issues with Bonjour service stopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

issues with Bonjour service stopping

I keep running into issues with connection of the XBMC plugin, and I chased it down to the bonjour service stopping is there something that I an missing as to this stopping and is anyone else seeing this. It is only happening on my main HA PC that is running windows 8 64 bit

any ideas would really help

Cheers Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

How do you know that the Bonjour service stops? Does it crash? Do you get any error in Windows Event Viewer?

Did you try to set it up to automatically restart when it fails?

Comment

Ok the first thing I started noticing was as error from your xbmc plug in about the zero config and it couldn't connect with any of my xbmc instances. I kept digging and finally I was looking in the task manager and noticed that every time it happened the bonjour service was stopped. If I restart the service all is good.

How do I set the service to restart if it stops?

Cheers ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

in recovery tab, you can make it restart on failure. I have never tried it though, and it would be better to know why it fails.

Click image for larger version

Name:	service_recovery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	1171119

Comment

Working...
        X