There's off button for TCL TVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's off button for TCL TVs

I have a few TCL TVs around the house and seem to have the same issue with all of them. I can turn them on and control them using this plugin, but there's off button anywhere. Is there any way to add an off button as well. They all have Roku TV built into their OS. Could that be why there's no off button?

Originally posted by jumper4000 View Post
    I have a few TCL TVs around the house and seem to have the same issue with all of them. I can turn them on and control them using this plugin, but there's off button anywhere. Is there any way to add an off button as well. They all have Roku TV built into their OS. Could that be why there's no off button?
    I just checked the Roku docs (https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdk...I-keypress/key) and they seem to mention a few buttons for TVs.

I'll add them and post a version here or on the beta section of the updater.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

I just checked the Roku docs (https://sdkdocs.roku.com/display/sdk...I-keypress/key) and they seem to mention a few buttons for TVs.

I'll add them and post a version here or on the beta section of the updater.

Dirk
      Great. Thanks so much for all the hard work. We really appreciate it.

Comment

Great. Thanks so much for all the hard work. We really appreciate it.
        Version 50 just posted in the debug section of the updater. Download and try. I also added support for playing TV channels but have no way to test it.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

Version 50 just posted in the debug section of the updater. Download and try. I also added support for playing TV channels but have no way to test it.
          I upgraded to version 50, then removed and re-added the TCL TV device, but I still don't see an Off button. Should I be doing anything else?

Comment

I upgraded to version 50, then removed and re-added the TCL TV device, but I still don't see an Off button. Should I be doing anything else?
            Can you turn debug flag on, restart PI and wait until PI is initialized and post the log. I introduced retrieving info from the Roku device to find out whether this is a TV or not. Perhaps that part isn't reliable but the log should tell me. No need to delete anything, just hit create remote buttons

Comment

Working...
            X