Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
    I see everything behaving as it should be, up to where you shutdown XBMC. Don't see anything about XBMC coming on-line. If you wait a while, does it come on-line? If you click on the discover new device button, does it show up as on-line? Which version of XBMC are you running? If XBMC does not announce itself when it starts up, the PI wouldn't know it is back. At start up of the PI, the PI specifically queries the network to see who is there but once that is done, it relies on the standard UPNP methodology where devices send alive messages at fixed periods or when they come on-line.

    I did make some changes in that area though (for Linux) so I may have inadvertently broken something.

    I did spot one error on the TCPListener in the earlier part of the log but I don't think that is the cause but I'll have a look at that as well.

    Dirk
    XBMC 13.2
    I discovered new devices and hey presto!! The XBMC server and player popped up.
    The same problem happens with my Philips TV, I'm sure this didn't happen with earlier versions of your Plugin??

    So I tried restarting the Plugin without XBMC running, then I started XBMC and it popped up!!
    Seems like first time a device is seen is OK until its shut down and restarted.

    Cheers
    J

    Comment


      Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
      Seems like first time a device is seen is OK until its shut down and restarted.
      You wrote that you are on the latest version, right?
      This is something I broke and fixed in >v.10 I wonder whether I missed something there.
      If you are on the latest version, could your turn off your TV or XBMC, set the debug level for the UPNP system to verbose, turn your TV/XBMC back on and capture the full log.

      Dirk

      Comment


        Yeah will do. I've put a discover devices button on my HSTouch.
        Thanks again!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
          Hi Dirk,

          Seems the DLNA Servers and Players don't connect again when shutdown and restarted.
          If I restart the plugin, they connect again.
          I've been on version 3.0.0.6 until just recently, and it had been working fine for months.
          On 31.10.14 I updated to 3.0.0.11 then on 5.11.14 I updated to 3.0.0.12.
          I'm not sure when it started doing this because I've only just noticed it, but I suspect after updating to 3.0.0.11.
          Log attached ...
          1. shutting the plugin down
          2. restarting with dlna servers/players on
          3. shutdown XBMC
          4. restart XBMC

          Cheers
          J
          Tried exact same scenario here tonight, no issues. XBMC comes back few seconds after I (re)start it.

          Dirk

          Comment


            Ok thanks Dirk, didn't get chance last night, I'll have a play tonight. Cheers

            Comment


              Nov-13 19:10:42 Error Posting back to plugin web page MediaConfig:F00DBABE-AA5E-BABA-DADA-1C5A6B0589CE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Nov-13 19:10:40
              Error Posting back to plugin web page MediaConfig:F00DBABE-AA5E-BABA-DADA-1C5A6B0589CE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Nov-13 19:10:39
              Error Posting back to plugin web page MediaConfig:F00DBABE-AA5E-BABA-DADA-1C5A6B0589CE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

              Tried messing with the TV, disconnected then tried reconnecting. It doesnt connect again, so I tried the discover devices button and that didnt work either. Then I noticed these in the log, its refering to the TV device.

              I didn't have debug on unfortunately, I'll reboot HS and see if I can see any more errors.
              Do you still want the upnp debug ?
              Re-booting the plugin gets it back again.
              Cheers
              J

              Comment


                Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                Nov-13 19:10:42 Error Posting back to plugin web page MediaConfig:F00DBABE-AA5E-BABA-DADA-1C5A6B0589CE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Nov-13 19:10:40
                Error Posting back to plugin web page MediaConfig:F00DBABE-AA5E-BABA-DADA-1C5A6B0589CE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Nov-13 19:10:39
                Error Posting back to plugin web page MediaConfig:F00DBABE-AA5E-BABA-DADA-1C5A6B0589CE: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

                Tried messing with the TV, disconnected then tried reconnecting. It doesnt connect again, so I tried the discover devices button and that didnt work either. Then I noticed these in the log, its refering to the TV device.

                I didn't have debug on unfortunately, I'll reboot HS and see if I can see any more errors.
                Do you still want the upnp debug ?
                Re-booting the plugin gets it back again.
                Cheers
                J
                I'm pretty sure the errors come from a web browser pulling up (any of) the PI's screens, whilst the PI is not there anymore (disabled or crashed). Also note, if you stop/start the PI, if you had any web screens open (config or player) you must refresh that screen, else clicking on things will give you unpredictable results.

                Dirk

                Comment


                  Yeah OK, I've done a verbose log. I think there might be something of use in there.
                  It sends a LOT of log entries!!
                  The TV (F00DBABE-AA5E-BABA-DADA-1C5A6B0589CE) was the one I disconnected and then re-connected. I'm not sure it's disconnecting right.
                  Cheers

                  J
                  Attached Files

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
                    Yeah OK, I've done a verbose log. I think there might be something of use in there.
                    It sends a LOT of log entries!!
                    The TV (F00DBABE-AA5E-BABA-DADA-1C5A6B0589CE) was the one I disconnected and then re-connected. I'm not sure it's disconnecting right.
                    Cheers

                    J
                    "a LOT of log entries" is quite an understatement. Are you sure you don't have any network loops?

                    How is this network constructed between routers/switches/wireless? Any multiple interfaces on the same PC, VMs in use ?

                    Dirk

                    Comment


                      license due to expire soon

                      checking the status on my plugin interface it shows as this plugin will expire at the end of the month. Is there a new version available with updated/no date? Currently running version 3.0.0.12

                      Comment


                        New MediaController HS3 v3.0.0.13 posted

                        Should be in the updater in a day or two

                        Changes to v3.0.0.13
                        • Trial Date extended to May 31st, 2015
                        • Fixed an issue in Function "PluginFunction" that caused 3pty access to fail (such as HSServer trying to read MediaAPI stuff)

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by ShimmerNZ View Post
                          checking the status on my plugin interface it shows as this plugin will expire at the end of the month. Is there a new version available with updated/no date? Currently running version 3.0.0.12
                          Version .13 sent to updater today.
                          Extends trial period to end May 2015

                          Dirk

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                            Every time I power on or off the TV, this device get's moved from "Media", "Samsung TV (stue") to "Mediacontroller", "[TV] Samsung".





                            Is there any way to stop that?
                            Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                            Sorry, missed that one. Will be fixed in next version. Trust all other devices are OK?

                            Dirk
                            I still have this issue. I'm on version .12.
                            HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                            Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                            on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                            WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                            Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                              I still have this issue. I'm on version .12.
                              You still have the issue w/ version .13 or v.12? You reported it after .12 was posted so the next release would be .13

                              Dirk

                              Comment


                                D'oh!

                                I also hope .13 fixes the issue with the plugin not reporting updates...
                                HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                                Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                                on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                                WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                                Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X