Samsung TV Remote Control No Longer working with new version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rsp111 View Post

Well the version that is causing me issues is 3.0.0.52, I don't remember what version I had last that was working for me, but the version may not be my issue anyway, I may have some OS Issues
    Ah, I see. You meant the version of the PI. I was thinking version of the tv
    Thanks for clarifying.
    Plugins I developed for HS4: Somfy Local, MiLight (LimitlessLED), Updates, Volvo (VoC), OpenTherm Gateway (OTGW)
    Running HS4 Pro on Windows 10 Pro on a Synology VM, with Node-RED running as a container.

Comment

So I have tried a Bran New Windows 10 VM in VMware. Installed the Latest HS 3.0.0.351, Installed the PI 3.0.0.52 via the HS Web interface, and I get the exact same results. Is there some way I could install the old version of the PI

Comment

So I have tried a Bran New Windows 10 VM in VMware. Installed the Latest HS 3.0.0.351, Installed the PI 3.0.0.52 via the HS Web interface, and I get the exact same results. Is there some way I could install the old version of the PI
        Can you turn the PI's debug flag on, turn logging to disk on, restart HS, wait until the devices show on-line in the PI's config devices table. Then try to authenticate and enter the PIN your TV provides.
        Then turn the log to disk flag off, go to the <hs root>html\MediaController\Logs subdirectory and copy/paste the log file here (or PM me).
        On a different note, how did you install HS on this new install? Was it a backup/restore of an HS database, a copy/paste of a full HS directory or everything from scratch?
        Do you manually start HS or use an autostart mechanism? If yes, did you specify a working directory and/or running it as administrator.
        What other PIs are active? Any added recently?

As to your question on previous version, I can post a zip here with all the files but that would mean you need to copy files in the right subdirectory yourself. Can't think of any way to install previous version using installer.

Comment

On a different note, how did you install HS on this new install? Everything From Scratch, Downloaded HS from HS Website, Installed, Licensed with my license, Installed the Mediacontroller PI from the HS Web interface, turned the PI's debug flag on, turn logging to disk on, restart HS, wait until the devices show on-line in the PI's config devices table. Then tried to authenticate and enter the PIN my TV provides.

Do you manually start HS or use an autostart mechanism? Logged in Windows user is an administrator, Manually started it from the shortcut on the desktop, and also tried right clicking on shortcut and specifying to run as administrator.

What other PIs are active? Any added recently? No other PI's even installed, Fresh install of HS

As to your question on previous version, I can post a zip here with all the files but that would mean you need to copy files in the right subdirectory yourself. Can't think of any way to install previous version using installer. Yes I am willing to do the manual install as long as you provide some instruction on to where to place the files

Attached Files

Comment

On a different note, how did you install HS on this new install? Everything From Scratch, Downloaded HS from HS Website, Installed, Licensed with my license, Installed the Mediacontroller PI from the HS Web interface, turned the PI's debug flag on, turn logging to disk on, restart HS, wait until the devices show on-line in the PI's config devices table. Then tried to authenticate and enter the PIN my TV provides.

Do you manually start HS or use an autostart mechanism? Logged in Windows user is an administrator, Manually started it from the shortcut on the desktop, and also tried right clicking on shortcut and specifying to run as administrator.

What other PIs are active? Any added recently? No other PI's even installed, Fresh install of HS

As to your question on previous version, I can post a zip here with all the files but that would mean you need to copy files in the right subdirectory yourself. Can't think of any way to install previous version using installer. Yes I am willing to do the manual install as long as you provide some instruction on to where to place the files
            Before you try anything, the shortcut you have, does it specify starting HS with a specific work directory (ie "starts in") which is different from the HS root directory?

Could you try something else second? Could you copy the MediaControllerCrypto.dll from the HS root directory into <HS Root>\html\MediaController\bin. Do this when HS3 is not running. Start it all, still error on DLL?

The files of importance are attached here, but would hope you can try the above first. In the attached zip, you find the HSPI_MediaController.exe and xx.exe.config files which go into the HS root directory. What's in the BIN directory goes into <hs root>\html\MediaController\bin

Let me know how it goes,

Dirk
            Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Still Has DLL Error
                Attached Files

Comment

So installed the old version, Works like a charm

Comment

Do you still have the VM where it doesn't work (your win7)? If so do you want to help me and run (install) ProcMon and find out what happens when the PI is trying to load the DLL?
                    If you use ProcMon add a filter on "path" "contains" "MediaControllerCrypto". Curios if it log errors or if it actually looks in the right directory.
                    Still trying to make it fail on my setup, no joy so far

Comment

Well I put your old PI Version on the Windows 7 VM, but I will use the Windows 10 vm to do this testing. I have not used this procmon before so bear with me.

Comment

Procmon Log File, definitely has some errors, not exactly sure what they mean
                        Attached Files

Comment

One thing it shows is that it indeed finds the .dll, also have no idea what the errors are but see same in my log.
                          Two things I'm pursuing:
                          1/ there is something strange about the config. If I place the MediaControllerCrypto in the html/MediaController/bin than the .dll cannot be found on my system either, despite the .config file having a path to it. This .config is same for version .50 and .52 and somehow it finds the dlls associated with version .50 properly but not for this dll. I'll focus on that on my setup, might be a total red herring though.
                          2/ now starting to think, maybe there is nothing wrong with loading the dll but problem is in the execution of the called procedure. No idea where to look there yet

Thanks for log and assistance,

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                          X