Mediacontroller and JRMC Mediacenter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mediacontroller and JRMC Mediacenter

Got a bit of an issue here and not sure what I am doing wrong. I have homeseer and JRMC running on the same computer. I have 5 music zones which I control with hstouch. This all works fine, rock solid. I have another JRMC running on a separate computer that I want to control. I can enable the remote player and create devices. I can control them all with homeseer, so far so good. Now here is the problem. As soon as I have to restart the computer or restart the mediacontroller plugin I loose connection between the player and my devices. The config page shows the player is alive but it has a red cross (not good). To fix this I have to delete the player and add it again, regenerate the devices. After doing this I can control the remote player again until another restart of the plugin.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
    Marcel

Originally posted by MdeMan View Post
    Got a bit of an issue here and not sure what I am doing wrong. I have homeseer and JRMC running on the same computer. I have 5 music zones which I control with hstouch. This all works fine, rock solid. I have another JRMC running on a separate computer that I want to control. I can enable the remote player and create devices. I can control them all with homeseer, so far so good. Now here is the problem. As soon as I have to restart the computer or restart the mediacontroller plugin I loose connection between the player and my devices. The config page shows the player is alive but it has a red cross (not good). To fix this I have to delete the player and add it again, regenerate the devices. After doing this I can control the remote player again until another restart of the plugin.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
    Marcel
    Could you post some screenshots of the player table.
    Also, can you turn the debug flag on (not superdebug!), turn log to disk on, make sure your remote JRMC device is up and running and restart HS, wait until all is initialized (could take few minutes), turn log to disk OFF, now copy log from <hs root>\html\MediaController\Logs to this forum.

One thing to look for, in the player table table, do you see "other" copies of that remote JMRC device, in other words, it shows up with other UDNs?
    Last but not least, is this a windows machine? If so, do you have given proper allowance for the PI for the firewall, same for JRMC on remote PC?

Comment

Cannot believe this trying to make this work for weeks. Trying to capture debug data and now it doesn't fail. The only change is the debug flag on but when I turn it back off it still works.

Very confused but happy it is working. Will capture data if it comes back.

Thanks
      Marcel

Comment

Never mind I found what the problem was, self inflicted and pretty stupid. Looking at the debug log I noticed that the missing player was not in the device list. Started thinking and realized that every time I added the player I would delete one device that always had a question mark in it (thought it was not used). I guess this one was used to identify the homeseer device.

Working fine after not deleting this device.

Regards
        Marcel

Comment

Mdeman
          are you able to browse your music collection and add songs to Que and create playlists.
          i love Jrivers but there is no decent MEDIA.API in Hstouch to do this or am i missing something.

Paul.

Comment

Hello Paul,

You are correct I can only control playback. Wish there was an API to do this but there isn't. If I want to manipulate the queue I switch to Gizmo.

Marcel

Comment

Originally posted by MdeMan View Post
              Hello Paul,

You are correct I can only control playback. Wish there was an API to do this but there isn't. If I want to manipulate the queue I switch to Gizmo.

Marcel
              If you search the forum, there are some user(s) that have implemented the playercontrol UI parts as iFrames into HSTouch and navigate and select content that way.
              Dirk

Comment

Working...
              X