried to add the lines in advancedsettings.xml as explained in the first post?

what do you get in the logs, if you set the log level to debug?

Comment

That worked.

However, I added my playlist to favorites, and the plugin sees it, but wont let me select it.

Comment

That worked.

However, I added my playlist to favorites, and the plugin sees it, but wont let me select it.
                not sure I understand, you are now trying to use the "Player Open Media" action with media type = Favourite?
                what do you mean by the plugin wont let you select it?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
                  not sure I understand, you are now trying to use the "Player Open Media" action with media type = Favourite?
                  what do you mean by the plugin wont let you select it?
                  The following test event will show my playlist in the last dropdown but I cant select it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

could you post the debug logs you get when you try to build this event.

can you select other favourites, or does the problem happen for all of them?

Comment

I have only created one playlist so far and added it to favorites. I'll create some more and give it a try.

Mar-27 9:58:49 AM Kodi DEBUG <--192.168.42.8:8080 { "id": 236, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": { "favourites": [ { "title": "metal.m3u", "type": "window" } ], "limits": { "end": 1, "start": 0, "total": 1 } } }
                      Mar-27 9:58:49 AM Kodi DEBUG -->192.168.42.8:8080 { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Favourites.GetFavourites", "params": { "properties": [ "path" ] }, "id": 236 }
                      Mar-27 9:58:45 AM Kodi DEBUG <--192.168.42.8:8080 { "id": 235, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": { "favourites": [ { "title": "metal.m3u", "type": "window" } ], "limits": { "end": 1, "start": 0, "total": 1 } } }
                      Mar-27 9:58:45 AM Kodi DEBUG -->192.168.42.8:8080 { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Favourites.GetFavourites", "params": { "properties": [ "path" ] }, "id": 235 }
                      Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG <--192.168.42.61:9090 { "id": 928, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": "pong" }
                      Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG -->192.168.42.61:9090 { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Ping", "params": {}, "id": 928 }
                      Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG <--192.168.42.62:9090 { "id": 928, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": "pong" }
                      Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG -->192.168.42.62:9090 { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Ping", "params": {}, "id": 928 }
                      Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG <--192.168.42.8:9090 { "id": 928, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": "pong" }
                      Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG -->192.168.42.8:9090 { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Ping", "params": {}, "id": 928 }

Comment

I have only created one playlist so far and added it to favorites. I'll create some more and give it a try.

Mar-27 9:58:49 AM Kodi DEBUG <--192.168.42.8:8080 { "id": 236, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": { "favourites": [ { "title": "metal.m3u", "type": "window" } ], "limits": { "end": 1, "start": 0, "total": 1 } } }
                        Mar-27 9:58:49 AM Kodi DEBUG -->192.168.42.8:8080 { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Favourites.GetFavourites", "params": { "properties": [ "path" ] }, "id": 236 }
                        Mar-27 9:58:45 AM Kodi DEBUG <--192.168.42.8:8080 { "id": 235, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": { "favourites": [ { "title": "metal.m3u", "type": "window" } ], "limits": { "end": 1, "start": 0, "total": 1 } } }
                        Mar-27 9:58:45 AM Kodi DEBUG -->192.168.42.8:8080 { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Favourites.GetFavourites", "params": { "properties": [ "path" ] }, "id": 235 }
                        Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG <--192.168.42.61:9090 { "id": 928, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": "pong" }
                        Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG -->192.168.42.61:9090 { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Ping", "params": {}, "id": 928 }
                        Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG <--192.168.42.62:9090 { "id": 928, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": "pong" }
                        Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG -->192.168.42.62:9090 { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Ping", "params": {}, "id": 928 }
                        Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG <--192.168.42.8:9090 { "id": 928, "jsonrpc": "2.0", "result": "pong" }
                        Mar-27 9:58:33 AM Kodi DEBUG -->192.168.42.8:9090 { "jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "JSONRPC.Ping", "params": {}, "id": 928 }
                        I see the problem, your favourite has the type "window" which means that when you open this favourite in Kodi, it opens the screen where you can see the content of your playlist, but it does not start to play it.
                        The plug-in "Player Open Media" action can only open favourite of type "File".

Why do you try to use the favourite in the first place to play the playlist from Kodi? You said it worked when using the "Player Open Media" action with the m3u file as explained in this thread, so why don't use that?

Comment

Not a big deal, I can use the other method. just trying to understand how the plug-in works.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

interesting, thumbnails for music would not display until I added a movie library on that kodi instance.

Comment

Trying to get some control of the Kodi plugin from HSTouch. triggering this causes an exception.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X