Samsung TV Y2016 and newer (series K and up) remote control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    I do not have load plugins in background selected. I am pretty sure I was using .45, it said so on the plugin page and also I got a bunch of new buttons on the remote for the Samsung TV.

Tried version .46, got same result. Connection refused, also no pop up or any way of reading the published features of the TV.

Latest log attached.

Also, after I get this connection refused I am unable to go into the plugin settings, need to restart HS to even be able to go into the Plug-In page.

Tried version .44 again with no issues.

​​​​​
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cp1983 View Post
      Hi
      I do not have load plugins in background selected. I am pretty sure I was using .45, it said so on the plugin page and also I got a bunch of new buttons on the remote for the Samsung TV.

Tried version .46, got same result. Connection refused, also no pop up or any way of reading the published features of the TV.

Latest log attached.

Also, after I get this connection refused I am unable to go into the plugin settings, need to restart HS to even be able to go into the Plug-In page.

Tried version .44 again with no issues.

​​​​​
      I think I see at least one issue ....

Don't delete the remote while the PI is still initializing. It takes about 1 minute for the PI to discover the whole network. I see the remove button asserted while the TV is still being discovered resulting in the errors in the log file, info not retrieved properly, therefore the add function doesn't do what it should.

Once removed, you may have to wait until it is rediscovered (you could turn tv on-off to make that quicker or restart the PI or wait)

If you have the app buttons than in fact the PI at some point did properly do its work.

Comment

Tried deleting all devices. Disabled plugin. Restarted homeseer and initialized plugin again.

No devices in device table. Waited for "master device" to become connected. Then the UPNP devices showed up again.

Then connected to the TV, (no pop ups on tv). Added remote buttons. Got the buttons, however still getting connection denied errors.

Latest logs attached.

Also tried restarting homeseer one more time after the log with same result, no connection.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Remote Buttons.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	1267582

Attached Files

Comment

Tried deleting all devices. Disabled plugin. Restarted homeseer and initialized plugin again.

No devices in device table. Waited for "master device" to become connected. Then the UPNP devices showed up again.

Then connected to the TV, (no pop ups on tv). Added remote buttons. Got the buttons, however still getting connection denied errors.

Latest logs attached.

Also tried restarting homeseer one more time after the log with same result, no connection.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Remote Buttons.jpg Views:	2 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	1267582
          Sorry to have wasted your time. Just found some time to meticulously work through your log and suspect some code I added to retrieve the MAC address (for WOL on Linux system) might have caused an issue.
          Try attached (again)
          I also added some code to retrieve a bit more data when "logging the whole network", any chance you can install the attached, do your regular logging because I'd be very interested to see what works now and also if you have the time, hit the "log whole network" button, zip up the searchresults and PM that to me.

Thanks so much, sorry for not figuring out I probably broke something

Comment

Hi

Still same result with latest version. Cannot control anything.

Attached is UPNP results and log.

Regards,
            Christian
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Still same result with latest version. Cannot control anything.

Attached is UPNP results and log.

Regards,
              Christian
              Got to ask again, sure the latest version is installed? Should be .47 by now. I would have expected more files in the search result zip file and I would have expected NOT to see some of the error in the log. I'm a bit dumbfounded right now ....

Comment

Seem like I accidentally installed .45 again.

Here is the log with .47

Got popup on TV accepted however could not control anything. Removed remote again, and added, then got the "old" remote with fewer buttons. Got a new popup and was able to control the tv with this remote.

Will investigate furter tomorrow.

Attached is latest logs.

Regards,
                Christian
                Attached Files

Comment

Seem like I accidentally installed .45 again.

Here is the log with .47

Got popup on TV accepted however could not control anything. Removed remote again, and added, then got the "old" remote with fewer buttons. Got a new popup and was able to control the tv with this remote.

Will investigate furter tomorrow.

Attached is latest logs.

Regards,
                  Christian
                  OK, found a few issues. I do see a disconnect at the end, I hope that was you turning the TV off else we still have at least one more issue ....
                  The UPNP log-all was very helpful. The not so good news is that Samsung is clearly dropping functions from the UPNP interface in favor of the REST interface and the Websocket interface. Translated this means that I haven't figured out a way to get status info as to which app is running, ch selected, interface selected..... Given that the Smartthings app doesn't do it either, it may be not supported right now (LG does support that in WebOS).

New version attached.

Log always welcome,

Dirk

Comment

A couple of days ago the Samsung Smart View app for iOS was updated. The changelog in the App Store is in Korean, so I'm not sure what's changed. But if it's support for newer models, maybe you can figure it out with WireShark traces?
                    Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
                    Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

Originally posted by Bernold View Post
                      A couple of days ago the Samsung Smart View app for iOS was updated. The changelog in the App Store is in Korean, so I'm not sure what's changed. But if it's support for newer models, maybe you can figure it out with WireShark traces?
                      Given that Samsung seems to have moved to enforcing SSL, no more discovering using WireShark. Only way is to decompile some of these apps OR dig it out of the Tizen source code that floats around. So far, I haven't found anything in that source beyond what is known in the (hacker) community.

Comment

Hi

Seem to be working now with version .48

Getting all apps to show up. And I can control the TV again.

Attached are the logs.

Regards,
                        Christian
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hi

Seem to be working now with version .48

Getting all apps to show up. And I can control the TV again.

Attached are the logs.

Regards,
                          Christian
                          Yeeeaaaahhhh
                          I assume selecting the apps works as well?

So what is not working:

a/ we should have icons for each app but no-one has figured out how to retrieve the info
                          b/ the reason there is a separate device for the app is that I would like to use that to show what selected on the TV but so far that might not even exists in current Samsung SW

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Yeeeaaaahhhh
                            I assume selecting the apps works as well?

So what is not working:

a/ we should have icons for each app but no-one has figured out how to retrieve the info
                            b/ the reason there is a separate device for the app is that I would like to use that to show what selected on the TV but so far that might not even exists in current Samsung SW

Dirk
                            Hi

Yees, changing apps work, really nice to go from one app to another directly.

I guess there should also be buttons for the sources, like hdmi1 -> hdmi4, and digital tv. Those are not apps but should be able to select those directly.

Icons for the sources does not matter to me.

Getting status from the tv would be great, I see it would be difficult have been looking around and not found any reference to this. Could it be possible to create an app that runs on the tv...

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Comment

Hi

Yees, changing apps work, really nice to go from one app to another directly.

I guess there should also be buttons for the sources, like hdmi1 -> hdmi4, and digital tv. Those are not apps but should be able to select those directly.

Icons for the sources does not matter to me.

Getting status from the tv would be great, I see it would be difficult have been looking around and not found any reference to this. Could it be possible to create an app that runs on the tv...

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
                              Selecting the sources, you can do with the "regular" buttons but there is no way for the PI to know what is currently selected on the TV. Most modern TVs allow customization of sources, how you name them, some allow you to control what's on that input source (ex cable box) etc.
                              I have seen some evidence that Samsung allows to retrieve a channel plan. Not sure what's in it or how to use it, you don't happen to have a channel plan do you (I think it is created by the TV when you have a cable box that's support it...).

As to your native app question .... that would solve so many things because the published API/SDK has EVERYTHING we need . What however is not clear is whether these things can run in the background, because if they can't, they would be totally useless for a remote control app.

Comment

cp1983 I think I asked before (but sometime have many concurrent chats and mix em up), if you use SmartThings or SmartView or preferably both to control the TV, does either of them show which input source the TV is set to, perhaps the channel it is set to? On a different forum, there is someone with an M-Series Samsung who states when he uses SmartThings he can see the selected input, app, channel etc. What the community of Samsung (remote control) hackers is trying to figure out is whether autonomous status updates are supported in the new model of Samsung or not and whether that works through the new (Websocket or REST) interface or via the older (UPNP) interface.
                                If anyone reading this who has a Samsung TV and you use SmartView or SmartThings, does it show actually selected input source, app, channel etc. If you can respond with model and what it does, that would be very helpful.

Comment

Working...
                                X