Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung TV Y2016 and newer (series K and up) remote control

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Any updates on this? I just picked up a 2018 Q7f and I'm trying to figure out how to control it with HS. I can turn it on with Alexa, but I'd like to be able to incorporate it into more advanced scenes.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
      Any updates on this? I just picked up a 2018 Q7f and I'm trying to figure out how to control it with HS. I can turn it on with Alexa, but I'd like to be able to incorporate it into more advanced scenes.
      I can post an .exe here. I've made extensive changes to support 2015 & 2016 models, I don't have a 2017 model, so there is a chance I broke something. I was planning on finishing off support for LG WebOS based TVs (which I do have ) before doing an official release.

      Thoughts?

      Dirk

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
        I can turn it on with Alexa,
        How do you do that? Direct or through a HS PI?

        I've being playing w/ WOL but so far no device I have reacted to it. Samsung in the past (up to 2016 models) could not be turned on via the Ethernet interface, maybe that changed in 2017 models. Is is WOL?

        Dirk

        Comment


        • #19
          I'd be happy to give it a shot! Remind me how I manually install plugins again?

          As for Alexa it's using the Smartthings skill. I got the whole collection of Samsung smart appliances and the new TV. It's really awesome to be able to be able to get notifications when the washer/dryer is done or if the fridge door is open. I can't figure out how to get them in to HS though

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            How do you do that? Direct or through a HS PI?

            I've being playing w/ WOL but so far no device I have reacted to it. Samsung in the past (up to 2016 models) could not be turned on via the Ethernet interface, maybe that changed in 2017 models. Is is WOL?

            Dirk
            Dirk,

            I am using WOL here to turn on my 2017 Samsung. No problem with that anymore. Using Jon00's network plugin for that.

            Wim
            -- Wim

            Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
            650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              I'd be happy to give it a shot! Remind me how I manually install plugins again?

              As for Alexa it's using the Smartthings skill. I got the whole collection of Samsung smart appliances and the new TV. It's really awesome to be able to be able to get notifications when the washer/dryer is done or if the fridge door is open. I can't figure out how to get them in to HS though
              I would post a zip file which contains an executable which you need to copy into the HS root directory (when HS is stopped ).
              If you like to go back, you just click the version in the updater and the updater will have you go back to the original.
              Did I say that you should first use the updater to install the PI to make sure that all files and subdirectories are where they should be before you overwrite the .exe explained in step 1.

              On a different note, if you can turn the TV on using smartthing skill, I would venture that the Ethernet port says active all the time, which would mean the PI should be able to turn TV on and off.

              Dirk

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                Dirk,

                I am using WOL here to turn on my 2017 Samsung. No problem with that anymore. Using Jon00's network plugin for that.

                Wim
                Interesting :-) Are you using the mediacontroller PI by any chance? If so, you might be my best test subject to test WOL for me

                Comment


                • #23
                  I have been playing with the mediacontroler when I first got the TV, but I could not make it to work for me like I wanted and gave up then. But can still try a new go for it :-)

                  But I have to correct the 2017 statement... it was bought in 2017, but it is a 2016 model here, sorry. Model type ue55ks9000

                  Wim
                  -- Wim

                  Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                  650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                    I would post a zip file which contains an executable which you need to copy into the HS root directory (when HS is stopped ).
                    If you like to go back, you just click the version in the updater and the updater will have you go back to the original.
                    Did I say that you should first use the updater to install the PI to make sure that all files and subdirectories are where they should be before you overwrite the .exe explained in step 1.

                    On a different note, if you can turn the TV on using smartthing skill, I would venture that the Ethernet port says active all the time, which would mean the PI should be able to turn TV on and off.

                    Dirk
                    That sounds easy enough! Are you saying that because Wifi stays active all the time the current plugin should work or the version you're working on? The current version only shows multiscreen and player as the service types for that TV.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                      but it is a 2016 model here, sorry. Model type ue55ks9000
                      You would be an interesting test candidate
                      Spend a lot of effort to add support for this version.
                      Cheers,
                      Dirk

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                        That sounds easy enough! Are you saying that because Wifi stays active all the time the current plugin should work or the version you're working on? The current version only shows multiscreen and player as the service types for that TV.
                        Good questions. Wake on Lan can only work if the Ethernet interface, be it wired or wireless stays powered up and continues to listen/process WOL commands. In the older versions of Samsung TVs, at power off, the Ethernet interfaces would be down but interestingly enough the bluetooth interface (for their remote) remained powered up. If some (ethernet) app can now turn on the TV, it would show a change in implementation and indicates the the PI should be able to turn the TV on (barring the WOL I implemented is working ).

                        As to your question on service types, I'm a bit concerned that remote didn't show up. Maybe we should try this again with the version here attached.

                        In the attached zip are actually 3 files. The .exe should go into the HS root directory. The 2 DLL files can be placed in the HS root directory but their proper place would be <hsroot>\html\MediaController\bin

                        If you used this PI in the past and/or there are still devices, delete them first using the functions on the config page. NEVER delete any devices on the HS devicemanagement page!!

                        In case of trouble, turn the debug flag on and take traces. Use the logtodisk option which is fairly easy. If the remote doesn't show up at all, go to the config page and remove the device and add again WHILE you have debug logging on.

                        If your Samsung is a Y2015/Y2016 TV, you will have to enter a PIN. You do that on the config page, click on the getpin button and enter the PIN that shows up on your TV in the textbox right underneath the button you just clicked on.

                        Either way, let me know how it goes

                        Dirk
                        Last edited by dcorsus; May 9th, 2018, 10:17 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Dirk,


                          Thanks, will test it.
                          Dowloaded it and will play with it tomorrow. But if you would like to place the dll's in the Bin/MediaController folder, shouldn't there also be a HSPI_MediaCOntroll.exe.config file?

                          For now I'll place the DLL files in the install directory of HS, but would prefer to move it to the correct subdirectory

                          Wim
                          -- Wim

                          Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                          650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Dirk,

                            Could not resist and started the plugin here. But I cannot find the getpin button here. I am seeing the remote devices created and I pressed the create buttons button. Extra devices get created, but none are functioning. Also the device image keeps showing deactivated.

                            I saw announcement on the TV is I wanted to allow a remote to control the TV, answered positive, but still no response from the TV when I press buttons.

                            Also tested WOL, it does not work here. Jon00’s WOL does work for the TV, Will check tomorrow, thought I had configured the WOL on his plugin to use port 9....

                            Bedtime here now

                            Wim
                            Last edited by w.vuyk; May 2nd, 2018, 06:18 PM.
                            -- Wim

                            Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                            650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
                              Dirk,


                              Thanks, will test it.
                              Dowloaded it and will play with it tomorrow. But if you would like to place the dll's in the Bin/MediaController folder, shouldn't there also be a HSPI_MediaCOntroll.exe.config file?

                              For now I'll place the DLL files in the install directory of HS, but would prefer to move it to the correct subdirectory

                              Wim
                              If the MediaController was installed properly, there should have been a MediaController.exe.config file. Did you install it through the installer?

                              Need to check ....

                              Dirk

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                                If the MediaController was installed properly, there should have been a MediaController.exe.config file. Did you install it through the installer?

                                Need to check ....

                                Dirk
                                Dirk,

                                No I dowloaded the file directly as I had uninstalled it quite some time ago. I now just copied the files from the zip file and that is why the config file was missing. So not a problem really then.

                                Thanks,

                                Wim
                                -- Wim

                                Plugins:RFXCOM, HSTouch Server, Squeezebox, BLGData, Restart, Jon00's Perfmon and Network monitor, WeatherXML, BLBackup, TenScripting, BC4, Pushover, PHLocation, JowiHue, Zwave, Sonos
                                650 devices ---- 336 events ----- 40 scripts

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X