No announcement yet.

MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes but i shut down my reciever when it is not in use.
    after a few minutes your plugin will looses its connection to it...
    i cant have to disable and re-enable the plugin every time i turn on my receiver...

even "disconnect" and "reconnect" doesnt work so i cant put it in an event

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
      yes but i shut down my reciever when it is not in use.
      after a few minutes your plugin will looses its connection to it...
      i cant have to disable and re-enable the plugin every time i turn on my receiver...

even "disconnect" and "reconnect" doesnt work so i cant put it in an event
      just wanted to know whether a restart of HS3 when the device is ON-line does the trick. Never suggested that was the solution

If it does, than I'm pretty sure it is the same problem that I hope to have a solution for. Your statement that you deleted everything had me very concerned there was something else lurking.

Dirk

Comment

well when i deleted the settings i had to disable the plugin or close HS3 so basically it did the same as disable and enable it....

i shut down the receiver - the status goes from ONLINE with a green V to a yellow V with "alive - failure"
        when i turn on the receiver - the status doesnt change unless i shutdown the plugin / hs3 and enable it again.

Blade had his BLOnkyo plugin do a ping test to see if it is alive.

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
          Blade had his BLOnkyo plugin do a ping test to see if it is alive.
          So did I ....

It gave me other issues where devices became pingeable but UPNP subsystem wasn't up yet or vice-versa, when a UPNP server or player was an APP on a PC, you could ping it all day long, you had no clue of whether the APP was running or not ... you could only find out that the device was on the network. I decided to rewrite it completely and unfortunately broke a few things. Hopefully the new version, yet-to-be-posted, will put all the issues in the past.

Dirk

Comment

Hi Dirk,

OK, just a couple of errors but don't seem to be causing any problems..

Jun-16 20:43:57 MC Error Error in MyAddNewDeviceTimer_Elapsed. Unable to add a new device with error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
            Jun-16 20:43:57 MC Error Error in CreateUPnPControllers. Could not create instance of UPnPDeviceController for UPnpDevice = SKINNEZ-VT-PC3 and error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Actually, the skinnez-vt-pc3 device is a WMP I used for testing a while back so not needed really (I might delete it later).
            The other error is related??

One thing I found was the plugin had disconnected (but was still working OK) so I restarted it and its OK again.

I'll keep my eye on it.

Cheers!!

J

Comment

Originally posted by mattdb View Post
              Also when I tried to send an MP3 to the TV it gives me an unsupported on the TV screen.

Also when I try to send a speech to it I get an error on the TV says it's unsupported as well. And actually most of the time it will not even do anything on the TV.
              Just a quick update. I've managed to get some cycle time w/ the HS team and we're working on this. Rich cooked up v189 which supposedly fixes this.
              I'll post back as of which HS3 version I believe this is working again.

Dirk
              postedit: v189 appears to do what it should, try it!
              Last edited by dcorsus; June 16, 2015, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Hi Dirk, first of all congratulations for your great job!

I'm using it for control a samsung TV C8000 and a dlna server. It works fine except as small issue. When I turn off the TV the log shows "UPNP device XX has been disconnected from the network in mydevicefinderCallback_Devicelost". Then if a switch on the TV trough the IR remote, the pluggin doesn't aware of that and the TV device stay "activated offline". After restarting your pluggin the TV is rediscovered and it works again. I create an small script to deactivate and activate your pluggin when the TV is detected trhough jon00 pluggin.

I tested with v187, v194 and the current v199

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by makinava View Post

I'm using it for control a samsung TV C8000 and a dlna server. It works fine except as small issue. When I turn off the TV the log shows "UPNP device XX has been disconnected from the network in mydevicefinderCallback_Devicelost". Then if a switch on the TV trough the IR remote, the pluggin doesn't aware of that and the TV device stay "activated offline". After restarting your pluggin the TV is rediscovered and it works again. I create an small script to deactivate and activate your pluggin when the TV is detected trhough jon00 pluggin.

Regards
                  Which version of the PI (not HS) are you using? This sounds like something I fixed a while back. I have a c8000 as well, I'll try it tonight.
                  Dirk

Comment

Regards
                    Just tried it, no problem here. Which device are we talking about, the player, remote or message device?

Dirk

Comment

Thank you for you quick answer. The version of the PI is 3.0.0.30.

The remote device stay "activated offline" (orange color) and the tv doesn't respond to any button. (I'm interested in the hdmi source button).

regards

Comment

Thank you for you quick answer. The version of the PI is 3.0.0.30.

The remote device stay "activated offline" (orange color) and the tv doesn't respond to any button. (I'm interested in the hdmi source button).

regards
                        So we're talking about the remote control device not the player device. I just tested that as well and didn't see a problem on my system. There are a few things I should check in my code that might be an issue or not, need to find some time to look at that.

Two things to do/know, how long do you wait after turning the TV back on to test? If you wait lets say 2 minutes (just trying to educate self) does it makes a difference?

Can you turn the PI's debug flag (PIs config page) on, turn TV off and ON and post the log.

Dirk
                        postedit: doing code reading, it might be that it is the other way around, that if you turn TV off and ON within a few minutes it works but not if TV is off for long period.
                        I think I forget to close the TCP connection when the TV is turned off and I might not re-establish it when the TV is turned on (whilst it timed out by itself).
                        Last edited by dcorsus; September 4, 2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Hi dirk, I tested to switch on the devices two minutes after but I still have the same issue. After the disconnection message I only can get this message in log every second.

9/5/2015 12:38:13 PM : ReadIniFile has discovered 11 device types to look for
                          9/5/2015 12:38:13 PM : MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TX-NR708 is checking the queue
                          9/5/2015 12:38:13 PM : MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TX-NR708 is polling the RenderState
                          9/5/2015 12:38:13 PM : MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TV-40C8000 is checking the queue
                          9/5/2015 12:38:13 PM : MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TV-40C8000 is polling the RenderState
                          9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice UE40C8000 is checking the queue
                          9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice UE40C8000 is polling the RenderState
                          9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TX-NR708 is checking the queue
                          9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TX-NR708 is polling the RenderState
                          9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TV-40C8000 is checking the queue
                          9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TV-40C8000 is polling the RenderState

I have Onkyo TX-NR708 in the same network with the same behavior as you can see in the log.

Regards and thank you

Comment

Hi dirk, I tested to switch on the devices two minutes after but I still have the same issue. After the disconnection message I only can get this message in log every second.

9/5/2015 12:38:13 PM : ReadIniFile has discovered 11 device types to look for
                            9/5/2015 12:38:13 PM : MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TX-NR708 is checking the queue
                            9/5/2015 12:38:13 PM : MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TX-NR708 is polling the RenderState
                            9/5/2015 12:38:13 PM : MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TV-40C8000 is checking the queue
                            9/5/2015 12:38:13 PM : MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TV-40C8000 is polling the RenderState
                            9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice UE40C8000 is checking the queue
                            9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice UE40C8000 is polling the RenderState
                            9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TX-NR708 is checking the queue
                            9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TX-NR708 is polling the RenderState
                            9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyCheckQueueTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TV-40C8000 is checking the queue
                            9/5/2015 12:38:14 PM : MyPollRenderStateTimer_Elapsed called for UPnPDevice TV-40C8000 is polling the RenderState

I have Onkyo TX-NR708 in the same network with the same behavior as you can see in the log.

Regards and thank you

Can you check your version again. The last version is .20, there never was a .30

Dirk

Comment

Sorry, I mean .20.

Comment

Sorry, I mean .20.
                                The trace seems to suggest that the TV is not sending a SSDP:Alive message or you are struggling with something I fixed a few releases ago.

Do you see the same problem with the Onkyo?

After you turned your TV back on, can you go into the MediaController config screen, click on the button at the bottom "view UPNP devices". You will see a table, what is the state of the TV devices, there should be multiple.

Maybe some screenshots can help.

Alternatively, one thing you could do is to turn the UPNP debug level higher. For example you reset PI, turn TV on (so far all is good), now turn UPNP debug to lets errors and events, now turn turn TV off and back on and get me that log. If you see nothing appearing in the log when the TV is turned back on (about 15~30 seconds after turning on), the problem might be with the TV or some antivirus thing on your PC.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X