No announcement yet.

MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use this plugin and I too have Plex. It works great for films. As a suggestion, I use iTunes installed on my hs3 pc for music and use the official apple iPhone remote app to control it. I've been doing this for years, works very well. For hs3 integration use spuds iTunes daap plugin. Expensive but works well. You can also play your iTunes library from Plex.
    Cheers
    J

Comment

There is a Plex plugin also that might help. I did try it, but didn't need it for what I wanted to do.
      Cheers
      J

Comment

Cant install this plugin.

I never could get this to work. So I just installed the iTunes DAAP. I now have full functionality in HStouch just like the old media player plugin of HS2.

But now I can not get this plugin off of my system. There is no Uninstall option. What do I do?
        HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
        Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
        Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

I am also having the remote part for a samsung tv going to deactivated. Log attached.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mattdb View Post
            I am also having the remote part for a samsung tv going to deactivated. Log attached.
            Firewall issue? Resource issue?

See error in log:

Error in Send with ipAddress = 192.168.1.125 with error = An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Dirk

Comment

Can someone please tell me how to uninstall this plugin? My last post in this thread was ignored. There is no X to remove it.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Originally posted by codemonkey View Post
                Can someone please tell me how to uninstall this plugin? My last post in this thread was ignored. There is no X to remove it.
                No idea why HS doesn't have it's "X" to remove MultipleInstanceSingleEXE kind of PIs. There is no install of any sort in the registry in HS3, just files.

Delete the hspi_mediacontroller.* from the <hs root> directory, delete the subdirectory and content under <hsroot>\html\MediaController, delete the MediaController*.ini file from <Hsroot>\config.

Dirk

Comment

Thank you sir.

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                    Firewall issue? Resource issue?

See error in log:

Error in Send with ipAddress = 192.168.1.125 with error = An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Dirk
                    Well....that is kind of what I thought....however, I dont have Firewall or Antivirus on this beast. It is in a VMWare session and the PC that the VMWare is running doesnt have firewall or antivirus running either. The network connection in VMWare is also set to briged and not NAT.

Clueless at this point. Do have another Samsung TV on the network that will take some commands but does not have any remote functions.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by mattdb; February 18, 2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

The connection with your TV is lost after 10~15 seconds, any idea why? Anything changed in your setup?
                        Was it working reliably before? If so at which point did it stop and what changed to the environment? Which OS are you running this on? Are you running it in a VM? Any difference when you turn off your firewall?

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by mattdb View Post
                          Well....that is kind of what I thought....however, I dont have Firewall or Antivirus on this beast. It is in a VMWare session and the PC that the VMWare is running doesnt have firewall or antivirus running either. The network connection in VMWare is also set to briged and not NAT.

Clueless at this point. Do have another Samsung TV on the network that will take some commands but does not have any remote functions.
                          Has this ever worked on this PC in this VM? The connection closes after 10 seconds. If it worked before, when did it stop and what changed to your environment? Tell me again which OS you are running?

Dirk

Comment

Windows 7. I have the error only after a remote device key is pressed.

regards
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by makinava View Post
                              Windows 7. I have the error only after a remote device key is pressed.

regards
                              Did it ever work? If so, when did it stop and what might have changed?

Comment

This specific problem has started just after I downloaded the .25 version. The devices remains activated meanwhile I don't press any button.

With previous version I was having random problems (disconnection after severals days) as you know, but it used to work

regards
                                Last edited by makinava; February 26, 2016, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X