Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung TV Y2016 and newer (series K and up) remote control

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi

    Just found out that I can see current input in tv smart things app.

    See screenshot attached, you can see it says PC HDMI1 that is the current input.

    The smart view app I have not managed to connect to the tv.

    Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

    Comment


    • Also it will show the current channel number if watching tv, however not the channel name

      Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

      Comment


      • Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
        Also it will show the current channel number if watching tv, however not the channel name

        Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
        Last question (), if you use a regular remote, and change say channel or input, does the SmartThings app immediately update?
        If you turn debugging on (on the PI) and use SmartThings to say change app or input source, do you see log entries appear? If so, I'd be dying to see what they are
        Dirk

        Comment


        • The updates in the smart things app are immediate. Less than 1 second delay for changes done with the regular remote.

          Will see if I can get some logs later today.

          Comment


          • Can't seem to see anything in the log regarding input change when changing inpu using SmartThings app or using the regular remote.

            Do you know if it is possible to send notifications to the tv?

            Attached Files

            Comment


            • Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
              Can't seem to see anything in the log regarding input change when changing inpu using SmartThings app or using the regular remote.

              Do you know if it is possible to send notifications to the tv?
              Thanks for trying, was a bit too wishful, hoping to see events enabled by SmartThings.
              The TV has notification capabilities but I haven't seen a single shred of evidence that you can tickle it from an external device as opposed to an embedded app.
              Have been peering through the Tizen source code for past week, I can find most of what everyone out there already knows but still canot understand how they constructed this Device-2-device API.

              Dirk

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
                Can't seem to see anything in the log regarding input change when changing inpu using SmartThings app or using the regular remote.

                Do you know if it is possible to send notifications to the tv?
                Are you up for some real debugging ?

                Samsung TVs can be fairly easy be put in a debug mode, described here (https://developer.samsung.com/tv/dev...apps/debugging)

                What you would need is:
                a/ IP address of your laptop or desktop that you plan to use to capture some logs
                b/ IP address of the TV

                If you look at the instructions: go to apps, enter 12345 and done. That should cause a pop up to appear. There you turn on debug and enter the IP address of your laptop/desktop. Click OK, boot TV

                Now you go to your desktop and you open a browser and enter <TV_IP_Address>:8001 hit enter. This should show you the Multiscreen Service settings. At the bottom set logging to Silly, now click on View Logs and you should see what is happening.

                Now you open the SmartThings app on your phone and change some input settings, change channels , this should cause log entries. Capture that logging info.
                Set logging back to Error.
                Repeat the same thing on your TV, go to apps, enter 12345, set debug off, boot tv.

                Thoughts?

                Dirk

                Comment


                • Hi Dirk

                  I will try the debugging of the samsung t when i find the time.

                  Christian

                  Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • Jumping in here... the plugin in the Beta section is .44. I removed the old version and got the beta installed. But no "remote" functions for the Samsung TV I just put up. It's "The Frame" unit, but uses the same SmartThings app, so... hoping it's going to be same/similar code. Do I need these other versions (.48?) to get the remote to show up?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
                      Jumping in here... the plugin in the Beta section is .44. I removed the old version and got the beta installed. But no "remote" functions for the Samsung TV I just put up. It's "The Frame" unit, but uses the same SmartThings app, so... hoping it's going to be same/similar code. Do I need these other versions (.48?) to get the remote to show up?
                      Installed attached version.
                      Dirk

                      Comment


                      • Thanks, Dirk. Got it working, though it doesn't seem super reliable to stay in "Online" mode. I'll keep playing with it to see if I can find any correlation with anything I'm doing.

                        This unit is their "artwork" unit and has some buttons / features that look different than the buttons displayed. Any suggestion where I'd find those commands to customize them?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
                          Thanks, Dirk. Got it working, though it doesn't seem super reliable to stay in "Online" mode. I'll keep playing with it to see if I can find any correlation with anything I'm doing.

                          This unit is their "artwork" unit and has some buttons / features that look different than the buttons displayed. Any suggestion where I'd find those commands to customize them?
                          You may want to add some more info (pictures, screenshots, logs, URLs ...) to your questions, not sure I have any idea what you are asking me

                          Comment


                          • Hm. Yeah. Good point. LOL

                            I was hoping you'd seen a source of such stuff. Basically, it's a feature/button on the remote that is direct access to the "art mode" feature. But no idea what the command would be or how to find it. Sigh.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gregoryx View Post
                              Hm. Yeah. Good point. LOL

                              I was hoping you'd seen a source of such stuff. Basically, it's a feature/button on the remote that is direct access to the "art mode" feature. But no idea what the command would be or how to find it. Sigh.
                              Just scanned published (IP based) remote key codes for Samsung but nowhere I can see something that "smells" like "art mode". If you use the Smartview app or the Smartthings app (might not be supported for your model), is the "art mode" button there?

                              Comment


                              • I'm using the Smart Things app. From what I've read, it used to use the Smartview but no longer. From the app, it goes to a remote-control function for the screen / TV unit. After playing with it more, it's clear that the remote-control function is really the only thing that interacts with the art-mode - so... really, nothing at all. The power-off function from the normal remote actually puts the unit it art mode. But that's pretty much the extent of control. After that, one can use control arrows and enter / back and that's about it. Not much there to change, unfortunately. Thanks again for checking, Dirk.

                                On the plus side, it just works. So I guess that's actually preferable over needing to control it for any purpose? LOL

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X