X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newtonsoft.Json

Hi spud,

I have this annoying problem I'm not able to fix :

ERROR Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

This is after I moving HomeSeer to new motherboard.
    Old motherboard destroyed by faulty power supply!

Eman.
    TinkerLand : Life's Choices,"No One Size Fits All"

You probably have a version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your root HS3 folder that conflicts with the one used by the XBMC plugin (in Bin/XBMC). Delete the one in your root HS3 folder and then restart the plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
      You probably have a version of Newtonsoft.Json.dll in your root HS3 folder that conflicts with the one used by the XBMC plugin (in Bin/XBMC). Delete the one in your root HS3 folder and then restart the plugin.

Brilliant! That was nice spud.

Thank you.

Eman.

Comment

Hi Spud,

Can you please provide an updated viversion of that file because it stops other plugins from working as seen in the log below.

15/08/2016 13:18:30 ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): Blue-Iris Instance::Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)STACK:Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()
        15/08/2016 13:18:56 ~!~Error~!~Initializing plug-in(2): Jeedom Instance::Could not load file or assembly 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=7.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)STACK:Server stack trace: Exception rethrown at [0]: at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessag e(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.InitIO(String port) at Scheduler.clsHSPI.CheckInterfaces()

15/08/2016 13:19:01 ~!~DoorBird~!~Error Connecting To DoorBird - Not Registering Events
        15/08/2016 13:19:01 ~!~Z-Wave Error~!~Z-Wave Me: The Z-Wave Me interface did not respond to the request for the HomeID and Node - it may be disconnected or malfunctioning (2).Startup Complete, 4 errors
        detected, check the log for more information.

Eman.

Comment

You can't ask for every plugins to use the same version of 3rd party dlls, this would be a nightmare to manage.
          You shouldn't have any Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the root directory.
          To avoid conflicts each plug-in must install its dependencies in bin/<plugin-name>. This is what the XBMC plugin does, if your other plugins need this dll in the root dir you should tell the author to update it so that it is loaded from bin/<plugin-name>
          Last edited by spud; August 15, 2016, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
            You can't ask for every plugins to use the same version of 3rd party dlls, this would be a nightmare to manage.
            You shouldn't have any Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the root directory.
            To avoid conflicts each plug-in must install its dependencies in bin/<plugin-name>. This is what the XBMC plugin does, if you other plugins need this dll in the root dir you should tell the author to update it so that it is loaded from bin/<plugin-name>
            That's what I thought. So when I copied that dll from the bin/XBMC folder into the root folder, that's when I got those errors. I just wanted to hear from you first.

Thank you.

Eman.

Comment

Working...
            X