Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PI disconnected after remote Kodi restart

Hi Spud,
    is the PI expected to reconnect to the kodi instance automatically if kodi is rebooted?
    Enabling debug logging doesn't show anything (I have an event which is basically "if Kodi root = disconnected, then reconnect"), and if I go into the root device and click the reconnect button, I get this:
    Code:
    Mar-31 13:05:35	 	XBMC	DEBUG Stack: at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) at HSPI_XBMC.XBMCPlayer.d__24.MoveNext()
    Mar-31 13:05:35	 	XBMC	ERROR A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied
    Kodi does have a username/password, and is up and responding to browser and json requests when this happens, so maybe it's not getting the IP passed into the connection string?

The only cure to get the PI to connect again is to literally disable and reenable it.

Hi again,
    any chance of putting in specific handling for the above in a future version?
    Basically, once it is logged, my events which fire to reconnect to the instance seem to work, but then the PI config for that instance show that the instance is still disconnected.
    Connecting with kore shows that it is up and working, and I can restore the PI control by stopping and starting it - I don't need to restart the kodi instance not being connected to.
    The above post - that was controlling my first kodi instance. Weirdly enough, now that the second instance is added, the first instance no longer has the issue, and now the problem is for the second instance only.

Here's the log for where the event fires for a disconnect - it tells the root device to reconnect.
    Code:
    Jul-05 19:45:21	 	XBMC	DEBUG Stack: at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) at HSPI_XBMC.XBMCPlayer.d__24.MoveNext()
    Jul-05 19:45:21	 	XBMC	ERROR A request to send or receive data was disallowed because the socket is not connected and (when sending on a datagram socket using a sendto call) no address was supplied
    Jul-05 19:45:21	 	XBMC	DEBUG Pinging on http port 8080
    Jul-05 19:45:21	 	XBMC	DEBUG Connecting on tcp port 9090
    Jul-05 19:45:21	 	Device Control	Device: HouseVoice Root to Connect (-1)

Comment

Is Spud away or something?

Just seems I'm building up quite the list of potential errors that stop the PI updating the devices, etc, and so have to put in a lot of workarounds (reconnects, PI restarts) so it works reliably. Again, PI reports disconnects or errors connecting, yet Kore and other devices and the HS server can actually get through if the PI is restarted or do port probes.

Have another one for the list:
      Code:
      Jul-16 14:15:33	 	XBMC	DEBUG System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccess(Task task) at Microsoft.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task) at HSPI_XBMC.XBMCPlayer.d__3.MoveNext()

Comment

In version 3.0.0.39 available here I have fixed some connection/disconnection issues.

This should fix most of the problems you are seeing, please test and let me know. Thanks

Comment

Thanks, testing now

Comment

Working...
          X