Issue on Startup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue on Startup

When the DLNA plugin loads during HS Pro startup, HS Crashes (not responding) and I see four minimized windows/dialogs appear at the bottom of my screen. Clicking on one the ususally bluescreens the system. Closing Homeseer makes them go away. Any ideas? When I pull the DLNA plugin out of the HS PRo folder, HS pro starts normally. Any Ideas?

I'm currnely running Pro .74 but it did it on .55 and .73 as well.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Originally posted by jfryhling View Post
    When the DLNA plugin loads during HS Pro startup, HS Crashes (not responding) and I see four minimized windows/dialogs appear at the bottom of my screen. Clicking on one the ususally bluescreens the system. Closing Homeseer makes them go away. Any ideas? When I pull the DLNA plugin out of the HS PRo folder, HS pro starts normally. Any Ideas?

I'm currnely running Pro .74 but it did it on .55 and .73 as well.
    What OS are you running? The only thing I can think off that cause this kind of behavior is issues with the UPNP COM object that is part of windows but not all versions ..... or might be not running (check services SSDP and UPNP).

Dirk

Comment

running Win 7 Ultimate 64bit. I'll check UPNP and SSDP services

Comment

Both services are running. For grins I had HS start with the plugin disabled. It loaded fine. Then I re-enabled DLNA... it initialized OK.

Comment

Both services are running. For grins I had HS start with the plugin disabled. It loaded fine. Then I re-enabled DLNA... it initialized OK.
          Are you running HS as a service?

Comment

Nope..running as an application.... Event view logs report the following.

Faulting application name: HomeSeer.exe, version: 2.5.0.75, time stamp: 0x50ddf73c
            Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17965, time stamp: 0x506dbe50
            Exception code: 0xc000008f
            Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
            Faulting process id: 0x%9
            Faulting application start time: 0x%10
            Faulting application path: %11
            Faulting module path: %12
            Report Id: %13

Comment

Nope..running as an application.... Event view logs report the following.

Faulting application name: HomeSeer.exe, version: 2.5.0.75, time stamp: 0x50ddf73c
              Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17965, time stamp: 0x506dbe50
              Exception code: 0xc000008f
              Fault offset: 0x0000c41f
              Faulting process id: 0x%9
              Faulting application start time: 0x%10
              Faulting application path: %11
              Faulting module path: %12
              Report Id: %13
              Doesn't say a lot ....

If you stop/restart HS, does it come back?
              If it does, can you turn logging on for the plugin and set HS to log to disk. Let HS crash, check what the last log entry in the log file is and post that. If you have logging to disk on, you probably already have the info in the older log-files.

Happy New-Year.

Dirk

Comment

It happens everytime I start HS with DLNA enabled. The log entry immediately prior to the crash is from a different Plug in (Onkyo-Integra plug in) Right after it finisihes loading/connecting with receivers, hs implodes with four minmized dialog boxes in the bottom of the screen. if I remove DLNA or start with it disabled, HS loads and runs fine. and if I boot with it disabled and enable it...it seems to run fine. Puzzling.

Happy new year. No need to waste your day working on this. Enjoy your familiy. I can live without DLNA for a while. I will say that when it was working, I loved it.

- Jim -

Comment

It happens everytime I start HS with DLNA enabled. The log entry immediately prior to the crash is from a different Plug in (Onkyo-Integra plug in) Right after it finisihes loading/connecting with receivers, hs implodes with four minmized dialog boxes in the bottom of the screen. if I remove DLNA or start with it disabled, HS loads and runs fine. and if I boot with it disabled and enable it...it seems to run fine. Puzzling.

Happy new year. No need to waste your day working on this. Enjoy your familiy. I can live without DLNA for a while. I will say that when it was working, I loved it.

- Jim -
                  Jim, does it start when the Onkyo PI is disabled? Might be some interaction between the two.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Was just testing that... perhaps they are alergic to one another. Ill try disabling Onkyo integra and putting DLNA back in. Restart HS. Enalbe DLNA. Restar HS again and see what happens.

- Jim -

Comment

HS started fine with DLNA in and Okyo/Itegra disabled. Attempting to start with either one disabled and the other enabled results in a successful start up. Both enabled and kablooey.

However on the most recent attempt i received a slightly different failure (but one I had seen before, just not in a while) HS threw an error message up in its "Report this error" Dialong window, but it continued to run in the back ground. I copied to clipboard and attempted to close the dialong box and kablooey, Four dialogs boxes appear and HS stops responding. This time it bluescreened the box and forced a reboot. (I had seen this before when I tried to click on of the minimized dialogs boxes that appeared at the bottom of the screen.)

Here's the error.

1/1/2013 12:31:42 PM
                      The Undo operation encountered a context that is different from what was applied in the corresponding Set operation. The possible cause is that a context was Set on the thread and not reverted(undone).
                      HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.75
                      Source: mscorlib
                      Target: Void Undo()
                      Stack trace:
                      at System.Threading.SynchronizationContextSwitcher.Undo()
                      at System.Threading.ExecutionContextSwitcher.Undo()
                      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runFinallyCode(Object userData, Boolean exceptionThrown)
                      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteBackou tCodeHelper(Object backoutCode, Object userData, Boolean exceptionThrown)
                      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
                      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                      at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                      at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
                      at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
                      at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortC allback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
                      at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCa llback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
                      Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

Woot! It appears DLNA and Onkyo are alergic to each other in some way.

- Jim -

Comment

HS started fine with DLNA in and Okyo/Itegra disabled. Attempting to start with either one disabled and the other enabled results in a successful start up. Both enabled and kablooey.

However on the most recent attempt i received a slightly different failure (but one I had seen before, just not in a while) HS threw an error message up in its "Report this error" Dialong window, but it continued to run in the back ground. I copied to clipboard and attempted to close the dialong box and kablooey, Four dialogs boxes appear and HS stops responding. This time it bluescreened the box and forced a reboot. (I had seen this before when I tried to click on of the minimized dialogs boxes that appeared at the bottom of the screen.)

Here's the error.

1/1/2013 12:31:42 PM
                        The Undo operation encountered a context that is different from what was applied in the corresponding Set operation. The possible cause is that a context was Set on the thread and not reverted(undone).
                        HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.75
                        Source: mscorlib
                        Target: Void Undo()
                        Stack trace:
                        at System.Threading.SynchronizationContextSwitcher.Undo()
                        at System.Threading.ExecutionContextSwitcher.Undo()
                        at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runFinallyCode(Object userData, Boolean exceptionThrown)
                        at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteBackou tCodeHelper(Object backoutCode, Object userData, Boolean exceptionThrown)
                        at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
                        at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                        at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
                        at System.Net.ContextAwareResult.Complete(IntPtr userToken)
                        at System.Net.LazyAsyncResult.ProtectedInvokeCallback(Object result, IntPtr userToken)
                        at System.Net.Sockets.BaseOverlappedAsyncResult.CompletionPortC allback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* nativeOverlapped)
                        at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCa llback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
                        Please specify what you were doing at the time of this error:

Woot! It appears DLNA and Onkyo are alergic to each other in some way.

- Jim -
                        I suspect both are trying to open the same TCP port, what surprises me is that it only seems to be a problem when both are initializing at the same time.

Do you remember the first time you installed the DLNA PI? Did it show immediately after install and HS startup or only after you had added DLNA devices (the Onkyo receiver in particular) and the next HS restart? If it happened before any DLNA device was added, I'd be dumbfounded because that would mean that both PI are probably trying to do something with the UPNP subsystem. If it is after the Onkyo device was added to the DLNA PI, it could indeed be that both are trying to open the same TCP port and I think you can fix this by disabling (only) the remote control function that gets created by the DLNA Pi when you add the receiver.

Dirk

Dirk

Comment

I'd been running both PIs simultaneously for several months. I havent added any new receivers in over a year. I have added some new DLNA devices recently but not in the last two months. I began experience the issues a few weeks ago. Often times I was able to restart the PC and HS would load everything (all PIs including DLNA and Onkyo/Integra) and everything would work as expected. It was annoying, but eventually it would work, until last week when it started failing consitently and I started troubleshooting in earnest. Is there a way to add a delay to DLNA to have it pause before doing anyting, or possibly change the load order of Plug-Ins that I'm not aware of? Thanks for all your help.

- Jim -

Comment

I'd been running both PIs simultaneously for several months. I havent added any new receivers in over a year. I have added some new DLNA devices recently but not in the last two months. I began experience the issues a few weeks ago. Often times I was able to restart the PC and HS would load everything (all PIs including DLNA and Onkyo/Integra) and everything would work as expected. It was annoying, but eventually it would work, until last week when it started failing consitently and I started troubleshooting in earnest. Is there a way to add a delay to DLNA to have it pause before doing anyting, or possibly change the load order of Plug-Ins that I'm not aware of? Thanks for all your help.

- Jim -
                            I'd start with deactivating the remote control device that the DLNA PI created for the Onkyo receiver. I'm sure you are not using this.

The problem, I'm quite sure is an error (exception thrown) during the initialization of the PI that is not caught. I'm pretty good and consistent in catching any error, but I'll have a look at it again. So it might actually be the Onkyo PI that needs to catch the error that you posted and the problem could actually be in that PI.

I'll let you know if I find anything, suggest in the mean time you disable the remote control device (on the HS status page, find the remote control device for the Onkyo created by the DLNA PI and click on deactivate).

Dirk

Comment

Thanks Dirk. DLNA found the Receviers, but I never "added" a DMR devices so no controls should have been made. I'll check with the Integra Plug In developer. Thanks for all your help.

- Jim -

Comment

Working...
                              X