Sony TV Pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony TV Pin

Just installed the plugin and haven't gone around to test things out yet.
    The Sony TV came back with Authenticate and when i click it, i need to give a pin...
    where can i get the pin? gonna go upstairs and look through the tv menu...

Click image for larger version

Name:	MediaController.png
Views:	400
Size:	453.9 KB
ID:	1341456
    HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Originally posted by TeleFragger View Post
    Just installed the plugin and haven't gone around to test things out yet.
    The Sony TV came back with Authenticate and when i click it, i need to give a pin...
    where can i get the pin? gonna go upstairs and look through the tv menu...

Name:	MediaController.png
Views:	400
Size:	453.9 KB
ID:	1341456
    It has been a while since I coded this up and I don’t have a Sony TV anymore. Seem to recall when you click on authenticate, a pop up would appear on the tv with a number that you then use in the pi to authenticate.
    Do some searching on this forum for Sony and check the help file (not at home or in front of my code)

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post

It has been a while since I coded this up and I don’t have a Sony TV anymore. Seem to recall when you click on authenticate, a pop up would appear on the tv with a number that you then use in the pi to authenticate.
      Do some searching on this forum for Sony and check the help file (not at home or in front of my code)
      thx...
      yeah.. I thought it would pop up on tv but it didn't... all good.. ill play around and search later. appreciate it.

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

thx...
        yeah.. I thought it would pop up on tv but it didn't... all good.. ill play around and search later. appreciate it.
        alan_smithee helped a bunch to get Sony TV working with the PI.

Here are some links but you can find more

https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...on-sony-remote
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...5x940d-control
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/me...ff-not-working

Comment

In case you haven't found the on-line help On the new Sony devices:

Open the config page and behind your device, there will be a button labelled “Authenticate”.

Name:	image061.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1341570

When you click on it a PIN entry window will appear.

Name:	image062.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1341571

First time leave the PIN blank and just click “Submit”. When you click it, make sure your TV is turned on! A popup screen will appear on your TV

Name:	image063.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1341572

Now click on Authenticate again and enter the PIN number in the PIN Entry box and hit Submit. After that, the TV should remain Authenticated. If for some reason the remote function stops working or the state is On-Line-Not-Authenticated, repeat this process. After the Authentication is successful, click on the “Create Remote Buttons” to get your buttons populated. If you don’t like the devices, go to the HS Device Management page, click on the hyperlinked name of your remote device, click on the “Status Graphics” tab and you can now either delete a button, or change its row/column. DO NOT CHANGE the value!

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
            In case you haven't found the on-line help On the new Sony devices:

Open the config page and behind your device, there will be a button labelled “Authenticate”.

Name:	image061.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	1341570

When you click on it a PIN entry window will appear.

Name:	image062.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	1341571

First time leave the PIN blank and just click “Submit”. When you click it, make sure your TV is turned on! A popup screen will appear on your TV

Name:	image063.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	27.0 KB
ID:	1341572

Now click on Authenticate again and enter the PIN number in the PIN Entry box and hit Submit. After that, the TV should remain Authenticated. If for some reason the remote function stops working or the state is On-Line-Not-Authenticated, repeat this process. After the Authentication is successful, click on the “Create Remote Buttons” to get your buttons populated. If you don’t like the devices, go to the HS Device Management page, click on the hyperlinked name of your remote device, click on the “Status Graphics” tab and you can now either delete a button, or change its row/column. DO NOT CHANGE the value!
            yeah I was busy... but that worked!!!!!! THX

Comment

yeah I was busy... but that worked!!!!!! THX
              Please post experience, not sure how many people know this PI support Samsung, Sony, Roku, Onkyo nor that it matches their expectation. On the fence what I should do with this PI when going to HS4.

Comment

I will... this weekend!
                I have to get my samsung tv plugged into the network (old 2009 smart tv), and power on the apple 4k and add them. then will run around to the different items and look at what is there.

I can say that my Sony, did not respond to volume up or down on one of the screens but did on another...
                also some have activate/deactivate and WOL
                no Volume up or down. My AT&T Live Tv box is the beta box from At&t and is an android box.
                https://www.allconnect.com/blog/att-tv-streaming-box-beta-test

Name:	MController1.png
Views:	272
Size:	295.7 KB
ID:	1341751

Name:	MController2.png
Views:	176
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	1341752

Name:	MController3.png
Views:	194
Size:	195.3 KB
ID:	1341753

for me my uses are simple...
                turn on / off
                volume up / down
                while all the other stuff is cool, i dont use hstouch (maybe someday) and dont need all the screens.

so maybe in the future, will do WOL, change channel and put news on.. but im up and out the door in 10 minutes so i have no need really for that...

Comment

Working...
                X