Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
    The WMP is on a different VM to HS3 yes. Yes, it is running.

    HTTP 500 error screen

    Snap 1 on attach

    Snap 2, 3, 4

    Firewalls are off on both VM's
    Hope this helps.

    Cheers
    J
    I see another WMP player on a machine called Dell-M4700 at IP address 192.168.1.14 does this device work or do they give both the same problem?

    Don't immediately see anything wrong in your screen captures but Microsoft tends to get creative in how they create URLs etc and I wonder whether I'm making a mistake somewhere and/or not escaping the URL properly. I'll compare it at home over the weekend to see how things should look like on a "normal" install.

    Dirk

    Comment


      Yes, same subnet.
      HS3 IP is 192.168.1.13
      WMP IP is 192.168.1.16
      I can ping from cmd line each way yes.
      I'm not sure, but I don't think I've tried a WMP before. Only what you can see in the UPNP screen I sent.
      I'll check the WMP configs, and make sure I haven't missed anything.
      No rush, enjoy your weekend!!

      ps I did try the WMP on my Laptop also - same thing.

      Cheers

      J

      Comment


        Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
        I'm not sure, but I don't think I've tried a WMP before. Only what you can see in the UPNP screen I sent.

        ps I did try the WMP on my Laptop also - same thing.
        I've definitely done WMP before because I had to write a bunch of code to make the bloody thing work. It has been a while so maybe I broke something or something changed. Will try over the weekend.

        Dirk

        Comment


          Just added the WMP server and it accesses OK, looks like just the renderer wont work.

          Cheers

          J

          Comment


            Originally posted by Skinnez View Post
            Just added the WMP server and it accesses OK, looks like just the renderer wont work.

            Cheers

            J
            Now that sounds familiar, make sure you have the allowance to "control" WMP set.

            But there might be some more there! I struggled with mine also for a while but in my case, I simply couldn't discover the renderer, once discovered I didn't have an issue adding it to HS. Seem to recall it had something to do w/ IPv6 routing that I had disabled in my IP stack (or firewall). I think our forward looking friends at Microsoft have enabled WMP to be IPv6 capable and I'm sure I'm overlooking something/somewhere. Having that said, I eventually got it working properly.

            Dirk

            Comment


              MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

              Aha let me check that, I disabled ipv6 on hs3 vm
              Yes the "control" on wmp is set.
              Just doing a reboot.
              Last edited by Skinnez; April 17, 2015, 04:32 PM.

              Comment


                So after the reboot, I accidentally hit "disable" in the NIC properties on my HS VM, instead of "properties" which, er... disabled it.
                After lots of punching, kicking and then waiting.., I finally got a new NIC for my HS3 vm.
                You will be pleased to know the WMP renderer and ALL its devices are now in HS!!
                I will probably find that iTunes home sharing wont work properly with IPv6 back, but at least I can go to bed now..

                Cheers

                J

                Comment


                  Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                  ? What store release? The PI is in the updater.

                  Dirk
                  Huh. I saw mine was going to expire, but with no link to register. It made me think it wasn't released. Something must have gone screwy. I will check what is going on tonight. I thought all the plug-ins I use were already now paid for anyway.

                  Comment


                    OK, I realized what is going on... This plugin is still free, but you have it set to expire I guess at the end of May. When will there be a non-expiring one?

                    Comment


                      Great Plug-in. Will be very sad if it expires.
                      My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

                      Comment


                        +1

                        Comment


                          In My events most of the time won't run trying to display a picture on the Samsung TV. sometimes they do sometimes they don't I have been unable to replicate.

                          I can use the player to send stuff to the TV all the time and that works just fine.

                          Also when I tried to send an MP3 to the TV it gives me an unsupported on the TV screen.

                          Also when I try to send a speech to it I get an error on the TV says it's unsupported as well. And actually most of the time it will not even do anything on the TV.

                          I guess more accurately is there is a major delay in it not playing it.

                          Thank you for writing this plug-in I intend to use it a whole lot, I will like the features.

                          Code:
                          May-21 10:56:03 AM	 	MC Error	Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
                          May-21 10:56:02 AM	 	MC Error	Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue adding a track to the Queue = http://192.168.1.6:82/MediaController/Announcements/Ann_LivingTV_2.wav
                          May-21 10:56:01 AM	 	MC Error	Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
                          May-21 10:55:59 AM	 	MC Error	Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
                          Attached Files

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jfryhling View Post
                            Great Plug-in. Will be very sad if it expires.
                            No worries, plan on posting new version w/ timelock removed, before the end of the month.

                            Dirk

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by mattdb View Post
                              In My events most of the time won't run trying to display a picture on the Samsung TV. sometimes they do sometimes they don't I have been unable to replicate.

                              I can use the player to send stuff to the TV all the time and that works just fine.

                              Also when I tried to send an MP3 to the TV it gives me an unsupported on the TV screen.

                              Also when I try to send a speech to it I get an error on the TV says it's unsupported as well. And actually most of the time it will not even do anything on the TV.

                              I guess more accurately is there is a major delay in it not playing it.

                              Thank you for writing this plug-in I intend to use it a whole lot, I will like the features.

                              Code:
                              May-21 10:56:03 AM         MC Error    Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
                              May-21 10:56:02 AM         MC Error    Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue adding a track to the Queue = http://192.168.1.6:82/MediaController/Announcements/Ann_LivingTV_2.wav
                              May-21 10:56:01 AM         MC Error    Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
                              May-21 10:55:59 AM         MC Error    Error in DoCheckAnnouncementQueue. 100 seconds expired since the announcement started and no end was received.
                              Turn the debug flag for the PI on, try to replicate the problem, email or post FULL log from beginning of the event to end, which could be multiple screens. Sometimes easier to email the homeseer.hdb Log file or try turning disk logging for the PI on before you start, turn off afterwards and zip/post or email the disk log file.

                              Dirk

                              Comment


                                Zipped log link:

                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqs58fd3lm...erLog.zip?dl=0

                                I couldn't attach it here.

                                Thanks for the fast response

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X