Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HomeSeer devices not updated

Hi spud,

Still playing with the Kodi plugin (the last version that works on xp). The HS devices are not updating when using kodi. See screen shots below where the movie that is playing is visible through the web interface, but the hs devices are all still at default. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Thanks
    Al
    Attached Files
    HS 3.0.0.532: 1963 Devices 1141 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.1.261: 122 Nodes on one Z-Net

do you have a firewall running on the Kodi machine? the plugin needs to be able to connect on port 9090 (raw TCP) AND 80 (or whatever your http port is set to)

if you can control Kodi using the device controls, but the device status are not updated the problem is the connection on port 9090.

Comment

Hi spud, no firewall as far as I know (it's the Hyperion pi I got from you). I can telnet to port 9090 and see the json commands.

Thanks
      Al

Comment

what do you have in the logs (debug) when the plugin discovers the Kodi instance and try to connect?

does the control buttons work?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          what do you have in the logs (debug) when the plugin discovers the Kodi instance and try to connect?

does the control buttons work?
          Hi spud, that all looked fine with no errors and the buttons worked. Disconnecting and reconnecting the instance using the buttons on the root device got it to work.

Now that I got that working, I do have some media that when playing does not show correctly. The title device shows blank, although a title looks to be passed in the json string:

Code:
          {"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.OnPause","params":{"data":{"item":{"title":"sonic x 132 (032) flood fight (andyscot).avi","type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":0}},"sender":"xbmc"}}{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.OnPlay","params":{"data":{"item":{"title":"sonic x 132 (032) flood fight (andyscot).avi","type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}},"sender":"xbmc"}}{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.OnPause","params":{"data":{"item":{"title":"sonic x 132 (032) flood fight (andyscot).avi","type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":0}},"sender":"xbmc"}}{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.OnPlay","params":{"data":{"item":{"title":"sonic x 132 (032) flood fight (andyscot).avi","type":"movie"},"player":{"playerid":1,"speed":1}},"sender":"xbmc"}}
          Do you think the brackets () are messing it up?

Thanks
          Al

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
            Do you think the brackets () are messing it up?
            Not sure. Are the other devices (Media type, thumbnail, etc...) populated?

How do you start this media in Kodi? IS it part of your Kodi video library?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
              Not sure. Are the other devices (Media type, thumbnail, etc...) populated?

How do you start this media in Kodi? IS it part of your Kodi video library?
              I'll do some more troubleshooting today. It's something the kids started watching while I was troubleshooting the other issue.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Working...
              X