Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll: Who is using this plugin (MediaController), what device, what purpose?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by w.vuyk View Post
    I am using this plugin lately to control my Samsung UE55ks900 smart tv. Am using it for remote control. Would love to see text if available on this tv?

    Wim
    Samsung used to have it, not anymore .... as far as I can tell. If you find a posting or example somewhere would be happy to look at it.

    Comment


    • #17
      I have a Samsung UN32EH5300 (~2013) which I don't remember if I had to log into so I don't think it will do text, yet the odd thing is at least ~70% of the time it updates something.. I also have a Samsung UN55JS7000 (~2015) which when power up logs into my email,, I think that one can be sent messages , it's texts that it's loggin , updates completed ,, etc.. If I remember correctly it only does this within a few minutes of power up.. The text appears to be an overlay it appears to have a little bit of smarts ,, it reports the email it's used to logon.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by dem5867 View Post
        I have a Samsung UN32EH5300 (~2013) which I don't remember if I had to log into so I don't think it will do text, yet the odd thing is at least ~70% of the time it updates something.. I also have a Samsung UN55JS7000 (~2015) which when power up logs into my email,, I think that one can be sent messages , it's texts that it's loggin , updates completed ,, etc.. If I remember correctly it only does this within a few minutes of power up.. The text appears to be an overlay it appears to have a little bit of smarts ,, it reports the email it's used to logon.
        Have been googling this until my fingers bled, can't find any posting that seems to tell you how you can put message on latest Samsung TVs UNLESS you write an app that runs on the TV itself AND that you communicate with it from your mobile device. Don't know why Samsung dropped the SMS text service (I believe) post series D TVs. On the other hand, not sure who used it so I can understand as a SW dev manager why you would encourage your products guys to drop features that are not used anyway. In just a few years time, I can tell there were 3 MAJOR changes as to how you can remote control your Samsung TV (????).

        Comment


        • #19
          Samsung some nice items yet sometimes a little quirky. Like the UN32EH5300 updating only to appear to have nothing different, I believe once after updating it had a quick message about one of the apps not being supported.. My guess they dropped it because they could figure out how to turn a big (Short term.) profit on it.. Somethings are just before there time , sometimes it takes generations to accept change.. Look how long it took to get picture phones and there just starting to enter the home in the from of Alexa or Google , I'm sure I'm missing quite the few. There's a good chance if you have young grandchildren your 30 +- adults use there iphone with facetime to call grandmother or GF, they wonder my some of us still have POTS lines.. Just think what your grandchildren are going to be saying about there children using a car that drives itself so they can be using there Ihelmet to have multiple video chats going on ???

          Comment


          • #20
            I have used it to control Sony TV.

            Comment


            • #21
              Bit late in the game but I use this to control JRMC mediacenter. I have 5 music zones that I control using this plugin.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                Anyone using the message (toast) feature on LG (WebOS) TVs? Click image for larger version

Name:	Toast.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1261336
                I have an LG TV and just installed this plugin. I've added the 3 LG devices that appeared in the plugins, but cannot figure out how to use this toast feature. What am I missing?

                Thanks!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by mrceolla View Post

                  I have an LG TV and just installed this plugin. I've added the 3 LG devices that appeared in the plugins, but cannot figure out how to use this toast feature. What am I missing?

                  Thanks!
                  Check out help file. Click tools->help->MediaController, check for how to create announcements/sms/toast

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Thanks for pointing me to that help file. It will be useful. However I'm still a bit unclear on the toast feature. It sounds like I need to enter a device ID of a speaker into the config page of the Player device for my LG TV, then the TV will show whatever that speaker device is speaking. Is that correct?

                    A few things. I don't have a "Message Device IDs" text box on my LG TV's Player config screen in the plugin. It's an LG B7 OLED TV. Should I have that textbox here?

                    Is there any way to show a toast message independent of any other devices? I may want to just show a toast message and not speak anything anywhere.

                    Thanks!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                      Thanks for pointing me to that help file. It will be useful. However I'm still a bit unclear on the toast feature. It sounds like I need to enter a device ID of a speaker into the config page of the Player device for my LG TV, then the TV will show whatever that speaker device is speaking. Is that correct?

                      A few things. I don't have a "Message Device IDs" text box on my LG TV's Player config screen in the plugin. It's an LG B7 OLED TV. Should I have that textbox here?

                      Is there any way to show a toast message independent of any other devices? I may want to just show a toast message and not speak anything anywhere.

                      Thanks!
                      You create an event, select speak action, enter the text that you want to show on your TV through the toast. Click on that little airplane icon underneath it, which opens up a detailed view. In the add speaker text box, you enter $MC$<tv name goes here>$ . So if your TV (from the device table) name is LGB7 it would be $MC$LGB7$, click on ADD, close the event, click on run and it should show up on your tv, IF you registered your TV properly. Note the speaker device name is case sensitive and must be IDENTICAL to what you see or set it to in the device table.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Hello-

                        I would like to use to control Vizio D Series TVs. Please post if this is possible. It finds them on my network.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

                          You create an event, select speak action, enter the text that you want to show on your TV through the toast. Click on that little airplane icon underneath it, which opens up a detailed view. In the add speaker text box, you enter $MC$<tv name goes here>$ . So if your TV (from the device table) name is LGB7 it would be $MC$LGB7$, click on ADD, close the event, click on run and it should show up on your tv, IF you registered your TV properly. Note the speaker device name is case sensitive and must be IDENTICAL to what you see or set it to in the device table.
                          Sorry for the delay. This isn't working for me. I have a space in my "Device Given Name" if that matters. In fact I have 3 devices with the same Device Given Name of "LG OLED55B7A" (Remote, MultiScreen, Player). Should the given names be unique and if so which one should I target for toast messages?

                          I don't have an airplane icon but I have an "Edit Speaker Client List" button. This modal has an "Add" button so I tried adding "$MC$LG OLED55B7A$" and "MC:LC OLED55B7A" but neither work. HS warns me it corrects the format when I use the one with $ dollar signs. What am I doing wrong?



                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by mrceolla View Post

                            Sorry for the delay. This isn't working for me. I have a space in my "Device Given Name" if that matters. In fact I have 3 devices with the same Device Given Name of "LG OLED55B7A" (Remote, MultiScreen, Player). Should the given names be unique and if so which one should I target for toast messages?

                            I don't have an airplane icon but I have an "Edit Speaker Client List" button. This modal has an "Add" button so I tried adding "$MC$LG OLED55B7A$" and "MC:LC OLED55B7A" but neither work. HS warns me it corrects the format when I use the one with $ dollar signs. What am I doing wrong?


                            Please turn the debug flag on and manually trigger the event. Capture log and post here.
                            ALSO! Post screenshot of the device table AND event.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I think I figured it out. I created unique names and things started working. It appears I need to target the Remote device for toast messages and the Player device for TTS. Pretty cool!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                                I think I figured it out. I created unique names and things started working. It appears I need to target the Remote device for toast messages and the Player device for TTS. Pretty cool!
                                Excellent

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X