Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    50% working !!!

    Hi,
    I can not get everything to work with the DLNA PI.
    For instance, see picture 1 to 3, the volume, and pause button are working, time of the song is working, but no album art, and the play button like track up/down not working, and that is either on the web control application, Web control player, or on the IPad application.

    Need help.

    Thank-you

    JYA
    Attached Files

    Comment


      Originally posted by jyves@videotron.ca View Post
      Hi,
      I can not get everything to work with the DLNA PI.
      For instance, see picture 1 to 3, the volume, and pause button are working, time of the song is working, but no album art, and the play button like track up/down not working, and that is either on the web control application, Web control player, or on the IPad application.

      Need help.

      Thank-you

      JYA
      JYA,

      there is one important thing you should keep in mind, the UPNP/DLNA interface, for most devices is implemented as an "independent" interface. Think of it like your AV receiver which can select inputs like HDMI1, HDMI2, AV, Network .... and when you select one interface, it really didn't matter what was happening on the other interface, they are independent. So it varies a bit from device to device, but in general, you should select content from this PI and then stop/pause etc should work, so the selected content and actions are all associated with the DLNA interface, as opposed to you selecting content with one interface and try to control it with another interface. As I wrote it depends a bit from device to device but in general it is not a remote control.

      Does that make sense? So use this PI to select and tell it what to play and then you will find that you can control it. That means that you need to have a DLNA server which manages your content. That should be no problem with tons of free DLNA servers that are really good. If the album art is missing, than use a different DLNA server.

      Dirk

      Comment


        How do I uninstall the PI?

        Tried 3.0.0.12 on HS3 3.0.0.96 with no success. Want to remove the plugin from the HS3 installation but can't do it via the interface - there is no option to do so for this plugin.

        How do I perform a clean uninstall?

        Regards,
        Fredrik

        Comment


          Originally posted by FredrikKan View Post
          Tried 3.0.0.12 on HS3 3.0.0.96 with no success. Want to remove the plugin from the HS3 installation but can't do it via the interface - there is no option to do so for this plugin.

          How do I perform a clean uninstall?

          Regards,
          Fredrik
          Deactivate the PI from the interface page, manually delete all HS devices the PI created. Stop HS3, delete the MediaController.exe file from the HS directory. Restart HS3.

          If you want to be 100%, delete the subdirectories <hsroot>\html\Mediacontroller and <hsroot>\html\images\mediacontroller

          Dirk

          Comment


            Are there any good suggestions for the streaming devices, I want to use the zone feature throughout my house.

            Comment


              Originally posted by afmiller View Post
              Are there any good suggestions for the streaming devices, I want to use the zone feature throughout my house.
              What is your focus: audio or video?
              What do you mean by "use the zone feature"?

              It seems that for video, the roku and google sticks are more favorite but they are HDMI "based" so not created for audio. I always liked the Sony devices but not clear whether they are still supported ... and they were capable to create multizone (synchronized) audio.

              Dirk

              Comment


                I'd like to have zoned music, much like how j rivers plugin use to be.

                Comment


                  Hi Dirk,
                  I can't get the remote feature working with my new Samsung TV. I get this error:

                  Mar-18 12:35:55 PM MC Error Error in ConnectCallback calling EndConnect with ipAddress = 192.168.1.20 with Error = No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.20:55000.

                  I can push DLNA to the TV so the comms are obviously working. It recognises there is a remote and creates a device, it just doesnt work.

                  TV is Samsung UA60H6400.

                  Also, when i try to use a button on the remote - my entire Homeseer application basically locks up for a few minutes (no other commands go through for any other non-mediacontroller devices). Resources on the PC look ok though...

                  Help appreciated.
                  Cheers
                  Matt.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                    Hi Dirk,
                    I can't get the remote feature working with my new Samsung TV. I get this error:

                    Mar-18 12:35:55 PM MC Error Error in ConnectCallback calling EndConnect with ipAddress = 192.168.1.20 with Error = No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.20:55000.

                    I can push DLNA to the TV so the comms are obviously working. It recognises there is a remote and creates a device, it just doesnt work.

                    TV is Samsung UA60H6400.

                    Also, when i try to use a button on the remote - my entire Homeseer application basically locks up for a few minutes (no other commands go through for any other non-mediacontroller devices). Resources on the PC look ok though...

                    Help appreciated.
                    Cheers
                    Matt.
                    Did you set the allowance on the TV to have it remote controlled? Also when the first attempt is made to register, a pop up on the TV should appear that you need to click "accept" to.
                    There is of course the risk that Samsung (yet again) changed this feature on their new TVs, perhaps not standard port 55000 anymore

                    Dirk

                    Comment


                      I think the port may have changed.

                      I get the popup when I go to push a video via DLNA for the first time, but no popup for remote functions - I get that error message in my log pretty much straight away.

                      I've gone through my TV settings and can't find any options I need to set.

                      Is there anything in my log files you may want?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Mattyjee View Post
                        I think the port may have changed.

                        I get the popup when I go to push a video via DLNA for the first time, but no popup for remote functions - I get that error message in my log pretty much straight away.

                        I've gone through my TV settings and can't find any options I need to set.

                        Is there anything in my log files you may want?
                        I'm afraid that Samsung might have dropped the remote control support in favor of a "direct" communication between embedded apps and apps in portables (TV Sideview)

                        Dirk

                        Comment


                          I get this error from time to time:
                          mar-23 15:21:24 MC Error Error in ProcessAVTransportXML for UPnPDevice = Xbox 360 with VariableName = TransportPlaySpeed and Value = and error = Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid.
                          Weird, as 'Nothing' usually translates to '0' when converted to Double.
                          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                          Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                            I get this error from time to time:


                            Weird, as 'Nothing' usually translates to '0' when converted to Double.
                            Are you running this under Linux? Mono seems to struggle with this. Thought I caught all of them. if you can catch one with debug flag on than I can add some code to protect.


                            Dirk

                            Comment


                              No, this is on Windows 7 64x (english language, but norwegian formatting).
                              HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
                              Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
                              on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
                              WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

                              Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Moskus View Post
                                No, this is on Windows 7 64x (english language, but norwegian formatting).
                                Interesting. On mobile here (in your neck of the woods :-)), did your log show which tag is offending? If it doesn't show, can you capture it with debug flag on. Assume you are on latest version, right?
                                Dirk

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X