Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repeated appearance of permissions authorization on TV

In case I'm not too late...

I have an LG B7 and C2 that are regularly asking me if I want to allow a remote device access to control the TV. I forget the exact verbiage. I see these two log entries around the time I see the message on the TV:
    ConnectionManagerCallBack added for device = LG OLED65C2PUA Player
    AvTransportCallback added for device = LG OLED65C2PUA Player

I don't have debug logs for these occurrences since they're so random. ​It's been going on for 3+ months I think. Could be firmware update related. I don't expect any updates to the plugin of course. Just hoping there's something simple I can do to prevent this.

Also curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

Thanks!
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

No idea to be honest. As far as I recall, there is no timeout associated with LG TVs and how long the token you receive is valid. The token is stored in the .ini file, so if that get corrupted or inaccessible , not having a token will trigger asking for one, which I'm sure will trigger that pop-up window on your TV to confirm. I don't know whether the TV keeps track from which IP address or MAC address the token was assigned to (Samsung does it that way), if they do, if you change the IP address on your HS server (maybe a VM or container or dynamic MAC), that could be the case. As you wrote, maybe a FW upgrade on the TV.

Do you see these entries in the .ini file?

diSecWebSocketKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    diAdminStateRemote=True
    diLGClientKey=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx​

Comment

Thank you for your reply! I was hoping for but not expecting one.

As I was about to reply to this it happened again. These entries were in the log.

12/13/2022 11:31:12 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      MC Warning
      Reachable called for UPnPDevice LG OLED65C2PUA Remote which is not reachable anymore and set Off-line​

12/13/2022 11:30:52 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      MC
      IPAddress for UPnPDevice = LG OLED65C2PUA Remote has changed. Old = 192.168.1.52. New =

12/13/2022 11:26:34 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      MC Warning
      Reachable called for UPnPDevice LG OLED65C2PUA MultiScreen which is not reachable anymore and set Off-line​

12/13/2022 11:26:14 PM
      Legacy-Plugin
      MC
      IPAddress for UPnPDevice = LG OLED65C2PUA MultiScreen has changed. Old = 192.168.1.52. New =​

This is while the TV was on. MultiScreen seems to re-establish itself without issue, but Remote seems to trigger that security warning on the TV. I am unsure why they would change to offline while the TV is on. The TVs are hard wired. Even still, I don't understand how a network glitch would cause the security warning to keep reappearing. I do have the IP addresses reserved for the TVs and HomeSeer machine, so they never change.

The keys you mention appear in my ini file 3 times. Presumably for the 3 LG TVs I have connected to the plugin. diSecWebSockeyKey and diAdminStateRemote=True are the same for all 3 entries. diLGClientKey is different for each entry.

I had accepted the security warning before finally opening the ini file, so I'm not sure if the entry had been blank, but that would seem odd.

Any other thoughts? And feel free to not reply. I know you want to end this sort of thing.

Again, curious to hear if any other LG TV users are experiencing this with this plugin.
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
        Thank you for your reply! I was hoping for but not expecting one.

As I was about to reply to this it happened again. These entries were in the log.

12/13/2022 11:31:12 PM
        Legacy-Plugin
        MC Warning
        Reachable called for UPnPDevice LG OLED65C2PUA Remote which is not reachable anymore and set Off-line​

12/13/2022 11:30:52 PM
        Legacy-Plugin
        MC
        IPAddress for UPnPDevice = LG OLED65C2PUA Remote has changed. Old = 192.168.1.52. New =

12/13/2022 11:26:34 PM
        Legacy-Plugin
        MC Warning
        Reachable called for UPnPDevice LG OLED65C2PUA MultiScreen which is not reachable anymore and set Off-line​

12/13/2022 11:26:14 PM
        Legacy-Plugin
        MC
        IPAddress for UPnPDevice = LG OLED65C2PUA MultiScreen has changed. Old = 192.168.1.52. New =​

This is while the TV was on. MultiScreen seems to re-establish itself without issue, but Remote seems to trigger that security warning on the TV. I am unsure why they would change to offline while the TV is on. The TVs are hard wired. Even still, I don't understand how a network glitch would cause the security warning to keep reappearing. I do have the IP addresses reserved for the TVs and HomeSeer machine, so they never change.

The keys you mention appear in my ini file 3 times. Presumably for the 3 LG TVs I have connected to the plugin. diSecWebSockeyKey and diAdminStateRemote=True are the same for all 3 entries. diLGClientKey is different for each entry.

I had accepted the security warning before finally opening the ini file, so I'm not sure if the entry had been blank, but that would seem odd.

Any other thoughts? And feel free to not reply. I know you want to end this sort of thing.

Again, curious to hear if any other LG TV users are experiencing this with this plugin.
        Can you set the debug level to "errors and events", but leave UPNP debug level to errors only.
        Do check your firewall to make sure autonomous "alive" UPNP messages come through. Do you have (managed) switches between the HS PC and your TV? If you do, you should check your IGMP snooping and multicast settings on the switch (or your network appliances). If the multicast (alive) message doesn't come through, the PI will assume the device to be powered down. Now it seems they do get (re)discovered, so that could mean you "lost" a few, and that will have the remote come active again. I'll look at the code to make sure there is no error why this would trigger a reauthentication as opposed to just reconnect.

A log would help

Comment

You have 3 LG TVs, do you see this on all 3 or one specific?

Comment

Thank you again for your reply! I will try to capture that additional information soon, but in the meantime I wanted to let you know that it is for sure happening on two of the televisions. The third one is rarely used but I am testing it right now to see if it happens there as well. I will report back if it is in fact all three or just the two.

Comment

Thank you again for your reply! I will try to capture that additional information soon, but in the meantime I wanted to let you know that it is for sure happening on two of the televisions. The third one is rarely used but I am testing it right now to see if it happens there as well. I will report back if it is in fact all three or just the two.
              recommend you enable the "log to disk", and let it be. There shouldn't be too much logging from the MC PI. If it doesn't happen say within a week or more, you can always "reset" the disk log file by simply, unclicking it and enabling it again, that will start the log file from fresh.

Comment

I'm currently doing a little experiment with my LG TV (disconnect it from network) to see if I can re-create your issue

Comment

Yes I can confirm it is happening on all three LG televisions. Unfortunately I think I started the debug logging seconds after it had just occurred but I will double check the log file when I can sit down at the computer in an hour or two

Comment

Try assigning a IP address using DHCP IP address reservations in your router or even better assign each TV a static IP address on the TV itself (assuming it allows you to do that). I had a Samsung TV that would randomly fail to renewal a DHCP IP address and would sit there for hours with no IP address. If I waited long enough it would renew.
                    "if I have seen further [than others], it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." --Sir Isaac Newton (1675)

Comment

Originally posted by kenm View Post
                      Try assigning a IP address using DHCP IP address reservations in your router or even better assign each TV a static IP address on the TV itself (assuming it allows you to do that). I had a Samsung TV that would randomly fail to renewal a DHCP IP address and would sit there for hours with no IP address. If I waited long enough it would renew.
                      Thank you for the tip. I have already reserved the IP address on the router. I could try manually setting it on the TV too to see if that helps.

I checked the debug log and I was in fact just seconds late to capture the entire event. It happens often enough I shouldn't have to wait too long for it to happen again. I will wait to send the debug log until then. Would you like to see the INI files too?

I have a Netgear Nighthawk RAX50 router and some unmanaged switches. All of the TVs have a slightly different path to HS. I do not see any settings in my router relating to IGMP or Multicast. That said I've had this router for a long time, no other hardware configurations have changed that I can think of, and this problem is relatively new, so I don't THINK the problem is network related. When I turn the TV on I am not greeted with that permissions confirmation right away and the PI Remote device reconnects just fine. The problem is random. So confusing.

I know logs are best. Just wanted to get this info out there. I'm watching the C2 right now and usually see it at least once a night on this TV so hopefully I will have a log to send soon.

Comment

Of course I say that and it doesn't happen. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

Of course I say that and it doesn't happen. I'll try again tomorrow.

Comment

I'm going to send you a log file via PM right now because I'm paranoid like that.

This log doesn't capture a Remote permission confirmation event, but it does capture a Player device going offline and back online by itself. Maybe not useful for the main problem at hand.

It happened at 8:05pm ish.

I'll keep logging to file while watching television to try to capture the Remote permission thing. Debug logging is blowing up my HS logs!

Comment

wow, the log is full with errors , what's up with that? Can you leave the logging on, especially the logging to disk and restart the PI or HS and post me that log. Either things got corrupted (memory/objects) somehow, or we have some corruption between .ini info and HS devices. Ever deleted devices manually from the HS devices page or perhaps some copy from one system to another .. or restoration of something?
                              When your restart the PI can you make sure your TVs are on. Would be curious to see if the problem reappears after a restart

Comment

Working...
                              X