X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AgileHumor
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    there should not be any issue with custom port. Where do you see that it goes back to 8080?
    Whenever I'm forced to restart the plugin to get it to reconnect is when it tends to show the old port 8080 in the XBMC plugin config.

not sure what you mean exactly here, but you can fire an XBMC action from an event for all clients by setting the instance field to 'All', however if you need to control a device, then yes you need to duplicate the action
    Perfect, I didn't see the "all" in the event actions...I'll need the generic "all" just for events and not for device control. Thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
    I've been having to restart the plugin to force the connection sometimes...and notice it always goes back to port 8080 while disconnected, even though I have a custom port of 9999 as my server has a conflict with port 8080.

That leads me to be concerned on connection stability long term. Is there a potential issue with using a custom port?
    there should not be any issue with custom port. Where do you see that it goes back to 8080?

Originally posted by AgileHumor View Post
    Also, I don't know if this is a Kodi problem or HS...but each user is a unique device/connection. That might complicate logic that you would want duplicated on all clients regardless of user (i.e. lower volume at bedtime).
    not sure what you mean exactly here, but you can fire an XBMC action from an event for all clients by setting the instance field to 'All', however if you need to control a device, then yes you need to duplicate the action.

Leave a comment:

• AgileHumor
    replied
    I've been having to restart the plugin to force the connection sometimes...and notice it always goes back to port 8080 while disconnected, even though I have a custom port of 9999 as my server has a conflict with port 8080.

That leads me to be concerned on connection stability long term. Is there a potential issue with using a custom port?

Also, I don't know if this is a Kodi problem or HS...but each user is a unique device/connection. That might complicate logic that you would want duplicated on all clients regardless of user (i.e. lower volume at bedtime).

Leave a comment:

• skarragallagher
    replied
    I don't use any PVR.
    But I would love to integrate Netflix into Kodi, I will have a look at your PlayOn solution
    Have a look at this blog post
    http://mymediaexperience.com/integra...ulu-into-xbmc/

PlayOn isn't free however in my opinion it is work the 50 bucks for the lifetime license. Even with PVR and Live TV there are occasions where I miss a recording for whatever reason and then I have to open a browser and search for the shows network and then stream it. PlayOn makes all of this available along with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, directly in Kodi.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
    All of my connections issue have been resolved

Thanks again.

BTW what PVR backend do you use?
    I don't use any PVR.
    But I would love to integrate Netflix into Kodi, I will have a look at your PlayOn solution

Leave a comment:

• skarragallagher
    replied
    All of my connections issue have been resolved

Thanks again.

BTW what PVR backend do you use?

Leave a comment:

• skarragallagher
    replied
    I think I have this working.

The issue was I was using an older version of bonjour (1.0) that I had found on the internet somewhere.

I downloaded the one in your post and it works properly now. Time will tell if they autoconnect properly but it looks promising

Thanks again

Leave a comment:

• skarragallagher
    replied
    I have had bigger fish to fry, but I am still working on this. Thanks for your continued help. I have yet to get to the root of the issue but since I had to rebuild by Homeseer server this was the last of my worries.

Stay tuned

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• skarragallagher
    replied
    No Problem, Thanks for the advice, this is exactly what I was looking for. I'll check the logs and post back

Thanks again for the help

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    I thought I had answered you yesterday, but somehow the post didn't go through, sorry for that.

any version of Bonjour should work just fine.
    in the Kodi plugin config page set the log level to debug
    when a Kodi instance is started on your network, you should see something like the following in your logs:

Code:
    INFO Found Service: Kodi (spud)
    INFO Found Service: Kodi (spud)
    INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (spud) - _xbmc-jsonrpc._tcp. - 192.168.1.102 - 9090
    INFO Resolved Service: Kodi (spud) - _xbmc-jsonrpc-h._tcp. - 192.168.1.102 - 808
    DEBUG Connecting on tcp port 9090
    DEBUG Pinging on http port 8081
    if you don't see any of this, then activate the debug logging in Kodi settings, then restart Kodi and look for lines with the keyword ZeroconfMDNS in Kodi.log

Leave a comment:

• skarragallagher
    replied
    So I am doing some additional testing today. I noticed that there was a thread with someone having issues connecting due to IPv6. I have since disabled Ipv6, Disabled the zeroconf settings in Kodi and re-enabled.

Also I have a ceton infinitv 4 that I was using for which I had to create a network bridge to enable Network TV tuning. I have since removed the bridge and just have a standard setup.

Hoping that this solves the issues with auto-connect. Time will tell

Leave a comment:

• skarragallagher
    replied
    No love as far as the update is concerned. Should I be using version 3.0? I am using 2.3.4 I think.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• skarragallagher
    replied
    So I checked the firewall and the zeroconf setting. Everything is configured properly. When I closed Kodi the plugin never was notified about the disconnect. Likewise when I started the plugin and Kodi the plugin never auto reconnected. I had to manually connect. Clearly the plugin is having issues communication issues.

I did notice that there was an update for Bonjour. Maybe I will try again after running it.

Any other thought in the meantime?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• skarragallagher
    replied
    I'll give it 5 and let you know.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by skarragallagher View Post
    Hi Thanks for the reply,

Firewall should be disabled on both windows machines but I will check.

I will run through those steps as soon as I am off work.
    How long should I wait after starting things up again before it should connect?
    less than 1 minute

Leave a comment:

Working...
X