• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
    All of my connections issue have been resolved

Thanks again.

BTW what PVR backend do you use?
    I don't use any PVR.
    But I would love to integrate Netflix into Kodi, I will have a look at your PlayOn solution

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      I don't use any PVR.
      But I would love to integrate Netflix into Kodi, I will have a look at your PlayOn solution
      Have a look at this blog post
      http://mymediaexperience.com/integra...ulu-into-xbmc/

PlayOn isn't free however in my opinion it is work the 50 bucks for the lifetime license. Even with PVR and Live TV there are occasions where I miss a recording for whatever reason and then I have to open a browser and search for the shows network and then stream it. PlayOn makes all of this available along with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, directly in Kodi.

Comment

I've been having to restart the plugin to force the connection sometimes...and notice it always goes back to port 8080 while disconnected, even though I have a custom port of 9999 as my server has a conflict with port 8080.

That leads me to be concerned on connection stability long term. Is there a potential issue with using a custom port?

Also, I don't know if this is a Kodi problem or HS...but each user is a unique device/connection. That might complicate logic that you would want duplicated on all clients regardless of user (i.e. lower volume at bedtime).

Comment

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
          I've been having to restart the plugin to force the connection sometimes...and notice it always goes back to port 8080 while disconnected, even though I have a custom port of 9999 as my server has a conflict with port 8080.

That leads me to be concerned on connection stability long term. Is there a potential issue with using a custom port?
          there should not be any issue with custom port. Where do you see that it goes back to 8080?

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
          Also, I don't know if this is a Kodi problem or HS...but each user is a unique device/connection. That might complicate logic that you would want duplicated on all clients regardless of user (i.e. lower volume at bedtime).
          not sure what you mean exactly here, but you can fire an XBMC action from an event for all clients by setting the instance field to 'All', however if you need to control a device, then yes you need to duplicate the action.

Comment

there should not be any issue with custom port. Where do you see that it goes back to 8080?
            Whenever I'm forced to restart the plugin to get it to reconnect is when it tends to show the old port 8080 in the XBMC plugin config.

not sure what you mean exactly here, but you can fire an XBMC action from an event for all clients by setting the instance field to 'All', however if you need to control a device, then yes you need to duplicate the action
            Perfect, I didn't see the "all" in the event actions...I'll need the generic "all" just for events and not for device control. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Working...
            X