TTS Speaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TTS Speaker?

I'm assuming this plugin will allow local TTS messages over a DLNA wireless speaker?

Any suggestions on what speaker works best?

Not sure I would recommend you to go hunt for a DLNA wireless speaker, if I was to start over, I think PIs for Chromecast or other devices you might already have, that's what I would recommend. It is my opinion that DLNA might be on its way out. I used to have a wireless Sony speaker which I thought was awesome but that was many years ago and when I walk the hallways of FRYs, there used to be isles full of DLNA streaming devices, nowadays not so much anymore. Everyone streams to Amazon, Sonos, Apple or Google devices (and I'm sure a ton of other voice assisted devices).

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
      Not sure I would recommend you to go hunt for a DLNA wireless speaker, if I was to start over, I think PIs for Chromecast or other devices you might already have, that's what I would recommend. It is my opinion that DLNA might be on its way out. I used to have a wireless Sony speaker which I thought was awesome but that was many years ago and when I walk the hallways of FRYs, there used to be isles full of DLNA streaming devices, nowadays not so much anymore. Everyone streams to Amazon, Sonos, Apple or Google devices (and I'm sure a ton of other voice assisted devices).
      Fair enough, but is there a write up on how to implement this under Homeseer? Using a DLNA speaker?

I came across a couple speakers.

- Fabriq Riff
      - eufy speakers

Comment

Originally posted by mik3y View Post

Fair enough, but is there a write up on how to implement this under Homeseer? Using a DLNA speaker?

I came across a couple speakers.

- Fabriq Riff
        - eufy speakers
        Wrt DLNA, If you install the Mediacontroller PI, there is an embedded help file you get to by clicking on Tools->Help->Mediacontroller or search this forum, plenty of postings on TTS.

Comment

Working...
        X