MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    I also hope .13 fixes the issue with the plugin not reporting updates...
    I actually have no idea why that is.

Comment

I also hope .13 fixes the issue with the plugin not reporting updates...
      Just looked at the updater.txt file, I think there is a typo in there.
      Notified the HS team to fix/look at.

Dirk

Comment

Hi dirk,

I updated to.13 and have found that my philips TV volume and state devices don't control my philips TV or respond to changes anymore. The player device however is still OK, not sure on other devices, and haven't tried my xbmc player either.
        So I swapped the.exe for the .12 version and they work again.
        Any ideas or debug needed??
        Cheers
        J

Comment

Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
          Hi dirk,

I updated to.13 and have found that my philips TV volume and state devices don't control my philips TV or respond to changes anymore. The player device however is still OK, not sure on other devices, and haven't tried my xbmc player either.
          So I swapped the.exe for the .12 version and they work again.
          Any ideas or debug needed??
          Cheers
          J
          I assume after going back to 12 and seeing it work, you tried one more time to step up to 13 and make sure this wasn't something else?

Can't think of anything that got changed in .13 that could cause something like this, unless it inadvertently got picked up.

Dirk

Comment

Just tried 13 again and it still didn't work. Went back to 12 and it works again. Debug log?

Comment

Just tried 13 again and it still didn't work. Went back to 12 and it works again. Debug log?
              just tried it here, no issue. Please turn on debug logs and capture two logs. One with the controls on the player (that work) and then from the state/volume controls that don't work.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk

Attached logs for version 12 and 13. I adjusted the volume on both. Still nothing on 13

Cheers

J
                Attached Files

Comment

Hi Dirk

Attached logs for version 12 and 13. I adjusted the volume on both. Still nothing on 13

Cheers

J
                  Hard to tell from the logs what is wrong. I suspect something goes wrong when the TV is discovered. Is it on-line when you start v13 or do you power it up after the PI is running? Whatever you do, try the opposite.

Leave the debug flag on when you restart the PI or HS3 with version 13 and look for errors or warnings (suggest you put the UPNP log level to errors and events). This assumes the TV is power on when you start HS3 or the PI, if you typically power the TV on after the PI is running than look through the log when the TV comes on-line. Look for errors or warnings.

If no errors or warnings, then we go for the first prize. Turn TV off. Turn superdebug on and UPNP level errors and events. Than turn TV on, post that log.

Dirk

Comment

Every time I power on or off the TV, this device get's moved from "Media", "Samsung TV (stue") to "Mediacontroller", "[TV] Samsung".

Is there any way to stop that?
                    Issue is resolved in .13!
                    HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                    Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                    on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                    WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                      Hard to tell from the logs what is wrong. I suspect something goes wrong when the TV is discovered. Is it on-line when you start v13 or do you power it up after the PI is running? Whatever you do, try the opposite.

Leave the debug flag on when you restart the PI or HS3 with version 13 and look for errors or warnings (suggest you put the UPNP log level to errors and events). This assumes the TV is power on when you start HS3 or the PI, if you typically power the TV on after the PI is running than look through the log when the TV comes on-line. Look for errors or warnings.

If no errors or warnings, then we go for the first prize. Turn TV off. Turn superdebug on and UPNP level errors and events. Than turn TV on, post that log.

Dirk

Hi dirk,
                      I've been messing with this thru the week. I've tried lots of things but can't get things working. The same thing happens to my xbmc also.

* Fixed an issue in Function "PluginFunction" that caused 3pty access to fail (such as HSServer trying to read MediaAPI stuff)

Whatever you did here has broken things for me, I'm wondering if disabling the iTunes daap plugin might help??
                      I'll try this and post the super debug log shortly.
                      Cheers
                      J

Comment

Whatever you did here has broken things for me, I'm wondering if disabling the iTunes daap plugin might help??.
                        Would be very surprised if another PI had anything to do with this issues

I'll try this and post the super debug log shortly.
                        Yup, that's what we're going to need. I "optimized" the log to disk function, that might be easier to capture a BIG log file. Don't forget to turn it off!!
                        You can post or perhaps email me the log if it is too big.

Dirk

Comment

Email sent.
                          Cheers
                          J

Comment

I switched the TV on, then messed with the volume.
                            I'm thinking maybe I should have disabled an event that restarts your Plugin when the TV comes online.
                            Let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

I'm thinking maybe I should have disabled an event that restarts your Plugin when the TV comes online.
                              huh ??????
                              What is this event doing?
                              Why?

Comment

MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

I was on 3.0.0.6 and all worked ok.
                                I recently updated to 3.0.0.12 and players would not reconnect if they went offline.
                                Restarting the Plugin is the only way to get them to connect again.
                                I've emailed you about this issue and the restarting solution before.
                                Now on 3.0.0.13 volume / player state devices don't control my TV or XBMC.

Comment

Working...
                                X