Remote Status not updating when on HDMI inputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remote Status not updating when on HDMI inputs

I have a newer, LG UQ8000 TV with WebOS. I'm pleased to report it seems to work with this plugin. Mostly. The problem is in regard to the Remote device's Status sub-device that shows which input or app you're currently using. All of the buttons are working from HS as far as affecting the TV. However, HomeSeer never shows when the TV is on one of the HDMI inputs. These inputs were placed at value 300 and 301 in the Status/Graphics section. The buttons work and change the TV, but the value showing in HomeSeer does not change.

I have an LG B7 TV which does not exhibit this problem.

Any ideas?

HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
    I have a newer, LG UQ8000 TV with WebOS. I'm pleased to report it seems to work with this plugin. Mostly. The problem is in regard to the Remote device's Status sub-device that shows which input or app you're currently using. All of the buttons are working from HS as far as affecting the TV. However, HomeSeer never shows when the TV is on one of the HDMI inputs. These inputs were placed at value 300 and 301 in the Status/Graphics section. The buttons work and change the TV, but the value showing in HomeSeer does not change.

I have an LG B7 TV which does not exhibit this problem.

Any ideas?
    Can you set the plugin logging to "Errors and events" and change the input, capture the log and post it.
    It could be helpful to capture a log from the start up of the PI and/or when the TV is powered up and the PI retrieves all info.

Comment

Thank you for your reply and willingness to help!

I just sent you a MediaControllerDebug.txt file via Private Message.

Note, I am using HS4. I performed the following steps:
      • enable logging of Errors and Events to a file
      • disable MediaController plugin, then enabled it
      • with the TV input on HDMI 1 (aka MediaPortal), but HomeSeer showing the input/status as "Apps", I controlled the TV via HomeSeer by:
        • pressing the HDMI 1 input button in HS, no change since already on HDMI 1
        • then pressing the HDMI 2 (Chromecast) input button in HS, TV changed inputs, but HS did not update
        • then pressing the Netflix button in HS, TV launched Netflix, HS was updated from "Apps" to "Netflix"
        • then pressing the HDMI 1 input button again, TV change to HDMI 1, but HS remained showing Netflix
      • I then controlled the TV via the physical remote and on-screen GUI of the TV. I performed similar steps with the TV already on HDMI 1:
        • selected HDMI input 1 again, no change since already on HDMI 1
        • then selecting HDMI 2, TV changed to HDMI 2 but HS did not update to show that. Still showing Netflix
        • then selected Netflix, TV changed to Netflix, no change in HS since already showing Netflix
        • then selected HDMI input 1 again, TV changed to HDMI 1 but HS did not update. Still showing Netflix
      I forgot to power up the TV during debug logging. If you would like me to capture that as well please let me know.

Note, on my other LG TV where this appears to be working correctly, the physical inputs that I actually use appear to be duplicated in the plugin. Please see attached. I added this TV to the plugin a long time ago and there have been numerous WebOS update since then. I also recently did a "Create Remote Buttons" after adding Disney+.

Anyway, "PC" and "HDMI 1" are the two physical inputs I use and they are listed in there twice. The first 2 instances have values in the 100s. The second two instances have values in the 300s. When the input/status device shows PC or HDMI 1, the device is set to one of the values in the 100s. All values in the 100s have status graphics associated with them, but none of the 300s have graphics. I tried adding graphics but that didn't help.

Please let me know if I can provide anything else.
      Attached Files
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Just looked at the log, i do see the events, maybe not all, too much info in that log.
        Suggest you set the UPNP logging level to errors only!
        Do a search in your log for keyword foregroundapp_0
        Now do some input changes, do you see this entry showing up each time you change a channel?
        Now go to the <hsroot directory>\config\MediaController_RemoteControl.ini file and look for the section that is the UDN of you TV. Now look for an entry that is equal to the appid that you saw in the log entries capture above.

Example (note the appId that needs to match with an entry in the .ini file):
        6/6/2022 8:14:26 PM

Legacy-Plugin
        MC
        HandleLGDataReceived called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65E7P and Data = {"type":"response","id":"foregroundapp_0","payload":{"sub scr ibed":true,"appId":"com.webos.app.hdmi1","returnValue":true, "windowId":"","processId":""}}

6/6/2022 8:14:08 PM

Legacy-Plugin
        MC
        HandleLGDataReceived called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65E7P and Data = {"type":"response","id":"foregroundapp_0","payload":{"sub scr ibed":true,"appId":"com.webos.app.hdmi3","returnValue":true, "windowId":"","processId":""}}

6/6/2022 8:13:56 PM

Legacy-Plugin
        MC
        HandleLGDataReceived called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65E7P and Data = {"type":"response","id":"foregroundapp_0","payload":{"sub scr ibed":true,"appId":"com.webos.app.hdmi1","returnValue":true, "windowId":"","processId":""}}

6/6/2022 8:12:13 PM

Legacy-Plugin
        MC
        HandleLGDataReceived called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65E7P and Data = {"type":"response","id":"foregroundapp_0","payload":{"sub scr ibed":true,"appId":"com.webos.app.hdmi3","returnValue":true, "windowId":"","processId":""}}

6/6/2022 8:11:32 PM

Legacy-Plugin
        MC

6/6/2022 8:11:24 PM

Legacy-Plugin
        MC
        HandleLGDataReceived called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65E7P and Data = {"type":"response","id":"foregroundapp_0","payload":{"sub scr ibed":true,"appId":"com.webos.app.hdmi2","returnValue":true, "windowId":"","processId":""}}

6/6/2022 8:11:04 PM

Legacy-Plugin
        MC

6/6/2022 8:10:30 PM

Legacy-Plugin
        MC
        HandleLGDataReceived called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65E7P and Data = {"type":"response","id":"foregroundapp_0","payload":{"sub scr ibed":true,"appId":"netflix","returnValue":true,"windowId":" ","processId":""}}

6/6/2022 8:09:46 PM

Legacy-Plugin
        MC
        HandleLGDataReceived called for Device = [LG] webOS TV OLED65E7P and Data = {"type":"response","id":"foregroundapp_0","payload":{"app Id" :"com.webos.app.hdmi1","subscribed":true,"returnValue":tr ue, "windowId":"","processId":""}}

6/6/2022 8:09:45 PM

Legacy-Plugin
        MC
        LGSendCommand called for device - [LG] webOS TV OLED65E7P with Prefix = foregroundapp_0, MsgType = subscribe, URI = ssap://com.webos.applicationManager/getForegroundAppInfo, Payload =

Comment

Thank you again for your reply and help.

After searching the debug, I see similar entries that you have with com.webos.app.hdmi1 and com.webos.app.hdmi2 in them. The entries for these inputs in the Remote ini file lack this app Id, an no entries for this app id exist for this particular TV.

[100-122 omitted]

300=MediaPortal:;:-:LGsetinput:;:-:1:;:-:1:;:-:HDMI_1:;:-:1:;:-:LGDeviceImage_2df441c1-789e-5697-09e1-a3eb02ab085a_0
          301=Chromecast:;:-:LGsetinput:;:-:1:;:-:2:;:-:HDMI_2:;:-:2:;:-:LGDeviceImage_2df441c1-789e-5697-09e1-a3eb02ab085a_1

Note the LGsetinput value instead of LGlaunch. For my other TV that does correctly show HDMI 1 or HDMI 2, the entries look like this:

[100-108 omitted]

109=PC:;:-:LGlaunch:;:-:2:;:-:4:;:-:com.webos.app.hdmi2:;:-:113035:;:-:LGAppImage_26157b8c-aeaa-76dc-3e0f-cdd39340c4a3_9
          110=HDMI1:;:-:LGlaunch:;:-:2:;:-:5:;:-:com.webos.app.hdmi1:;:-:98472:;:-:LGAppImage_26157b8c-aeaa-76dc-3e0f-cdd39340c4a3_10

[111-126 omitted]

300=AV:;:-:LGsetinput:;:-:1:;:-:1:;:-:AV_1:;:-:1:;:-:LGDeviceImage_26157b8c-aeaa-76dc-3e0f-cdd39340c4a3_0
          301=HDMI1:;:-:LGsetinput:;:-:1:;:-:2:;:-:HDMI_1:;:-:1:;:-:LGDeviceImage_26157b8c-aeaa-76dc-3e0f-cdd39340c4a3_1
          302=PC:;:-:LGsetinput:;:-:1:;:-:3:;:-:HDMI_2:;:-:2:;:-:LGDeviceImage_26157b8c-aeaa-76dc-3e0f-cdd39340c4a3_2
          303=HDMI3:;:-:LGsetinput:;:-:1:;:-:4:;:-:HDMI_3:;:-:3:;:-:LGDeviceImage_26157b8c-aeaa-76dc-3e0f-cdd39340c4a3_3
          304=HDMI4:;:-:LGsetinput:;:-:1:;:-:5:;:-:HDMI_4:;:-:4:;:-:LGDeviceImage_26157b8c-aeaa-76dc-3e0f-cdd39340c4a3_4

Does this information tell you anything useful?

Thanks!

Comment

did you do this?

Do a search in your log for keyword foregroundapp_0
            Now do some input changes, do you see this entry showing up each time you change the input?

If you see the event, does the device update (make sure your browser is updating, in case of doubt refresh)

Comment

I'm a bit confused by your questions. Yes, I searched my logs for foregroundapp_0. Those logs contained input changes, initiated via HS and via the TV. I see entries each time. The browser does not update for HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 no matter how I control, but does for Netflix no matter how I control. Yes I've refreshed.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information. Perhaps I should recapture logs with UPnP set to Error? Should I send my ini files?

Comment

post those log entries (when you switch between netflix and hdmi1, netflix hdmi2, hdmi1 to hdmi2), thanks.

Comment

Thank you so much! I've sent a new log file via PM. I performed the same steps as outlined earlier. First controlling via HS, then controlling via the TV's physical remote.

Please let me know if I can provide anything else.

Comment

Looking at logs now. Would you mind to PM me your mediacontroller_remotecontrol.ini file.

Comment

Sent, thank you!

Comment

mrceolla Just posted version .70 in the beta section of the updater. You have to click on "retrieve app, channel ..." and "recreate remote buttons" and then try again and let me know outcome.

Comment

Apologies for my delay. I was finally able to test the .70 version and it does appear to solve my problem. HomeSeer correctly showed the input change when I changed via the physical TV remote. Thank you very much! It shows the default HS gear icon instead of the icon I've associated with the input, but I don't care much about that. I did press "retrieve..." and "create..." in that order. It shows the correct, text value which is the important thing.

Again, thank you very much!

Comment

Working...
                          X