Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MediaController plugin beta testing Forum

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Moskus View Post
    Ok, please give a hint when that happens.
    Struggled with some Multicast Linux idiosyncrasies over the weekend but actually ready to go but waiting for a new HS3 version that fixes something in order to make mono work properly. Rich already provided a test HSCF.DLL that seems to take care of business.

    Dirk

    Comment


      Originally posted by Moskus View Post

      1. Is it possible to use this to power ON my Samsung TV?



      I have 2009 and 2011 Samsung TVs that cannot be turned on via IP. I use the Ex-Link port which is essentially a serial port that takes a 3.5mm stereo plug. I use custom 3.5mm stereo to RJ45 on the TV end and a regular Cat5 run to my patch panel. At the panel end I use a RJ45 to serial cable which goes to a serial server. Lastly, I use drule's Serial/IP plugin to send the ON command.

      I use Dirk's PI for everything else.
      cheeryfool

      Comment


        Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
        What's wrong with that? It is the IP that HS believes its working with.
        Because when accessing HS remotely, as I'm always doing because it saves the hazzle of switching between multiple adresses, the local IP is not accessible (of course).
        HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
        Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
        on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
        WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

        Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

        Comment


          Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
          I have 2009 and 2011 Samsung TVs that cannot be turned on via IP. I use the Ex-Link port which is essentially a serial port that takes a 3.5mm stereo plug. I use custom 3.5mm stereo to RJ45 on the TV end and a regular Cat5 run to my patch panel. At the panel end I use a RJ45 to serial cable which goes to a serial server. Lastly, I use drule's Serial/IP plugin to send the ON command.

          I use Dirk's PI for everything else.
          Wow, cool! I've never seen a jack to RJ45-connector before.
          HSPro 3.0.0.458, Z-NET with Z-wave plugin 3.0.1.190, RFXCOM + 2x RFXtrx433E, HSTouch, Squeezebox plugin, iTach IP/WF2IR & GC-100-6 with UltraGCIR, BLDenon, NetcamStudio, Jon00s Webpage builder, Harmony Hub plugin, SCSIP (with FreePBX), Arduino plugin, IFTTT, Pushalot plugin, Device History plugin.
          Running on Windows 10 (64) virtualized
          on ESXi (Fujitsu Primergy TX150 S8).
          WinSeer (for Win10) - TextSeer - FitbitSeer - HSPI_MoskusSample

          Are you Norwegian (or Scandinavian) and getting started with HomeSeer? Read the "HomeSeer School"!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Moskus View Post
            Wow, cool! I've never seen a jack to RJ45-connector before.

            It's a custom cable. Here's a good thread with cable pin out for 3.5mm jack to DB9.

            http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...ad.cgi?30761,1

            You can use this as a guideline to build the 3.5mm jack to RJ45. For the RJ45 to DB9 I am using a standard Cisco cable which can be picked up on eBay for cheap.

            If you have only a short run and therefore don't need to switch to RJ45 and back, then you can buy the 3.5mm to DB9 on Amazon

            http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004T9...&robot_redir=1
            cheeryfool

            Comment


              Originally posted by Moskus View Post
              Because when accessing HS remotely, as I'm always doing because it saves the hassle of switching between multiple addresses, the local IP is not accessible (of course).
              Seem to remember somebody asking the same many years ago for my Sonos PI for the same reason. I took it out and the next version v.09, which has all the Linux changes, has been sent to HS to be put in the updater, so hopefully it will post today.

              I get it why it wouldn't work if you do this remotely, but taking out the IP address, why would it work remotely? Are browsers smart enough to append the IP address that you added if none is present?

              Dirk

              Comment


                Still Offline after turn on

                Hi!
                thx your plugin are perfect for me.
                but having problem with the plugin are not detecting when my samsung tv turns on again. Everywhere it say it still offline in you plugin but jon00 network plugin find the tv when it change to on.

                But when I restart your plugin and go to config it start to work

                Or have I miss some settings?
                Last edited by Daarn; October 28, 2014, 01:18 PM. Reason: forgot text

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Daarn View Post
                  Hi!
                  thx your plugin are perfect for me.
                  but having problem with the plugin are not detecting when my samsung tv turns on again. Everywhere it say it still offline in you plugin but jon00 network plugin find the tv when it change to on.

                  But when I restart your plugin and go to config it start to work

                  Or have I miss some settings?
                  Noted I broke a few things (I think) in v08 when I changed the PI not to use PINGs. I have a new version .10 emailed to HS to be put in the updater. Hope you'll see it tomorrow. I did make more changes to support Linux so I hope I didn't break anything else.

                  Have fun,

                  Dirk

                  Comment


                    new version 3.0.0.10 was posted in the updater

                    Changes to v3.0.0.10
                    • Devices that show up later are not automatically set to on-line, broke this in v08
                    • Added support for Linux, but this bug in HS3 (http://bugzilla.homeseer.com/bugzill...ug.cgi?id=2258) needs to be resolved first for it to work (or download the HSCF.DLL posted in that bugreport)

                    Comment


                      Would it be possible to have an option to either pause or duck the volume of playing music when HS3 speaks something?
                      Originally posted by rprade
                      There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by S-F View Post
                        Would it be possible to have an option to either pause or duck the volume of playing music when HS3 speaks something?
                        There used to be a PI that generated events when HS was speaking, not sure it is now part of standard HS3 functions, have you checked it?

                        If so, you could use that to manipulate volume, challenge I see is what do you set the volume to when the event is done. If you are good with scripting you definitely can write a script that reads the volume, stores the volume and set it to something quieter, wait for HS.Speak to end and set volume back to original value.

                        The PI today doesn't have that capability but it would be great if HS3 had it.

                        Dirk

                        Comment


                          I can't seem to find any options in HS3. There isn't even a trigger for speaking beginning or finishing. But I figured it out. I'm using BLSpeech and it has the ability to run events before and after speaking. So I just cooked up an event to set the volume to 15% and then back up to 100%.
                          Originally posted by rprade
                          There is no rhyme or reason to the anarchy a defective Z-Wave device can cause

                          Comment


                            New MediaController HS3 beta v3.0.0.11 posted

                            Changes to v3.0.0.11
                            • Playlist function was broken
                            • Shuffle function for playlist was missing, fixed
                            • Error in installer for Linux, help file was not installed properly
                            • Saving playlist was broken
                            • Playlist SaveAs function was added
                            • Fixed ClearQueue for Actions "Play Item"



                            Still needs fixing:
                            • Play now, last, none in events is not coded yet

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                              There used to be a PI that generated events when HS was speaking, not sure it is now part of standard HS3 functions, have you checked it?

                              If so, you could use that to manipulate volume, challenge I see is what do you set the volume to when the event is done. If you are good with scripting you definitely can write a script that reads the volume, stores the volume and set it to something quieter, wait for HS.Speak to end and set volume back to original value.

                              The PI today doesn't have that capability but it would be great if HS3 had it.

                              Dirk
                              I found a solution in just having every time I have HS3 speak something, check to see if the MP is playing, if so, drop the MP volume, then restore it to previous level after speaking. It involves a little scripting and creation of events to set volume to particular levels.

                              In this case, I have created a VOLUME UP and VOLUME down event, which increment by 5 and then events for volume hard set at 10, 20, 30, etc...

                              ////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

                              mediaState = hs.DeviceValueByName("MediaController scotty (MCXX : Windows Media Player) State")

                              select case mediaState
                              case "1" isPlaying = "true"
                              case "2" isPlaying = "false"
                              case "3" isPlaying = "false"
                              case "4" isPlaying = "true"
                              case "5" isPlaying = "true"
                              case "6" isPlaying = "true"
                              end select

                              if isPlaying = "true" then
                              prevMediaVol = hs.DeviceValueByName("MediaController scotty (MCXX : Windows Media Player) Volume")

                              hs.TriggerEvent "MP Volume 5"

                              if cint(prevMediaVol) > 9 then
                              if cint(prevMediaVol) = 100 then
                              else
                              myMVTens = left(prevMediaVol,1)
                              myMVRem = right(prevMediaVol,1)
                              end if
                              else
                              myMVTens = ""
                              myMVRem = prevMediaVol
                              end if

                              myVolEvent = "MP Volume " & myMVTens & "0"

                              if myMVRem >= 5 then
                              myMVRem = 1
                              else
                              myMVRem = 0
                              end if

                              hs.waitsecs 2

                              else
                              end if

                              ///// SPEAKING STUFF HERE /////////////////////////////

                              Then restore the MP volume to previous level----------------------------

                              if isPlaying = "true" then

                              hs.waitsecs 2

                              hs.TriggerEvent myVolEvent

                              if myMVRem > 0 then
                              for i = 1 to cint(myMVRem)
                              hs.TriggerEvent "MP Volume Up"
                              hs.Waitsecs 1
                              'hs.Writelog "MEDIA: "," -- RUNNING VOLUME UP: " & i & "."
                              next
                              else
                              end if

                              else
                              end if

                              //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

                              Yeah, the "ISSpeaking" plugin is gone, so scripting your speak stuff is going to be the only way to do it.

                              Hope this helps... I actually kind of had fun tinkering with it

                              Comment


                                Nice job on the playlist editor! Really like it!

                                Although I'd have one wish, to be able to "add all" from the left column to the queue. This would enable adding an entire album or collection from an artist of genre quite easy.

                                If I do an "Add To Playlist" while viewing an album, without selecting a song, it will put the album, or artist or playlist title in the right column, but it's apparently only a container, not the contents. That would be the only functionality that could improve what you've got there.

                                This happens if I try to play an album title (container) that's been added to the queue...

                                Error in CheckQueue for device = MCXX Windows Media with unknown class = ctUnknown and ObjectID = 036D8F5B and Title = Big Generator and UDN = 6143dfd6-563c-4db5-aae2-197c11f7ceb7

                                I also noticed that the left column no longer scrolls. Is that intentional/mandatory? I have a rather large media collection and it gets a little lengthy when listing things like "All Artists" LOL

                                By the way, I'd be happy to make a donation for all of your hard work on this. I am in the process of planning to build a home automation company and would love to be able to include the kind of functionality you have here.

                                Cheers!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X