• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spud
    replied
    Originally posted by KSO View Post
    I tried to start HSPI_XBMC.exe as Admin, and same thing happens
    do you mean you got the same error?
    if so, it means the plugin doesn't like to be run as Admin, there must be something on your system preventing it to run like that... this is strange given that so far you are the only user who has reported this issue.

you can find an older version (3.0.0.29) in this thread: http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=174493

Leave a comment:

• KSO
    replied
    Originally posted by spud View Post
    do you do anything particular to start HS3? use a specific user? start it as a service or something like that?

if you try to start the XBMC plugin manually but with administrator rights do you get the error? (right click on HSPI_XBMC.exe and select "Run as Administrator")

what other plugins are you running?
    HS3 and Kodi are both running as apps. I tried to start HSPI_XBMC.exe as Admin, and same thing happens.
    I just start HS3 with the normal shortcut link the it creates. I am using your easytrigger and it runs fine, as do all of the other plugins. I am using .36 of the XBMC, should I try an earlier version? If so where can I get it and what version?

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    do you do anything particular to start HS3? use a specific user? start it as a service or something like that?

if you try to start the XBMC plugin manually but with administrator rights do you get the error? (right click on HSPI_XBMC.exe and select "Run as Administrator")

what other plugins are you running?

Leave a comment:

• KSO
    replied
    I'm not sure I follow...
    Everything works fine when you start the plugin from the command line, but not when you start it from the web page?

Have you installed .NET framework version 4.5?
    That is correct, and yes I have 4.5 installed.
    I took screen shots and attached. First I did the command line start, and then went to the plugin page.
    The XBMC web page will not connect to the music files though.
    Then I disconnected the remote, and enabled the XBMC Plugin (Last two pictures)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    OK, I started Kodi, and it initialized fine, and in the manage plugins page, it showed XBMC started remotly, when I disconnected XBMC from the plugin page and then tried to enable it, it gave me the same warning popup. So the plugin will start fine remotely, but not from the plugin page by enabling it.
    I'm not sure I follow...
    Everything works fine when you start the plugin from the command line, but not when you start it from the web page?

Have you installed .NET framework version 4.5?

Leave a comment:

• KSO
    replied
    Plugin: XBMC Instance: starting...
    Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
    Connection attempt #1
    Connected (Homeseer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
    INFO XBMC version 3.0.0.36

Thats it.
    OK, I started Kodi, and it initialized fine, and in the manage plugins page, it showed XBMC started remotly, when I disconnected XBMC from the plugin page and then tried to enable it, it gave me the same warning popup. So the plugin will start fine remotely, but not from the plugin page by enabling it.

Leave a comment:

• KSO
    replied
    Please try to install .NET 4.5

what is printed to the console when you try to start from the command line?
    Plugin: XBMC Instance: starting...
    Connecting to server at 127.0.0.1...
    Connection attempt #1
    Connected (Homeseer API 3). Waiting to be initialized...
    INFO XBMC version 3.0.0.36

Thats it.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    Please try to install .NET 4.5

what is printed to the console when you try to start from the command line?

Leave a comment:

• KSO
    replied
    ...hmmm, I have no clue what could be causing this error...
    could you try to start the plugin from the command line rather than from the web interface, there may be more information printed to the console:
    - open a cmd prompt
    - cd to your HS3 directory
    - enter HSPI_XBMC.exe

also, what version of .NET framework is installed on your system?
    The same thing happens, and I have version 4.0 of .NET installed.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    ...hmmm, I have no clue what could be causing this error...
    could you try to start the plugin from the command line rather than from the web interface, there may be more information printed to the console:
    - open a cmd prompt
    - cd to your HS3 directory
    - enter HSPI_XBMC.exe

also, what version of .NET framework is installed on your system?

Leave a comment:

• KSO
    replied
    have you tried to reinstall the plugin?
    can you run any other third party plugin?

a quick google search points to this registry entry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\*Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\LoadAppInit_DL*Ls

what is this entry set to on your system? can you try to set it to 0 as explained in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJzwQdAQR4E
    The entry was set to (1), and I changed it to (0). But it still has the same issue. I uninstalled the plugin, and reinstalled it, and it still has the same problem.
    All other 3rd party plugins work fine, only XBMC has an issue.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    have you tried to reinstall the plugin?
    can you run any other third party plugin?

a quick google search points to this registry entry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\*Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\LoadAppInit_DL*Ls

what is this entry set to on your system? can you try to set it to 0 as explained in this video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJzwQdAQR4E

Leave a comment:

• KSO
    replied
    can you access the config page? If you can, please set the log level to debug? If you can't, manually edit Config/XBMC.ini and add the following lines:
    Code:
    [GENERAL]
    log_level=Debug
    then restart the plugin and post your logs

also try to disable temporarily your AV

thanks
    OK, I can not access the config page, but I went to the XBMC.ini file, and it was blank. So I added the lines you said to, and enabled the PI and the error window pops up instantly stating: HSPI_XBMC.exe - Application Error
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application.
    The Log only says "Finished initializing plug-in XBMC.
    I do not have any AV connected, other than the Kodi player on the HS3 machine.

Leave a comment:

• spud
    replied
    can you access the config page? If you can, please set the log level to debug? If you can't, manually edit Config/XBMC.ini and add the following lines:
    Code:
    [GENERAL]
    log_level=Debug
    then restart the plugin and post your logs

also try to disable temporarily your AV

thanks

Leave a comment:

• KSO
    started a topic Trouble starting XBMC

Trouble starting XBMC

I have had XBMC working for awhile now, and then after upgrading to Windows 10, I can not get the plugin to connect to Kodi. As soon as I Enable the PI, a windows error appears that says "". The plugin continues to startup, and no errors in the HS3 Log appear, only the one line that the plugin Finished initializing. But in the plugin status there is a "Warning:Failed getting Interface Status from XBMC - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed." I have installed Kodi 15.2, and have removed and reinstalled XBMC plugin (3.0.0.36). The plugin installs without any errors in the log. I have repaired Bonjour, and made sure it is running. I dont know if it is a firewall issue, but I have kodi and bonjour allowed applications.
    Any Ideas?
Working...
X