Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Several Questions about the plugin

Hi Spud,
    Another great plugin that I purchased. None of these questions have urgency, I know you have lot of other priorities. I'm going thru all the amazing features and I came across some maybe issues. Your challenge is that when your responses are great and you have a great plugin it is = to more feature requests :-)

I will list them here, let me know if some are feature requests.

1) I have livetv but the device type shows under Video and the media type channel that is correct.
    2) Could it be possible to show my camera on a different screen like PIP while watching a movie that shows someone is at the door?
    3) Looking at your scripts, I'm not an expert but I would like to display a message when someone call, I think this would do it, what would it be the syntax for VB
    void GUIShowNotification(string player, string title, string message, int displaytime = 5000)
    In vb would it be like this?
    hs.PluginFunction("XBMC", "", "GUIShowNotification", new object[] { "Kodi (OpenELEC)", "Test title", "Test message", 5000 });
    4) when RPI2 is disconnected and try to connect via devices, I get this message below.
    5) Can I get the current time running from a tv show?

Mar-21 12:42:05 PM XBMC INFO Failed to connect to XBMC Client: Kodi (OpenELEC) 192.168.0.51 A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 192.168.0.51:9090
    Mar-21 12:41:44 PM Device Control Device: Kodi Kodi (OpenELEC) Root to Connect (-1) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

1) the type device is actually the "Player Type", there are only 3 player types in Kodi: Audio, Video and Picture, so Video is correct for LiveTV. And channel is also correct for the media type device, the possible value for the media type device are: unknown, song, picture, musicvideo, movie, episode, channel

2) If you can find a Kodi Addon that can do PIP, then maybe I can try to leverage that to display a camera feed, but I'm not sure if PIP is possible at all in Kodi.

3) In VB, it's probably something like
    hs.PluginFunction("XBMC", "", "GUIShowNotification", new Object() { "Kodi (OpenELEC)", "Test title", "Test message", 5000 })

Note that if you don't want to bother with scripts, you can use the "GUI Show Notification" action, or you can use the plugin as a speak proxy and use Speak actions that will be shown as GUI Notifications in XBMC

4) What do you mean by "RPI2 is disconnected" ? If Kodi is not running or not accessible on your network, then the error is normal.

5) You can get the current time and total time for any playing media, using the following script functions:
    • int GetCurrentTime(string player)
    • int GetTotalTime(string player)

Hope this helps!

Comment

Spud, thanks for your fast response.

Note that if you don't want to bother with scripts, you can use the "GUI Show Notification" action, or you can use the plugin as a speak proxy and use Speak actions that will be shown as GUI Notifications in XBMC
      What I try to do is pass the caller ID and the name, any suggestions? I have devices that stores this info, although not sure how to pass them in the script.

4) What do you mean by "RPI2 is disconnected" ? If Kodi is not running or not accessible on your network, then the error is normal.
      Sorry I meant Raspberry PI2, if I power off it, should I be able to restart?

Thanks again,
      Aldo

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
        Spud, thanks for your fast response.
        What I try to do is pass the caller ID and the name, any suggestions? I have devices that stores this info, although not sure how to pass them in the script.
        If you use the speak proxy feature, you can use replacement variables. Have a look at this post:
        http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...3&postcount=54

so in your case the repacement variable that get a device status is: $$DSR:(ref):

http://homeseer.com/support/homeseer/HS3/HS3Help/using_replacement_variables.htm

I will also add support for replacement variables for the "GUI Show Notification" action in the next version
        Originally posted by aldo View Post
        Sorry I meant Raspberry PI2, if I power off it, should I be able to restart?

Thanks again,
        Aldo
        Yes this is supposed to work, when Kodi restart, the plugin is supposed to detect it and automatically reconnects.
        But you're not the first one having problems with this, so let me know if it doesn't work, and send me your debug logs from the moment you shutdown your Pi until it restarts.

Comment

Thank you spud.

Comment

have a look at this guide to display a camera overlay in Kodi

Comment

I was reading the posts for today and I came across your new post. I was, "Interesting,I asked Spud the exact thing yesterday", so I configured, tested and it worked just like I imagine. Then I saw this post. Thank you very much, that was exactly what I was looking for.
              http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...53#post1168953

P.S. I small issue for other people that may experience the same issue as mine. On the size of the image, it did not like the default 480X480 I had to change it to 640X480, otherwise I would just get an icon.

Comment

Working...
              X