No announcement yet.

Samsung TV Y2016 and newer (series K and up) remote control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tried the link on another windows computer, got he popup again. Did not approve it (let it time out), tried the link again on same computer and got the popup again.

Also, I control the tv with smart things app on both android and iOS.

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
      Tried the link on another windows computer, got he popup again. Did not approve it (let it time out), tried the link again on same computer and got the popup again.

Also, I control the tv with smart things app on both android and iOS.
      Thanks cp1983 I see a notification in my inbox but there is no info in it. This forum I think is giving me the run around. Either way, I think I have what I need. The bad news is that I now have to go figure out how to code in SSL and I can't really test anything on Samsung. I have a Samsung Tizen Emulator but as far as I can tell, it only support TVs of vintage 2016 so I can't do debugging against it (yet).

I guess the good news might be that my LG actually offers both, SSL and no-SSL ports. I suspect in the near future LG might retire the no-SSL communication path, so for now I'm planning to use my LG to develop SSL. Once I have the principles working, I will post a debug version which hopefully you can then try.

May take a number of weeks .....

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Thanks cp1983 I see a notification in my inbox but there is no info in it. This forum I think is giving me the run around. Either way, I think I have what I need. The bad news is that I now have to go figure out how to code in SSL and I can't really test anything on Samsung. I have a Samsung Tizen Emulator but as far as I can tell, it only support TVs of vintage 2016 so I can't do debugging against it (yet).

I guess the good news might be that my LG actually offers both, SSL and no-SSL ports. I suspect in the near future LG might retire the no-SSL communication path, so for now I'm planning to use my LG to develop SSL. Once I have the principles working, I will post a debug version which hopefully you can then try.

May take a number of weeks .....

Dirk
        No worries, your work is greatly appreciated.

What is strange is that I get the popup on the TV when I use the link from chrome on my windows computer, however not on the linux box.

Christian

Comment

No worries, your work is greatly appreciated.

What is strange is that I get the popup on the TV when I use the link from chrome on my windows computer, however not on the linux box.

Christian
          Tend to agree, strange indeed. So either the IP/Mac address from the Linux box was approved/denied before and we haven't found out where it is OR there is something wrong with my implementation on Linux. Any chance to run the PI from a the same Windows computer? You would just install HS (use same code) , install PI and try.

Could you do something else? Paste this into a browser http://192.168.2.247:8002/api/v2/

Comment

Ok, updated firefox on the linux box. Now I got the confirmation when trying to connect to the tv.

The new link above did not work, however with https it did work. There were security errors though, sertificate is invalid.

Installed HS on windows, same result. No popup, and no control of the tv

Comment

Well, I never had to approve my HS Windows computer on my M series. Only iPhones running the Smartview app.
              Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
              Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

The new link above did not work, however with https it did work. There were security errors though, Certificate is invalid.
                You are correct to try with HTTPS because this is the port that expects SSL. After you approved the invalid Certificate, did it return the same info as you had on port 8001? I'm trying to figure out how to code up the flow from TV power on, to discover x y z, figure out which make and model and now going forward whether to use SSL or not.
                Coded a bunch of things up last night, close to doing a first test-drive, perhaps over the weekend.

On a different note: I start to see a bit of a pattern here. It seems the first get on http://xx.xx.xx.xx:8001/api/v2/ triggers the allow/deny. It was part of my code at some point but took it out because the returned info was of no importance to me. So the PI now goes straight to open a websocket. I suspect on older TVs, the socket gets opened and I suspect the first time you do it, also trigger the approve/deny screen. In this case, the websocket is denied straight away so I suspect therefore you never get the approve/deny screen.

..... a lot of "I suspect"

Comment

Yes, got the exact same result when using https on port 8002 as on the non secure link.​​​

Comment

Yes, got the exact same result when using https on port 8002 as on the non secure link.​​​
                    A great to know!!

Comment

cp1983

Version .039 was put in the beta section of the updater.
                      Install and try. DO put the debug flag on, leave superdebug off and leave UPNP debug level to errors only.
                      If it works, send me the log from the HS start, if it doesn't, absolutely post the log.
                      Let me know how it goes.
                      Dirk

Comment

Hi

Tried version .41, it works!! Getting popup and can accept it.

Also able to control the TV. However slight problems with turning the TV on, this works sometimes however not all the time.

Attached is the log from staring up HS to devices generated and testing of a few buttons.

I wonder if it is possible to read status from from the TV, eg which channel is active, or which input is active?

Regards,
                        christian
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Tried version .41, it works!! Getting popup and can accept it.

Also able to control the TV. However slight problems with turning the TV on, this works sometimes however not all the time.

Attached is the log from staring up HS to devices generated and testing of a few buttons.

I wonder if it is possible to read status from from the TV, eg which channel is active, or which input is active?

Regards,
                          christian
                          The trace is really awesome, will help code the next set of things. Based on what I saw, I should be able to create buttons to start apps directly. Not sure the TV sends events (LG does :-)) so we'll have to look at that some more. If at all possible, use the disk-logging capability because the HS log "eats" HTML tags so the log entries are not always accurate.

For example, can you key this into a browser and let me know the result. http://192.168.2.247:9110/ip_control

I think Samsung is publishing its mac address so we could store that and use if for Linux systems where I haven't figured out how to do ARP etc. That way we can use WOL to turn the TV on (all the time).

Thanks,

Dirk

Comment

Tried version .41
                            By the way, download the latest, as I found some issues after I began posting the SSL stuff.

Comment

Hi

Here is the ip_control result:

The attachment above was using log to disk.

<root xmlns="urn:samsung.com:device-1-0" xmlns:sec="http://www.sec.co.kr/dlna">
                              <specVersion>
                              <major>1</major>
                              <minor>0</minor>
                              </specVersion>
                              <device>
                              <deviceType>urn:samsung.com:device:IPControlServer:1</deviceType>
                              <friendlyName>[TV] Samsung Q9 Series (65)</friendlyName>
                              <manufacturer>Samsung Electronics</manufacturer>
                              <manufacturerURL>http://www.samsung.com/sec</manufacturerURL>
                              <modelDescription>Samsung TV IPControl</modelDescription>
                              <modelName>QE65Q9FNA</modelName>
                              <modelNumber>AllShare1.0</modelNumber>
                              <modelURL>http://www.samsung.com/sec</modelURL>
                              <serialNumber>0BE33SDK800920W</serialNumber>
                              <UDN>uuid:63a47519-b1ec-4091-a155-494f2875ed2a</UDN>
                              <iconList>
                              <icon>
                              <mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype>
                              <width>48</width>
                              <height>48</height>
                              <depth>24</depth>
                              <url>/icon_SML.jpg</url>
                              </icon>
                              <icon>
                              <mimetype>image/jpeg</mimetype>
                              <width>120</width>
                              <height>120</height>
                              <depth>24</depth>
                              <url>/icon_LRG.jpg</url>
                              </icon>
                              <icon>
                              <mimetype>image/png</mimetype>
                              <width>48</width>
                              <height>48</height>
                              <depth>24</depth>
                              <url>/icon_SML.png</url>
                              </icon>
                              <icon>
                              <mimetype>image/png</mimetype>
                              <width>120</width>
                              <height>120</height>
                              <depth>24</depth>
                              <url>/icon_LRG.png</url>
                              </icon>
                              </iconList>
                              <serviceList>
                              <service>
                              <serviceType>urn:samsung.com:service:IPControlService:1</serviceType>
                              <serviceId>urn:samsung.com:serviceId:IPControlService</serviceId>
                              <controlURL>/upnp/control/IPControlService1</controlURL>
                              <eventSubURL>/upnp/event/IPControlService1</eventSubURL>
                              <SCPDURL>/IPControlService1_1.xml</SCPDURL>
                              </service>
                              </serviceList>
                              <sec:X_IPControl>
                              wlanMacAddress:cc:6e:a4:d9:ab:c8,eth0MacAddress:c0:48:e6:c3: 3b:8d,supportDMR:1,DMR_UDN:uuid:395b84db-ae68-452d-b241-f947ade672c7,listenFrequency:2412,wlanFrequency:0,bssid:00:0 0:00:00:00:00,vdProductType:TV
                              </sec:X_IPControl>
                              </device>
                              </root>

Comment

cp1983
                                Thanks.
                                Been coding up adding buttons to select APPs directly. So far not found anything that sends events autonomously so the PI would know a channel change or app change or input change on the TV without polling.
                                Could you do one more display for me: http://192.168.2.247:9110/IPControlService1_1.xml

Comment

Working...
                                X